Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Song Of The Lioness Quartet smile

we all need a little mid evil rebellion with a dash of magic and a hand full of romance
The Key To Ronda 3nodding

Wheezing Smoker

13,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
LADY GAlAGAlA
House of Leaves, Raw Shark Texts and The Town that Forgot How to Breath would all make excellent movies. The first two would be very difficult, especially House of Leaves because it's two stories you read at the same time, but I think it's time for someone to tackle that famous book.
House of leaves is one of the greatest literary works ever accomplished in my opinion, and to see it made into a movie would be a nice change of pace in cinema...but they would screw it up. They can't even get preteen sagas right...there is NO WAY anyone would do House of Leaves justice. And let's face it, people would riot in the streets if they screwed up something as crucial as House of Leaves. XD But, who knows. Cinema has butchered countless books...GREAT books...with only a small community actually going up in arms about it. Take the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, for example. :/

Honestly, I'd be fine with the movie makers writing their own stuff, and leaving the books to us readers. I tire of trying to have "book talk" with someone who claims to know about a book and come to find they have only see the movie! XD
The books Twelve, Thirteen and Thirteen plus One....their kinda weird but their really funny...xD

Sparkly Vampire

4,850 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
thay need to make a new frankenstein a scary on and magician and his nephew but fat chance of that xp oh well gonk

Frozen Bilge rat

13,725 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Lilytoocute
thay need to make a new frankenstein a scary on and magician and his nephew but fat chance of that xp oh well gonk

A new Frankenstein would be good...the 1994 one with DeNiro as the monster was weird but not scary.

Heh, yeah, I can see a cartoon version of The Magician and His Nephew. And speaking of the Inklings, maybe some of Charles Williams (a friend of CS Lewis) lurid works would make for good PBS movies. lol.
I like to keep my books at just that. BOOKS. Every book turned movie gets slaughtered.
none cause there NEVER as good as the book

Beloved Noob

(┌・。・)┌
[ They should make Never After a movie. It's really a good book 3nodding
User Image
]

2,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
I agree that the Pendragon series would make a good film series as well. it was a very well written and detailed series.Never finished it completely though.

Beloved Nerd

...Aurora Dream...
Heh, I was going to say The Giver by Lois Lowry, but apparently they're already planning it. According to imdb, it's slated for 2013. I just hope it's done well.

My boyfriend LOVES that book...He would enjoy this info razz Hope the movie is good though.

Hmm, I would LOVE the Tales of Otori series to become a movie ; A;
It was being planned to become a movie but not sure what happened...
Forgotten Realms Saga

Desirable Shapeshifter

Maximum Ride! talk2hand whee
Incarceron and Sapphique.!

Fashionable Kitten

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
These are lesser known but amazing books: Heist Society, and The Twin's Daughter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff