Welcome to Gaia! ::

skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
Maybe if all of these months got as much attention as Black History Month people wouldn't be griping so much, don't you think? Maybe if one month wasn't spread across 2-4 different groups it wouldn't be such an issue. Not enough months for all the races? How about a week or too each. Still not enough? Break it down to days.

They don't get attention because people choose not to pay attention to them. If these ethnic groups celebrated their month, then yes they would get some attention. Not our fault. talk2hand

They don't get attention because the media doesn't shove them up your a** year after year, it's got nothing to do with them not being celebrated. If anything, they aren't celebrated because they aren't on the news or where ever else. People need to know they exist in order to celebrate them.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
Maybe if all of these months got as much attention as Black History Month people wouldn't be griping so much, don't you think? Maybe if one month wasn't spread across 2-4 different groups it wouldn't be such an issue. Not enough months for all the races? How about a week or too each. Still not enough? Break it down to days.

They don't get attention because people choose not to pay attention to them. If these ethnic groups celebrated their month, then yes they would get some attention. Not our fault. talk2hand

They don't get attention because the media doesn't shove them up your a** year after year, it's got nothing to do with them not being celebrated. If anything, they aren't celebrated because they aren't on the news or where ever else. People need to know they exist in order to celebrate them.

For example, If you are Hispanic, and don't know when Hispanic Heritage month is, that's STILL your problem.
Black people choose to celebrate it as much as possible.
Haters gonna hate.
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon

For example, If you are Hispanic, and don't know when Hispanic Heritage month is, that's STILL your problem.
Haters gonna hate.

If you're Hispanic and don't know when Hispanic Heritage Month is it's probably because you don't know there is one. If it got as much media attention as Black History Month gets, you would know when it is and you would be able to celebrate it. I'm not hating, I'm just being reasonable. Judging by the posts I've seen you making here though, I can tell you're a troll. We're done.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon

Haters gonna hate.

If you're Hispanic and don't know when Hispanic Heritage Month is it's probably because you don't know there is one. If it got as much media attention as Black History Month gets, you would know when it is and you would be able to celebrate it. I'm not hating, I'm just being reasonable. Judging by the posts I've seen you making here though, I can tell you're a troll. We're done.

ummm I'm not a troll, just sick of people like you talking garbage about black history month. You sir are the troll.
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon

Haters gonna hate.

ummm I'm not a troll, just sick of people like you talking garbage about black history month. You sir are the troll.

I'm not talking s**t. I'm stating the simply fact that it is glorified and seems to be held in higher respect than any other history month. It gets more attention, more time on television and even hot topics on websites I like to go on. I've never seen any other history month pinned as a hot topic here and never even knew any other history month existed until I started doing a little digging.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon
skullcrushergurl
Xiaon

Haters gonna hate.

I'm not talking s**t. I'm stating the simply fact that it is glorified and seems to be held in higher respect than any other history month. It gets more attention, more time on television and even hot topics on websites I like to go on. I've never seen any other history month pinned as a hot topic here and never even knew any other history month existed until I started doing a little digging.

But why come here to trash it? THAT'S whats pissing me off. Why do you want to come here and troll? I'm really tired of having this conversation with people like you but until your ancestors get enslaved and dragged from another country, to only be enslaved longer, have to put up with segregation and be treated like s**t, you won't understand the importance of this month.
Xiaon

I've watched both of your arguments and you both have valid points but I believe her point might be that it seems roughly rude to complain about it in this forum. Yes we all know not all of the others are celebrated as much as Black History Month but instead of complaining about it why not try and make those others (Or the one you want) noticed more?

Also...

There are those who don't celebrate this month just like there are those who don't celebrate Christmas even though it tossed in their faces way before the month of December, people do complain about that but just complaining isn't going to get that Jolly O' Holiday removed or the celebration of it dimmed down just like this month. So all I'm saying is either doing something about the other months instead of complaining or ignore it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff