• Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Reniefuwa
NightfallDuet
Reniefuwa
NightfallDuet

RENIEFUWA'S BACK! biggrin

GMA showed an interview this morning from 20/20 with E.L. James. The woman told them that Meyer was her big inspiration for writing Erotica de Twilight Fifty Shades of Grey.

I think Jose's more of a Jacob since it's going to be obvious that he'll fall in love with her too, and he might use attempts to woo her like Jacob tried with Bella.

Haha, yeah! Lurking for a while, but didn't have anything to really contribute. I equated Jose to Mike because of the hardware store nephew/son of the owners/manager thing.

Well, even with all of that, he still sort of reminds me of Jacob. Because of his native personality and such, then again, Mike had that too. *shrugs*

Oh yeah, since he's clearly supposed to be a potential love interest, he's like Jacob in that way, probably moreso than he's like Mike, so I actually agree with you there.

I think most of those boys from Twi-s**t were her "potential" love interests. xD

Meyer thinks she's a movie producer. That poor book. It will get a ton of attention than most likely a less than stellar movie.
Well, my day's off to a sad start. *points to sig*

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Captain Talavar

sad Sorry to hear that. I only heard yesterday that d**k Clark died. As for Frid, at least he got his chance to be in the Dark Shadows movie. smile RIP, Frid.

As for the article, things can only go downhill from there. That sounds like a really neat book, though. I may have to check it out sometime.
NightfallDuet
Captain Talavar

sad Sorry to hear that. I only heard yesterday that d**k Clark died. As for Frid, at least he got his chance to be in the Dark Shadows movie. smile RIP, Frid.

As for the article, things can only go downhill from there. That sounds like a really neat book, though. I may have to check it out sometime.

Curiously enough, 45 years ago, on the same day he died, he first appeared as Barnabas. He was looking forward to seeing the new film. I hope they dedicate the film to him.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Captain Talavar
NightfallDuet
Captain Talavar

Curiously enough, 45 years ago, on the same day he died, he first appeared as Barnabas. He was looking forward to seeing the new film. I hope they dedicate the film to him.

I'm sure they will. You know, when I first saw the picture of Frid, he looked older than 87. :/
I wish to learn more about Johnathan Frid. sad

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Javier Cross
I wish to learn more about Johnathan Frid. sad

Here's the Wiki-ed version of him. The only main thing I know about him is that he was in Dark Shadows and he's in the new movie called Dark Shadows as well.

7,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
This is going to sound like a funny question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways: Do you think Twilight, in any way, is Gothic?

There is a reason for this--I swear--but I just want ya'll's opinion.

7,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
NightfallDuet
This is going to sound like a funny question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways: Do you think Twilight, in any way, is Gothic?

...HELL NO.

Not being rude, but no. Gothic literature literally means like ultra-dramatic with a dark, mysterious atmosphere. It could be Gothic due to the fact that it shows women in distress and how they're being ruled by a tyrannical man.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Makoto Tsuru
NightfallDuet

...HELL NO.

Not being rude, but no. Gothic literature literally means like ultra-dramatic with a dark, mysterious atmosphere. It could be Gothic due to the fact that it shows women in distress and how they're being ruled by a tyrannical man.

According to Scary Moms of the Black Lagoon Twi-moms, they think the series does have some aspects of the Gothic Literature, and the OP suggests in her long, long post about some of the elements--and the comparison to the series--that makes Twilight so...scary.

In a way, Twilight is scary. Breaking Dawn, people, BREAKING ******** DAWN!

Someone actually suggested that the Meadow Scene (yeah that one) had a "dark" theme in it. .......Wow. Just Wow. *continues to read, but is frighten of their...words*

7,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
NightfallDuet
Makoto Tsuru
NightfallDuet

...HELL NO.

According to Scary Moms of the Black Lagoon Twi-moms, they think the series does have some aspects of the Gothic Literature, and the OP suggests in her long, long post about some of the elements--and the comparison to the series--that makes Twilight so...scary.

In a way, Twilight is scary. Breaking Dawn, people, BREAKING ******** DAWN!

Someone actually suggested that the Meadow Scene (yeah that one) had a "dark" theme in it. .......Wow. Just Wow. *continues to read, but is frighten of their...words*

If these are scary moments, then I must be doing something wrong. Seriously, these women must have skipped the day when they were going over Goth lit in English because these "moments' don't qualify as Gothic elements.

4,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
I've actually lived quite happily without seeing the movies or reading the books at all 3nodding just saying...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff