Welcome to Gaia! ::

thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie

oh.. all of the 9 books 4laugh though i couldn't recall exactly but still at least even just a bit. blaugh

This is a relief, your help would be badly appreciated more than ever, actually.

what do you need to know anyway? biggrin

Without any spoilers to the True name of Jason's Original Boot Camp, shall we share what we know about New Rome in general within Spoiler Tags, by chance?

Distinct Gaian

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Timid 100
Javier Cross
thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie

oh.. all of the 9 books 4laugh though i couldn't recall exactly but still at least even just a bit. blaugh

This is a relief, your help would be badly appreciated more than ever, actually.

Without any spoilers to the True name of Jason's Original Boot Camp, shall we share what we know about New Rome in general within Spoiler Tags, by chance?

spoiler tags, huh.. i'm really sorry but i'm still a bit noob about this forum-thing gonk you could pm me for some spoilers or something. rofl
thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie

spoiler tags, huh.. i'm really sorry but i'm still a bit noob about this forum-thing gonk you could pm me for some spoilers or something. rofl

How about I give you an example.

[spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler]

spoiler

Are you following, thus far?
Now you try.

Distinct Gaian

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Timid 100
Javier Cross
thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie

spoiler

Now you try.

trial neutral

thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie

spoiler

Now you try.

trial neutral

error

See, you are getting the hang of it.
Pretty soon, we'll be safe to tag any spoilers before we resume discussion. ^_^

Distinct Gaian

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Timid 100
Javier Cross
thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie

spoiler

Now you try.

trial neutral

error

See, you are getting the hang of it.
Pretty soon, we'll be safe to tag any spoilers before we resume discussion. ^_^

thanks biggrin so what would like to ask anyway? (i'll remember that spoiler tag)
thricsie

thanks biggrin so what would like to ask anyway? (i'll remember that spoiler tag)

Shall we begin discussions in regards to New Rome in general, fire the spoiler tags away?

Distinct Gaian

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Timid 100
Javier Cross
thricsie

Shall we begin discussions in regards to New Rome in general, fire the spoiler tags away?

oh wait, you've already read the house of hades, right? haven't you? confused
thricsie
Javier Cross
thricsie

oh wait, you've already read the house of hades, right? haven't you? confused

Ask yourself this:
Would I be in this thread if I haven't read the novel itself?

Distinct Gaian

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Timid 100
i thought u already had and u just need some further infos, etc. no need to be mad though redface

there are greek and roman gods right? but in the book, it happens to be that even if they are 2 different gods, they are actually just one. such as the greeks have ares for the god of war while the romans have mars. they also look different and they had different attitudes too but they are actually just one person. this gave the gods a "split-personality" problem that made them unable to help the 7 demigods for their quest. but were still able to help a bit. the greeks and romans were said to have too much hatred for eachother because of what happened long time ago when the greek's enormous statue of athena was stolen and hidden by the romans, this caused an argument between them. but in the book of hades, annabeth was able to recover the statue. (athena told her that the conflict of the greeks and romans would be resolved if the statue would be returned to the greeks, particularly in the camp half-blood.) but since annabeth and percy fell into the tartarus, the camp leader of the camp jupiter (which is the roman-version of the greeks' camp half-blood) was the one who decided to return the statue to the camp halfblood. by the way, that's why the camp jupiter and halfblood need to be with each other because gaea is about to wake up and she's said to be planning to destroy the world, etc. and also, reyna, the one who is bringing the statue back to the greeks is still on her way in the book of House of Hades.
thricsie
i thought u already had and u just need some further infos, etc. no need to be mad though redface

there are greek and roman gods right? but in the book, it happens to be that even if they are 2 different gods, they are actually just one. such as the greeks have ares for the god of war while the romans have mars. they also look different and they had different attitudes too but they are actually just one person. this gave the gods a "split-personality" problem that made them unable to help the 7 demigods for their quest. but were still able to help a bit. the greeks and romans were said to have too much hatred for each other because of what happened long time ago when the greek's enormous statue of athena was stolen and hidden by the romans, this caused an argument between them. but in the book of hades, annabeth was able to recover the statue. (athena told her that the conflict of the greeks and romans would be resolved if the statue would be returned to the greeks, particularly in the camp half-blood.) but since annabeth and percy fell into tartarus, the camp leader of the camp jupiter (which is the roman-version of the greeks' camp half-blood) was the one who decided to return the statue to the camp halfblood. by the way, that's why the camp jupiter and half-blood need to be with each other because gaea is about to wake up and she's said to be planning to destroy the world, etc. and also, reyna, the one who is bringing the statue back to the greeks is still on her way in the book of House of Hades.

That is not at all the only reason for why we're stuck in this case of bloody lunacy at work, either.

A lot of it dates back before all that happened, what was listed in the tag was just the tip of the un-fathomable Iceberg, really.

A lot of it dates back to the Trojan War which led to the Trojan Survivors ancestoring a lot of the Modern Western Europeans as we know them, even then a lot of it stems from the fact the Immortals are Honor-bound to stick to their promises even without River Styx Oaths factored in the fray.
It should be known that while Aeneas of Troy was what we'd know as 'A Super-Prototype' for the half-mortal children of Zeus's Aunt Aphy in a lot of respects that matter, it's also a must-note that despite not being of the breed that New Rome's residents consist of that he was a Prototype to the New Romans' Breed in a lot of other respects.
In short, he was the Bridge, the link between them more than anything.

Its also worth noting that he was said to be a Legacy being of Zeus's Ichor Lines through Dardanus, said to be a Half-mortal child of Zeus himself.
That's neither Here nor there however.

It would be false to say that the Statue being removed and when the Original Romans went
after Greece at one of its weakest states was the only reason, there were a lot more reasons than just that.

Bringing back the Statue however is intended to be a start to help sorting out the long needlessly bloody gap that was in place from the past, because as a general question:
Why should the Descendants suffer and pay gravely for the mistakes their Ancestors, Precursors or Predecessors have done, exactly!?

Coming from a guy who actually sympathizes with the New Romans and will always be dismayed how the Original Romans lost their Humanity which was a drive for their fall, this is saying a Tartarus of a lot of things.
That is without talk of a possible Truce, which we'll expand upon later.

All I will say is that Its suspected that Octavian has Betrayed all of Olympus and the rest of Humanity, and make no mistake that while I am never one to encourage this that if it turns out that Drew of the Aphy cabin is anywhere at Octavian's ballpark of Treachery, that
Exceptions must be made and may she be the first to die a horrific death with next to no dignity.
I actually hold no personal issues with Aphy herself, hence why if anyone winds up becoming an exception in terms of who to save and who to either kill or let die, Drew will not warrant any saving whatsoever because odds are good she has it coming and deserves to die horribly.
Or does anyone want to see me crack a Twisted Smile that shows joy in doing horrible things or allowing them to happen? twisted
Octavian is bad enough as he is with encouraging a contemplation to assassinate him, you know.

Is it bad enough to admit I suspect that his Father went to re-cycle one of the bloodlines of his children and Octavian was one of the results?
For the sake of not wanting to hazard a Power Vacuum for anyone who studies basic Politics and Territorial regards from removing a Major Power, I will admit that
Octavian's introduction in Son of Neptune basically presents what amounts to someone's
own Personal Journey from Sworn Defender of the People, to little more than a Terrorist who's betrayed his Father, and even worse is now out to kill us all.

Yes the link is from TV Tropes, yet it makes so much sense when one thinks about it.
kiryuin
just looking for fellow readers uvu

especially to talk about house of hades... ;_;

ooh I'm a fellow reader! lol emotion_yatta leo is freakin awesome emotion_awesome he's so funny all the time. I like Reyna and Rachel even though they're not part of the Seven they play a big role in the books. House of Hades was incredible. For the sake of those who havent read it yet, I wont talk further about the book. I can't wait for Blood of Olympus!!!
MeijiChoco
kiryuin
just looking for fellow readers uvu

especially to talk about house of hades... ;_;

ooh I'm a fellow reader! lol emotion_yatta leo is freakin awesome emotion_awesome he's so funny all the time. I like Reyna and Rachel even though they're not part of the Seven they play a big role in the books. House of Hades was incredible. For the sake of those who havent read it yet, I wont talk further about the book. I can't wait for Blood of Olympus!!!

Nice to hear you went to revitalized discussions, I forgot that thread was here.

Hygienic Genius

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
Hello, another fan here! I am excited for Blood of Olympus, but at the same time really sad, given that it is the LAST BOOK you know?
Phantom Kaboodle
Hello, another fan here! I am excited for Blood of Olympus, but at the same time really sad, given that it is the LAST BOOK you know?

Have you ever role-played before?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces