Total Votes:[ 350 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 53 54 55 > >>

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Javier Cross
So where do we begin on how to determine whether or not Kristen cast can save herself, or something like that?
I skimmed another book by P.C. Cast on a recommendation from a girl in a writers forum I'm on. It was bad, but it wasn't half as bad as Marked. I am forced to presume that Kristen's influence is what took the books from terrible to what is this, I don't even--.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Reniefuwa
Dandy Highwaymen

I was like, DUDE, YOU'RE LIKE 1/16TH CHEROKEE I DON'T EVEN GIVE A ******** WHAT.

That's not even enough to be acknowledged by the US government for benefits, is it? Or maybe it's right on the edge? Like, any offspring of hers wouldn't be eligible? Idk, either way, it's nothing to brag about, seriously.

The people that talk about that ALL the time are the type of people that basically say "nah nah look what I got and you dont." to give an example.
I think you only 1/16th for a scholar ship, but the deal is...you have to PROVE it. My friend tells me she has the same amount and every time she does I tell her to prove it and go to the government. she doesn't. Even if she says she can. The deal is if you can PROVE that you are 'this' then you can get benefits. So kinda like how you have to get a drivers license to drive.
As a matter of fact i might be a fourth of something, god only knows though because my grandpa never knew whom is father is. His mother and his Aunt took it to their graves. We have hired a cheep Private Dective he could only tell us the likely candidates for his father. We figure that he was either married or something that she was ashamed of being with.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Dandy Highwaymen
DelicateMisery
Dandy Highwaymen
DelicateMisery
@Dandy: Wasn't there a part in the book where she was dreaming that her grandmother was trying to explain to her about the transformation? confused

My memory is a bit fuzzy since it's been awhile that I've read it. :/

Yes. I think that's when they said "OH THE REDBIRDS BE HAVING A STRONG RELATIONSHIP WITH DA MAGIKS." or something. IDK. It didn't strike me as being too relevant or having any importance, besides it being the part when Nyx chose her to be super special for no reason.

Nyx chose wrong. Horribly wrong but the series is all about Little Miss Redbird and there's nothing we can do about it. *shakes head*

Zoey is just a self insert for the Casts, after all.
Or at least that's how it seems to me.

I think she's more of the self-centered of the daughter, not the mother. The mom seems genuinely nice and is pretty well a well-respected author. As for her daughter, she really sounds like a total brat and is just starting out in this business with her mom just for the fame and s**t.

A statue in her honor? GIVE ME A ******** BREAK! YOU WROTE A BOOK SERIES WITH YOUR MOM AND THAT'S A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR YOU?! BS! /facepalm

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
DelicateMisery
Dandy Highwaymen
DelicateMisery
Dandy Highwaymen
DelicateMisery
@Dandy: Wasn't there a part in the book where she was dreaming that her grandmother was trying to explain to her about the transformation? confused

My memory is a bit fuzzy since it's been awhile that I've read it. :/

Yes. I think that's when they said "OH THE REDBIRDS BE HAVING A STRONG RELATIONSHIP WITH DA MAGIKS." or something. IDK. It didn't strike me as being too relevant or having any importance, besides it being the part when Nyx chose her to be super special for no reason.

Nyx chose wrong. Horribly wrong but the series is all about Little Miss Redbird and there's nothing we can do about it. *shakes head*

Zoey is just a self insert for the Casts, after all.
Or at least that's how it seems to me.

I think she's more of the self-centered of the daughter, not the mother. The mom seems genuinely nice and is pretty well a well-respected author. As for her daughter, she really sounds like a total brat and is just starting out in this business with her mom just for the fame and s**t.

A statue in her honor? GIVE ME A ******** BREAK! YOU WROTE A BOOK SERIES WITH YOUR MOM AND THAT'S A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR YOU?! BS! /facepalm

And not even a good book series, at that.
Oh well.

Maybe this could have been decent had P.C. worked alone instead of with Kristen. I mean, there wouldn't have been all this trite, cheesy, 'teen talk' and the need for unneeded sex wouldn't be there. Or so I presume.
Dandy Highwaymen
Oh well.

Maybe this could have been decent had P.C. worked alone instead of with Kristen. I mean, there wouldn't have been all this trite, cheesy, 'teen talk' and the need for unneeded sex wouldn't be there. Or so I presume.

P.C. writes contemporary romance for adults...so the sex, I think, would be present in her solo work.

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Aachren
Dandy Highwaymen
Oh well.

P.C. writes contemporary romance for adults...so the sex, I think, would be present in her solo work.

But, at least if it's for adults, there wouldn't be that whole "OMG SECRET SECKS IS SO C00L" thing going on.

Or at least I hope not.

I don't read a lot of romance, so I wouldn't know. sweatdrop
Dandy Highwaymen
But, at least if it's for adults, there wouldn't be that whole "OMG SECRET SECKS IS SO C00L" thing going on.

Or at least I hope not.

I've never read any of her solo stuff, but I imagine if she has the sex in her YA...

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
â–ƒ â–ƒ â–ƒ â–ƒ â–ƒ â–ƒ â–ƒ
My thoughts when reading the books:
Marked: "A little weird, but it seems promising."
Betrayed: "Pretty cool."
Chosen: "What happened? That was just about Zoey being a slut!"
Untamed: "Zzzzz..."
Hunted: "The first half took forever to get through!"
Tempted: "Maybe it's starting to get good again...Oh, wait, never mind."
Burned: "Burn me. Now."

I'm not sure if I want to read Awakened or not. Part of me is curious, and it'd be a good laugh, but I can't afford to get stupider. The series seems to be some not-so-clever way to bash Christianity and butcher mythology.

deviantArt.Collab Comic
Aachren
Dandy Highwaymen

Or at least I hope not.

I've never read any of her solo stuff, but I imagine if she has the sex in her YA...

Then it will be troubling?
Javier Cross
Aachren
Dandy Highwaymen

Or at least I hope not.

Then it will be troubling?

I just meant that if her YA stuff has sex, then her adult stuff most certainly does.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Aachren
Dandy Highwaymen

Or at least I hope not.

@Dandy: It's not really impressive. It's too....umm, flashy? I guess that could be the right world.

@Aachren: I would assume she might have some sexual action going on in her future YA novels. I hope to God that she doesn't do it again with her daughter.
DelicateMisery
@Aachren: I would assume she might have some sexual action going on in her future YA novels. I hope to God that she doesn't do it again with her daughter.

She's sticking with YA? Yeesh.
Aachren
DelicateMisery

She's sticking with YA? Yeesh.

Let's agree not to address HoN as Y.A, due to all the heavy-duty disgracing going on in it.
So that said, what say you guys and ghouls to a universe fight between HoN and either Warhammer 40K or Super Robot Wars?
Javier Cross
Let's agree not to address HoN as Y.A, due to all the heavy-duty disgracing going on in it.
So that said, what say you guys and ghouls to a universe fight between HoN and either Warhammer 40K or Super Robot Wars?

But I think the publishers have classified it as that!

I don't know what the universe fight is for!
Aachren
Javier Cross

But I think the publishers have classified it as that!

I don't know what the universe fight is for!

Then apparently they are lying through the teeth.

*suspects that there might be a rude tone in the response, goes to restrain it and try to calm down*

Sorry...its just that, i'm still quite anxious on what's going on at Afghanistan, for one thing, for another, i am waiting for a sign of good news.

The Universe fight i meant is supposed to be when two opposing universes go on all-out war to the death against one another, as deemed in factpile.com(which brought us Discworld vs the Potter-world, recently!)
That said, if you all like, i could post a link to the vs fight to show you an example, although i may admit i tried to post a vs fight between the Shin Megami Tensai Persona series against HoN, for one thing(mainly to introduce Persona to the site!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff