June:
Caribbean American Heritage Month
White History Month
July:
French-American Heritage Month
August:
None
September:
National Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 to October 15)
National Bourbon Heritage Month
German-American Heritage Month (September 15-October 15)
October:
Black History Month (UK)
Filipino American History Month
Italian-American Heritage Month
November:
National American Indian & Alaska Native Heritage Month
December:
None

Now remember to please look down the line of topics before complaining that there aren't any other months for other people.
Frequently mention topics.

Until your ancestors were enslaved for numerous years you'll never understand!

Honey, who to say some of their ancestors weren't? I understand that why people feel the need to say that in Black History Month but that isn't want this month is primarily about. Its about the accomplishments those in the Black community now and in the past made through all the struggle of segregation and hate in the United States. The way we showed ourselves that we are not to be ignored and that we have the right to the same freedoms as everyone else. Now we stand with that freedom earned and do the things those people in our past had hoped and fought for us to do. Slavery is brought up to show where we came from and how we started to move ourselves forward not to be thrown in the faces of others like it was done to use personally.

Yes, the enslavement of our ancestors was harsh and cruel but don't hold onto the hate or we'll never push forward like they wanted us to and have the future they rightfully earned for us.

Why is Black History Month more celebrated then the other months? Its not fair!

Yes we all know not all of the others are celebrated as much as Black History Month but instead of complaining about it why not try and make those others (Or the one you want) noticed more?

Also...

There are those who don't celebrate this month just like there are those who don't celebrate Christmas even though it tossed in their faces way before the month of December, people do complain about that but just complaining isn't going to get that Jolly O' Holiday removed or the celebration of it dimmed down just like this month. So all I'm saying is either doing something about the other months instead of complaining or ignore it.

I'm not American, so do I have to celebrate this?

No sweetie, Black History Month is a U.S.A celebration aside from the U.K when its celebrated in a later month. Now stating that I don't believe its right for anyone not living within the U.S to complain about it. Yes, Gaia made a private forum for it but its not like the displayed in all over their site and isn't Gaia a U.S company?
neutral

Sunilu's Prince

Bachelorette

People need to look at this, seriously.

Questionable Borg

History months are iditoic and no longer serve the purpose they were meant to.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
LOL i love this. im so tired of ignorant people complaining about black history month

Quotable Genius

Mayor Gravity
Well said. Tip for you
Mayor Gravity

ภєภtคXXღXXXX

I don't believe that their idiotic but I do believe that they no longer serve their purpose only because of ignorant individuals who take things in the wrong direction.

♆XXXXXXXXXXXX♆
Security Personnel

Questionable Borg

Virgil_Ashwood
Mayor Gravity
Well said. Tip for you
Thanks

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
I wish people would pay more attention to the asian heritage.... crying People DO need to see this.

Amorous Tipper

12,300 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150
"I want to murder everyone in the entire world..."

I did not know.

Now I do.

n_n

"...Every man and woman. Every boy and every girl."

High-functioning Bunny

18,125 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Well deserved bump and tip.

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Isn't there Women Heritage Month ?

Even those these exist I think people's beef is that Gaia has not acknowledged any other of these month's / Only Black History Month , which always gets the most attention.

Dangerous Visionary

Lady Leopardess
Isn't there Women Heritage Month ?

Even those these exist I think people's beef is that Gaia has not acknowledged any other of these month's / Only Black History Month , which always gets the most attention.

Well one this is the first time Gaia has done it and two WHM is in March. So next month I do in fact expect it to be a hot topic or I'll call Gaia out in my thread in the SF.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff