Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sunilu's Prince

Bachelorette

I believe in not giving power to a name. I use it all them time when I address my family members, even my pets.
If you feel the need to say it, by all means do. Just know that not everyone will take it so lightly. You may get your a** kicked...

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Of all the offensive words in our language I do find it interesting that this word has been reduced to a single letter. N
Why can't it be that way with all offensive words?

Anyway... I certainly won't use it.
I also find it very uncomfortable when I hear black people on TV calling each other ... the "N" word.

That word is as offensive as the word homophobe.

Questionable Borg

I've never liked it.

Questionable Borg

stormylane
Of all the offensive words in our language I do find it interesting that this word has been reduced to a single letter. N

I also find it very uncomfortable when I hear black people on TV calling each other ... the "N" word.

While I am not a homophobe, I don't find it offensive.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Mayor Gravity
stormylane

I'm not one either, but I find it highly offensive.

Questionable Borg

stormylane
Mayor Gravity
stormylane

How come?

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Mayor Gravity
stormylane
Mayor Gravity
stormylane

How come?

Because it's used as an insult toward anyone who doesn't follow the liberal school of thought about homosexuality.
if ppl no ur nt racist we dnt really care but if we dnt som ppl take it out of hand

Questionable Borg

stormylane
Mayor Gravity
stormylane
Mayor Gravity
stormylane

How come?

Because it's used as an insult toward anyone who doesn't follow the liberal school of thought about homosexuality.
What would the liberal thought be?

Quotable Genius

Any word can be insulting, it depends on the user really.

As for my preference, I was raised not to say it, so I usually don't. I care about this as much as I care about not saying "astronomical" on a regular basis; just not my style of speech.

Dangerous Visionary

Its a tacky word for tacky people.

Hoarder

A ****** and a black person are two different things. ****** of course means ignorant etc etc, in the dictionary, but in my opinion a ****** to me is the lady that has spinners on her tricked out car, but is upset that she can't buy cigarettes with her food stamps. I'm not racist, i just don't like the trash of all colors razz
However i feel if they use it, they shouldn't be upset when someone else uses it. That'd be like me getting upset for a black person calling me "dude" (the way they're using it)... i don't take too much offense to cracker, but it's not like i'm saying "What's up my cracka"
Words are words
a**
b***h
c**t
dyke
they are just words
Me and my boyfriend call each other niggers all the time because we know that a word holds no meaning without context. Neither of us are black, so if we say it, it's to be silly.

Just to clarify, yes, we are devaluing the original meaning of the word because we don't see a reason to give its original meaning esteem. I think that making racial slurs into silly jokes between us has nullified the impact that these words might have had when they were first conceived. I don't expect everyone to share our sense of humor though and it mainly stays between us and friends.
I find it offensive. The 2nd one I also agree with you. Just imagine being the only black(mixed) kid in a class when your reading Huck Finn book. My teacher just said the n-word for no apparent reason thinking oh i saw all your guys faces thinking oh I just said the n-word. Well the n-word is also in music symbolizing different things. They want to hold on to it and keep it their own.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff