Welcome to Gaia! ::

So my cheap high school decided we'd have "Hollywood" as a theme, which is basically like not having a theme.

The same smart guys thought it would be cool to have an arch for us graduating seniors to walk under, with some kind of inflatable video camera on each side (or something; I wasn't paying attention).

Someone bumps into it, and one of the video camera things and the post it's sitting on come crashing down on to one of the teachers...

and my English teacher takes out her camera phone and snaps a picture.

Ah, high school. dramallama

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
What happened in my case was everyone on the prom committe was also in honors english, and they came up with what I think is the best prom theme I've ever heard of: A Midsummer Night's Dream. The hall was decorated with glitter and fake leaves, and quotes from the play written in silver ink on black paper.

So we got to sit around and listen to everyone who wasn't in honors english b***h about how "ghey" the prom theme was. neutral I was really into it, though. I had this fluffy lavender dress, and I had my sister paint fairy wings on my back and put lilacs in my hair.
Oh yes, and I entered the prom under the pydsonym "Lady Cobweb", and the teacher had to introduce me as such.
JaelValentine
So my cheap high school decided we'd have "Hollywood" as a theme, which is basically like not having a theme.

The same smart guys thought it would be cool to have an arch for us graduating seniors to walk under, with some kind of inflatable video camera on each side (or something; I wasn't paying attention).

Someone bumps into it, and one of the video camera things and the post it's sitting on come crashing down on to one of the teachers...

and my English teacher takes out her camera phone and snaps a picture.

Ah, high school. dramallama

Ouch. Hope it didn't need too many stitches. xd Was your teach showing off this Kodiak moment next morning at school?

Maplecakes's Husband

My school had a crapped out 'Around the World' theme. :/ While my best frieeeenndsss awesome school had a Masquerade. >___< Something I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO. ;O;

I wish I went to her school though... ._.;; Her Senior class got to go to Disneyland for their grad night. We get to stay here and go to the fair grounds. We don't get a trip anymore because some retards ******** it up a few years ago. DDDDD': Nrfs.
My prom's theme was "What a Wonderful Night" or "A Night to Remember"...something like that. They had these pretty-looking clear candles with moons and stars on them. ^_^ I took two of them home. (I had more, but my best friend broke them. xd ) It was actually kinda nice, but the music sucked horribly. I went with an ex-boyfriend that was a guy friend, and only danced with him once or twice. (It was awkward, on my part.) Other than the migraine and sucky after-Prom, it was a pretty good night.
my senior prom was the best i ever went to. the theme was something like "a night in paris" and what they had done was they rented this building that had a dance floor over the water and huge glass panes in the wall so that as the sun set, we could watch it go down and see the reflections of the moon and stars on the water. we had an arch to pass through that was lattice entwined with roses and the dj was pretty nice. all in all definately one of the better ideas my school had.
I think it's hilarious how most high schools use themes like "A night in (random country far far away from yours)" like mine did. Un Notte en Venezia! It was so beautiful though! We got to have it in the Sheraton hotel in Downtown LA. I also went to another at the Hilton! I loved the proms my high school had. I also went to a few of the GBLT proms that were hosted at the Sheraton. Sooo much fun! My mommy made my dress for me and it was so pretty and floofy! You can see it on my myspace! But she purposely made it two sizes too small for me to make me lose weight. I lost 18 pounds in the two weeks before prom... sweatdrop

www.myspace.com/devynemisery

It's in my album labeled "mis amigos". It's the big floofy red thing whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas