Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
What do you think about the N-word? Do you think there's a difference between '******' and '*****'? For me, the first one is an insult, and the second one is a cultural word that some black people use for themselves.
I personally just think its a word.
Growing up I always knew it was an insult and very hurtful. My dad had to finally set me down and tell me that Im not a ******, Im black (half). Hopefully someone catches what that means. Dx.

I never say it, though. A lot of people find it offensive.

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
iLozerCake
Growing up I always knew it was an insult and very hurtful. My dad had to finally set me down and tell me that Im not a ******, Im black half). Hopefully someone catches what that means. Dx.

Yeah, but I've actually seen that the people who find it offensive, are white themselves. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Bashelia Peppita
iLozerCake
Growing up I always knew it was an insult and very hurtful. My dad had to finally set me down and tell me that Im not a ******, Im black half). Hopefully someone catches what that means. Dx.

Yeah, but Ive actually seen that the people who find it offensive, are white themselves. Please correct me if Im wrong.

I agree. I meant everyone, I was just targeting black people. I have a friends aunt who finds it highly offensive, and shes white.
iLozerCake

so your dad told you you weren't a ****** because you're only half black? what the ********?
SANll 2
iLozerCake

so your dad told you you weren't a ****** because you're only half black? what the ********]

You totally just missed the point of what I was saying.
He was saying that a ****** is a word, not a color.
So, I hope I answered your ignorant "what the ********?" (:
        Both words are racial slurs and it shames me when we blacks think its okay to call one another the word and then get angry when another race does it.
What annoys me is that blacks think that the word belongs strictly to them and it was the white people who created the word in the first place.
Naughty Little Mischief
What annoys me is that blacks think that the word belongs strictly to them and it was the white people who created the word in the first place.

I seriously hope you're not implying that if anyone at all, Whites should be the only ones throwing the word around. If I could I'd eliminate it completely from the modern English tongue.

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bashelia Peppita
What do you think about the N-word? Do you think there's a difference between '******' and '*****'? For me, the first one is an insult, and the second one is a cultural word that some black people use for themselves.

I think those that are black in all means of the word should be the only ones allowed to use that word. Otherwise it would also be socially acceptable for white people to call black people negroes or apes.
Black, being FROM AFRICA. If your ancestors are from Africa, call THEM ***** but if you're from USA you shouldn't be allowed to call yourself one.
I hate that word. talk2hand

Vicious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
A word you'll never hear a black person say.

Feral Lunatic

I think and so does another black woman I know....youth SHOULD say ******/***** more often! by saying it and hearing it more often it loses its power and meaning over people. But hey....thats just my opinion. Racists SUCK dramallama

Invisible Humorist

...its a racial word from the days where white people had that righteous mindset(WE ARE THE DOMINANT RACE, YOU NIGGERS ARE JUST SECOND CLASS), but that word has no power anymore...

Gracious Phantom

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
It's just a word like any other. It wasn't even originally an offensive term, it just meant black.

Sticks and stones, if someone calls you a something bad it doesn't make it so. Instead of reacting to it, people should just walk away. Then it will lose it's sway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff