Welcome to Gaia! ::

skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon

They don't get attention because the media doesn't shove them up your a** year after year, it's got nothing to do with them not being celebrated. If anything, they aren't celebrated because they aren't on the news or where ever else. People need to know they exist in order to celebrate them.

For example, If you are Hispanic, and don't know when Hispanic Heritage month is, that's STILL your problem.
Black people choose to celebrate it as much as possible.
Haters gonna hate.

If you're Hispanic and don't know when Hispanic Heritage Month is it's probably because you don't know there is one. If it got as much media attention as Black History Month gets, you would know when it is and you would be able to celebrate it. I'm not hating, I'm just being reasonable. Judging by the posts I've seen you making here though, I can tell you're a troll. We're done.

ummm I'm not a troll, just sick of people like you talking garbage about black history month. You sir are the troll.

I'm not talking s**t. I'm stating the simply fact that it is glorified and seems to be held in higher respect than any other history month. It gets more attention, more time on television and even hot topics on websites I like to go on. I've never seen any other history month pinned as a hot topic here and never even knew any other history month existed until I started doing a little digging.

But why come here to trash it? THAT'S whats pissing me off. Why do you want to come here and troll? I'm really tired of having this conversation with people like you but until your ancestors get enslaved and dragged from another country, to only be enslaved longer, have to put up with segregation and be treated like s**t, you won't understand the importance of this month.

Honey, who to say some of his ancestors weren't? I understand that why people feel the need to say that in Black History Month but that isn't want this month is primarily about. Its about the accomplishments those in the Black community now and in the past made through all the struggle of segregation and hate in the United States. The way we showed ourselves that we are not to be ignored and that we have the right to the same freedoms as everyone else. Now we stand with that freedom earned and do the things those people in our past had hoped and fought for us to do. Slavery is brought up to show where we came from and how we started to move ourselves forward not to be thrown in the faces of others like it was done to use personally.

Yes, the enslavement of our ancestors was harsh and cruel but don't hold onto the hate or we'll never push forward like they wanted us to and have the future they rightfully earned for us.
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon

They don't get attention because the media doesn't shove them up your a** year after year, it's got nothing to do with them not being celebrated. If anything, they aren't celebrated because they aren't on the news or where ever else. People need to know they exist in order to celebrate them.

For example, If you are Hispanic, and don't know when Hispanic Heritage month is, that's STILL your problem.
Haters gonna hate.

If you're Hispanic and don't know when Hispanic Heritage Month is it's probably because you don't know there is one. If it got as much media attention as Black History Month gets, you would know when it is and you would be able to celebrate it. I'm not hating, I'm just being reasonable. Judging by the posts I've seen you making here though, I can tell you're a troll. We're done.

ummm I'm not a troll, just sick of people like you talking garbage about black history month. You sir are the troll.

I'm not talking s**t. I'm stating the simply fact that it is glorified and seems to be held in higher respect than any other history month. It gets more attention, more time on television and even hot topics on websites I like to go on. I've never seen any other history month pinned as a hot topic here and never even knew any other history month existed until I started doing a little digging.

But why come here to trash it? THAT'S whats pissing me off. Why do you want to come here and troll? I'm really tired of having this conversation with people like you but until your ancestors get enslaved and dragged from another country, to only be enslaved longer, have to put up with segregation and be treated like s**t, you won't understand the importance of this month.

Why address a problem? I'm not trashing it. I'm calling it out. Why is Black History Month so well known and the others are so unknown by the masses most people don't even know they exist? Why does Black History Month get all the attention and the others are left in the dust? I'm not trolling, I'm addressing an issue, and it is an issue and it does need to be addressed.

My ancestors were enslaved. I can almost guarantee it. I'm sure if you trace anyones ancestors back long enough you'll find a point in time where they were enslaved. Slavery is a global phenomena spread across all races, religions and cultures of the ancient world. Even ******** ants conquer and enslave other any colonies. Your ancestors were enslaved. Whose weren't? What's the difference? Your peoples injustice was the most recent. That's it, in a nut shell, over and done with. I'm not saying it's not wrong, all I'm saying is blacks were not the only group of people who were enslaved. Stop acting like it. It's pathetic.

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
when did they start doing american Indian

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
SailorSanta
Designer Genes
Source?

Use wiki and google. 3nodding

Wikipedia didn't bring up[ a white or caucasian history month.

As for google, it mainly brought up unofficial sources, and blacks bitching about whites asking for a white history month.

Umay Veileen's Husband

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Has anyone asked why the other months aren't celebrated as much?

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
Nice work! I might actually save this thread so I can start celebrating every single one I'm accountable for.

Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Mayor Gravity
History months are iditoic and no longer serve the purpose they were meant to.

That goes double for just about every holiday in general now.

Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon

Haters gonna hate.

For real, for real, it's not even about ancestors getting enslaved and any other thing.
None of us SURELY were not there.
We've not felt ANY of the pain they've felt and even today, we still inflict it on ourselves.
Any "pain" you felt today in this world pales in comparison to even a spec of what they had to deal with.
We need to learn to stop using their pain of the past and using it for hate and start using it to learn.
Such as life is.
Because based on these arguments, if you REALLY want something like this to change, you really should start with the man in the mirror.

Invisible Regular

Designer Genes
SailorSanta
Designer Genes
Source?

As for google, it mainly brought up unofficial sources, and blacks bitching about whites asking for a white history month.

Please learn how to research better:

A list of months

Got it in less than 30 seconds actually if you Wiki BHM and go all the way to the bottom you get the above link.

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
SailorSanta
Designer Genes
SailorSanta
Designer Genes
Source?

Please learn how to research better:

A list of months

Got it in less than 30 seconds actually if you Wiki BHM and go all the way to the bottom you get the above link.

Hey, none of those are white history month, which was kinda the point of this thread.

Please learn how to research better.

Read it in less than 30 seconds actually if you control + f and and type in "white" and go all the way to the bottom you get jack s**t.

Girl-Crazy Marshmallow

If you're really interested in learning when to celebrate whiteness, I suppose Stormfront would have info to that effect.
Not a site I visit, myself, but it seems probable.

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
X sansmerci
If you're really interested in learning when to celebrate whiteness, I suppose Stormfront would have info to that effect.
Not a site I visit, myself, but it seems probable.

I don't promote movements like Stormfront, since they too promote inequality. That, and Black History Month is government funded, where as Stormfront is not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff