Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Conversationalist

As all of you know, it is based upon a BDSM relationship between Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, but my curious mind can't help but wonder. How many of you have been within a BDSM relationship. I have quite a few times, although I am limiting myself now seeing as how life has become a roller coaster of events I cannot focus. A shame really.

Anywho, what were your thoughts of the book. I was skeptical because I took my role within the BDSM lifestyle quite seriously. So, hearing of the book series made me cringe for fear it would ruin the name of a marvelous lifestyle.

So far, it has proven itself . . worthy. Give or take a few personal changes within my own. But I am very pleased with it overall. And I am only over halfway through the first book. ( I had to force myself to read it. . . I was making it too easy to procrastinate opening the darn thing until finally I gave it a shot.)

Zphal's Wife

Shy Conversationalist

50 Shades of Grey is not based on a REAL BDSM relationship. A true BDSM relationship is all about communication and trust between both members of the relationship. 50 Shades of Grey is all about Christian Grey controlling Anastasia or whatever is name is. It gives a bad name to the BDSM community and basically glorifies abuse.

I never said if was entirely true.

I have served within several. All relationships are different, so there isn't a TRUE form of BDSM. Just mere similarities. Christian wasn't abusive really. There were rules to follow. The rules were broken. Thus punishment was ensued. Anastasia took it upon herself to see just how bad it could get. Christian stated countless times she should keep her distance from him as well as reminding little ms. Steele of the safety words. Those words are highly important. She said neither. Abuse would be relentless, with no shame. The lifestyle, is hard or it can be easy. As I said each Dom is different as any sub is too. There are many forms. Such as littles, sissies, slaves, pets, so on and so forth rather than just a plain submissive. The lifestyle is very vast with endless possibilities of how it is portrayed.

People whom have personal experience come to understand it mostly. I have had many Doms who were strict. or Doms who were highly affectionate. It's a lifestyle. And everyone who chooses is always forwarned as well as they have the right to leave whatever the reason may be.

I personally find it rather beautiful. It is based upon trust.
Ana annoyed me because she never spoke her mind unless she was drunk or emailing Christian. That is a big no no, and simply shows she didn't fully trust him. Therefore should've ended it from the get go.

In all honesty. It's hard to explain. Christian would always come off as an abusive p***k head billionaire and little miss innocent ana. I see it as 50/50. Christan should've sent her in for training, to enlighten her more. Easily upon the lifestyle rather than being greedy and taking it upon himself. And if Ana was always so doubtful she should've left.
Mama Ame

Fluffy Allegiant

8,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
I got as far a chapter 9 before I got annoyed. I always hated weak female leads with no personality.
Mama Ame
50 Shades of Grey is not based on a REAL BDSM relationship. A true BDSM relationship is all about communication and trust between both members of the relationship. 50 Shades of Grey is all about Christian Grey controlling Anastasia or whatever is name is. It gives a bad name to the BDSM community and basically glorifies abuse.

^This times a hundred^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces