Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Fairy

Xiaon
By Lantern Light
Whilst i would NEVER support a ban or censorship of the word or it variations, because banning words is probably among the most dangerous notions humans can concieve of. I do not use it outside of educational purposes simply because it is a word I consider it unsuitable to the vocabulary of a lady or gentleman.

I agree, mostly. I don't support censorship either. I think people should be allowed to do as they please as long as they don't hurt anyone else. . . but I do put limits on "hurt anyone else". By hurt, I mean harm. I couldn't care less about other peoples feels unless I care about that person to begin with. My friends and I call each other niggers. We're white. The word has absolutely no meaning as far as we're concerned. We don't hate black people and I think I speak for all of us when I say we do believe everyone is equal, regardless of race, gender, sexual preference. . . maybe not religion, that depends on certain stances on certain things. . . But if I want to call my friend a n****r some someone else wants to get offended, they can kick rocks. I'm not going to censor who I am for the convenience of someone else.

I think the only difference we have on the matter is that you use the word and I don't. smile

Gracious Phantom

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
ipsychotic_love_affair2
Moon-Shadow30
It's just a word like any other. It wasn't even originally an offensive term, it just meant black.

Sticks and stones, if someone calls you a something bad it doesn't make it so. Instead of reacting to it, people should just walk away. Then it will lose it's sway.

Actually I'd have to disagree with you. The term never meant black, it was just used AGAINST them in the slave days. The LEGAL meaning of that word, is "a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc." or "a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised."

That's why it's so socially unacceptable nowadays. The word never used to be as offensive before slave days, but now seeing as our ancestors overused that word on one single race, it's a word that should never leave ANYONE'S mouth. But quite frankly in my opinion that word has absolutely no meaning anymore. s**t's in the past now... don't want to come off as a racist that's just how I see it. If the human race keeps living in the past (not just on this matter either), or worrying about who is racist and who is judgmental... blah blah blah... we will never move on and build up for a better future.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree about the original meaning of the word but I completely agree with your opinion. The past is gone, roll on the future.

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Bashelia Peppita
What do you think about the N-word? Do you think there's a difference between '******' and '*****'? For me, the first one is an insult, and the second one is a cultural word that some black people use for themselves.

Most people now use both as slang people call eachother. The first one should be an insult, it means dirt and I hate it.
ER and A endings make no difference. There's millions of people in the country who never pronounce ER at the end of any word. You can tell when you hear it being used what the person means. Its all about inflection. Dog the Bounty Hunter's excuse was total b/s.

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
T4NGO
Bashelia Peppita
What do you think about the N-word? Do you think there's a difference between '******' and '*****'? For me, the first one is an insult, and the second one is a cultural word that some black people use for themselves.

I think those that are black in all means of the word should be the only ones allowed to use that word. Otherwise it would also be socially acceptable for white people to call black people negroes or apes.
Black, being FROM AFRICA. If your ancestors are from Africa, call THEM ***** but if you're from USA you shouldn't be allowed to call yourself one.

Saying one race should be the only ones allowed to say a certain word is...different and wrong.

I believe that If you allow yourself to be called a insulting name that your are already allowing everyone to call you that. I believe calling black americans apes is stupid. Negro is a term meaning black, but I dont think it should be ok to refer to anyone by the color of their skin. I have friends that are gay and think its only ok for them to call eachother fags. I hate the word f**.

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
iLozerCake
Project Terror
.. This room already made me sick..
.. "I never say it, though. A lot of people find it offensive. "
But yet.. iLozercake.. You just said it?! Weather it be typed or vocalized, you still used it. It shouldn't matter if you're full, half, a third, a fourth, or none at all, no one should use the full "N" word.. I even get mad when people of another race just say "nigg*" .. It's still a put down word in my mind, seeing how blacks, and African Americans get upset when called "colored" yet.. it's okay to call your sisters and your brothers using "nigg*". I don't know if people have lost touch with Definitions... But this Nation is just sad... Once blacks in the 60's- 70's and even in the 80's.. (I know there were a lot of racism in those time periods that was still going on) found ways to get passed racism and culturalized** themselves to rise above, and leave behind oppression, to find ways to make themselves great. Like music.. I love 70's music! Like Kool and the Gang, to Earth Wind and Fire.
They also had the Black Panthers-> To protect neighborhoods from gangs, and police ...Now it seems, that troubled black youth is all I see in the media.. It's heart breaking to know that these people's ideas of protecting youth are now gone.
^[I could go on and on.. but I deiced to stop there, because I was tempted to wonder off topic]

And no.. Moon-Shadow.. You need to open a history book, or since you being on the internet, makes me believe that you should know how to use "Google".. should G.O.O.G.L.E
The meaning of the "N" word.. It's just not a Word. It "IS" "originally an offensive term".. But since you're pretty ignorant. I'll just give you the definition.. : offensive. A contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person. <- It was used to put down, and offend slaves.

**to expose or subject to the influence of culture

And as to Black History Month..
I think it's down right racist.. I'm not full black.. In fact [I'm white, korean, and black]
But I still find deep offense to "BHM"
To me.. it makes me feel subjugated***.
***Bring under domination or control, esp. by conquest.
It makes me feel like I'm being suppressed, by having not a day.. but a MONTH of recognition..
It feels like people.. Are trying to make up for slavery, no rights, racial segregation, and the assassination of Martin Luther Jr. But those are just my thoughts and opinions... emotion_eyebrow

Cool story, bro.
Then, I'll say it out in the open and spare people's feelings.
Satisfied? (:

PS. I'm offended by your spelling and grammar. (it's whether, not weather, unless you seem something in the sky.)

She only spelled one, MAYBE two words wrong...lol
Many people don't take the word as offensive as they used to back in the days.

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
It's a word. People should be more worried about more important things instead of a damn insult or cultural term, or whatever the hell you want to call it.
Not to be a a** I call my white friends the n-word
It dosnt hurt thim cause they know I only say that when they act ignorant hinss the words meaning exp you is a white a** n***a Σ(・□・;)) but yea!! Just a word and blacks dont like it just like how whites dont like the H-word surprised !
Oh I find it funny when whites use it cause when they say it they sound all nerdy and lame like thats all they got XD

3,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
every one at school that is black calls other people the n word im mixed and i just say stare why are you calling me this when your prety much one to

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
giggleboxforevabby
T4NGO
Bashelia Peppita

I think those that are black in all means of the word should be the only ones allowed to use that word. Otherwise it would also be socially acceptable for white people to call black people negroes or apes.
Black, being FROM AFRICA. If your ancestors are from Africa, call THEM ***** but if you're from USA you shouldn't be allowed to call yourself one.

Saying one race should be the only ones allowed to say a certain word is...different and wrong.

I believe that If you allow yourself to be called a insulting name that your are already allowing everyone to call you that. I believe calling black americans apes is stupid. Negro is a term meaning black, but I dont think it should be ok to refer to anyone by the color of their skin. I have friends that are gay and think its only ok for them to call eachother fags. I hate the word f**.

That means cigarette, you know. lol

I know what Negro means but it's not just wrong as in insulting, it's wrong by color too... African Americans and Africans are brown. There are those who come close like SEAL and Tyrese, but it's still brown, not black.

Beloved Lover

10,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Bashelia Peppita

Ignorant people use the N-word amongst themselves whether they use 'er' or 'a' its still the same word. It insults the intelligence of another person, a racial slur usually used against blacks meaning 'fool' or for lack of better terms 'retard'.
I'm not condoning usage of the word, however people using it for anything other than an insult are tasteless, without self pride, and are an insult to themselves, their race, and anyone else they may represent.

Beloved Lover

10,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
T4NGO
giggleboxforevabby
I hate the word f**.

And f*****t means firewood...

did you know that homosexuals used to be burned to death at the stake and that's why they had gained the nickname f*****t aka firewood?

just an interesting bit of word history.

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tsuki Hoshiko
T4NGO
giggleboxforevabby
I hate the word f**.

And f*****t means firewood...

did you know that homosexuals used to be burned to death at the stake and that's why they had gained the nickname f*****t aka firewood?

just an interesting bit of word history.

I always thought it just meant pile of sticks, not necessarily for a fire. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces