Welcome to Gaia! ::

I did not go to either prom. First off, people were smart enough not to ask me, and secondarily I was just one of those "antisocial" kids.
My sister did go, in her Senior year. Apparently the prom-party started the night before, with everyone staying at our house and my mother making the corsages by hand all night. It kindof got me in the mood to go, but hell by then I didn't even have a ticket nor anything to wear.
So screw that.
As the group leaves the next day to go to their hotel room, we breathe a sigh of relief and... oh... oh they left all the corsages. So we have to drive down a good 40 minutes after them to deliver it just as prom was beginning.
(This made me regret not going, because it was quite a beautiful building. I'd have fun just staring at the walls then.)

I was not known for being a dressed up person, but in some hippie-inspiration stroke I had dressed in a random tank top and very light, long, linen-y flowered skirt. Like, the one you'd wear to a beach.
And I think a hat.
But no makeup or anything. Hippie-inspiration, again.

I'm sitting around waiting for my mother to find my sister and deliver the flowers when I'd see people walk by dressed in their best.. you know, sequins, sparkles, satin, you name it. Everyone looked really sharp, good for them. A lot of students were finding reasons to come say hello to me just sitting there, but they would sortof look at my clothes in horror... as if to think, what an eccentric girl, wearing beach clothes and flip flops. Though I explained I wasn't here to stay, just drop something off, it seemed to make them all the more awkward about it.

Any time I think of prom, that's the only thing that comes to mind. People looking at me disconcerted, trying to find a nice compliment in their heads, or maybe explain that the premise of the dance was to look FORMAL.

7,375 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Expert Skill 150
Wow. That is a pretty intresting memory. I think it would be cool seeing a 'hippie' at prom though. I personally would have done it myself if not for the stress put on me. My proms though, were small and unusual. Kind of odd actually.
naw, I think that's awesome! I mean if you're going to go all out and have a big one of a kind night, you might as well dress original, right? or maybe that's just the way my mind thinks, hmmm
his guy came to our prom dressed in jeans and a shirt. (It was a dress shirt with buttons though) and the teachers got so mad at him! he was like,``What, this is my prom, i will dress however I want to!!
CuteTpie
his guy came to our prom dressed in jeans and a shirt. (It was a dress shirt with buttons though) and the teachers got so mad at him! he was like,``What, this is my prom, i will dress however I want to!!

well good for him! honestly I don't see what all the big deal is...clothing nazi's lol
I didn't go to my prom either, but they did have a dress code. They didn't let anyone in, even with a ticket, if they weren't dressed up.
cant blame u i wore emo stuff mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces