Welcome to Gaia! ::

No.

Please stop making threads.

Sincerely,
The Intelligent People of Tumblr

IRL Noob

hellokitty 99999
scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream mrgreen mrgreen evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil razz razz razz razz razz razz razz rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance emo emo emo emo emo emo emo emo emo emo wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised
why the f*ck is there black history month? the only thing is the pigment in our skin -_-

Sugary Cat

I wonder why there is such a thing as black history month aswell. Call me racist all you want, I frankly don't care. Having a special month for a certain race isn't racist towards other races?

It happened over 300 years ago. 300 years ago black people were used as slaves. Now that you are equal you want to keep reminding yourself that you were unequal 300 years ago?

In before ancestor related bull; Do you know your ancestors? Do you have an emotional connection with them? If you would have, then I would have sympathy for you. But since it happened 300 years ago I highly doubt that you have any emotional connection with them.
I agree with black people always bitching about how there people were once slaves and they need respect.
Congrats, want a trophy for your obnoxiousness?

However, I've always been taught that Black History Month wasn't about slavery, it was about how black people were able to change society and make people think differently.

Come to think of it, I've never, not until now, have heard about people talking about slavery during Black History Month. Of course, I don't really hang with anyone and talk to them about this month (as I didn't realize it was Black History Month).

I do like Judge Mathis though. ;D
giggleboxforevabby
First of all black history month is to celebrate those black americans who did something to change the lives of many people.
Isnt that what certain days (such as Martin Luther King day?) are for?

Im not racist.

This is mostly about slaveryyy butttt:

I just wanna point THIS out.
Slavery started in africa. Among themselves. Africans sold eachother.
Yeah.

This is going to sound soooo racist but if you think about it, there wouldnt be a black history month without all the white people.

Im also just going to point THIS out.
I hate how some black americans today are still all kill the whitey! They enslaved us! Lets ******** wit em! xD

Slavery started in 1619. Its 2012. All of those poor people have passed away. None of those white MEN are alive now. The normal white women and men of today had nothing to do with that. Please get over it. Whitey didnt hurt blacky in this day and age. No im not saying that what happened wasnt wrong Im just saying why should the white people have to pay for it now?

Another thing! The pants sagging thing started with male black slaves. But only because their slave owner had a thing for black boys.

Yeah, pants sagging? started by homosexuals.

xD

lol i so agree

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
- T w e e t y y b a b y -
giggleboxforevabby
First of all black history month is to celebrate those black americans who did something to change the lives of many people.

Im not racist.

Yeah.

This is going to sound soooo racist but if you think about it, there wouldnt be a black history month without all the white people.

I hate how some black americans today are still all kill the whitey! They enslaved us! Lets ******** wit em! xD

Slavery started in 1619. Its 2012. All of those poor people have passed away. None of those white MEN are alive now. The normal white women and men of today had nothing to do with that. Please get over it. Whitey didnt hurt blacky in this day and age. No im not saying that what happened wasnt wrong Im just saying why should the white people have to pay for it now?

Another thing! The pants sagging thing started with male black slaves. But only because their slave owner had a thing for black boys.

xD

im not racist, but i agree w. you .
& i also agree that it's not fair that Caucasians do not have their own month.
we celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, Philippians Month .
& what about the Native Americans? Americans as well took their land, and is making them almost extinct human society.
African Americans Sold themselves to White People. They can only blame themselves not any other race. Once they sold themselves of course White People thought it was "OK" to enslave Africans. BECAUSE THEY SOLD THEMSELVES.
Also one more point, I see that alot of "Black" people like to think that "Americans" owe them something just because they were once Slaves.
It's 2012 not 1619, get over it . Things have changed ever since then.
Black people are treated just as equal as any other Race.
Stop thinking that you deserve much more than any race. BECAUSE YOU DONT.
You dont deserve anything but RESPECT, & KINDNESS.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALSO, i've noticed that young black teens like to tell everyone & their mother that their ancestors were once slaves. NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE WERE SLAVES.
Look at Michelle Obama, wasn't her great grandmother or one women in her family a Slave OWNER. & She's BLACK. So shut up w. your nonsense, cause frankly no one cares if your ancestors were slaves.
2O12 PEOPLE GROW THE **** UP !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS; Im not racists, im just trying to put my opinion out their.

I ❤ Mauricio ; el mas hermoso (:

Yeah! and wayyy back then the indians went through much worse treatment than any african.

=)
giggleboxforevabby
- T w e e t y y b a b y -
giggleboxforevabby

Im not racist.

Yeah.

xD

im not racist, but i agree w. you .
& i also agree that it's not fair that Caucasians do not have their own month.
we celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, Philippians Month .
& what about the Native Americans? Americans as well took their land, and is making them almost extinct human society.
African Americans Sold themselves to White People. They can only blame themselves not any other race. Once they sold themselves of course White People thought it was "OK" to enslave Africans. BECAUSE THEY SOLD THEMSELVES.
Also one more point, I see that alot of "Black" people like to think that "Americans" owe them something just because they were once Slaves.
It's 2012 not 1619, get over it . Things have changed ever since then.
Black people are treated just as equal as any other Race.
Stop thinking that you deserve much more than any race. BECAUSE YOU DONT.
You dont deserve anything but RESPECT, & KINDNESS.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALSO, i've noticed that young black teens like to tell everyone & their mother that their ancestors were once slaves. NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE WERE SLAVES.
Look at Michelle Obama, wasn't her great grandmother or one women in her family a Slave OWNER. & She's BLACK. So shut up w. your nonsense, cause frankly no one cares if your ancestors were slaves.
2O12 PEOPLE GROW THE **** UP !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS; Im not racists, im just trying to put my opinion out their.

I ❤ Mauricio ; el mas hermoso (:

Yeah! and wayyy back then the indians went through much worse treatment than any african.

=)

exactly (:

I ❤ You (:

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
adorna bones
No.

Sincerely,

No, I wont stop making threads. If you dont like what I have to say you can get over it. The internet isnt about what you wanna hear. Its an opinion. Im allowed to have one!
Why does this have to boil down to who suffered most?

Yes Native-Americans have it bad. Their land was stolen from them, diseased killed them, they were murdered, and now they're living on reservations. The same can be said for aboriginals in Canada and Australia (and let's not even go into the mess hole in many parts of Africa).

No one is saying that Black people are better and suffered more than someone else. This is not what black history month is about. Other minorities have months dedicated to them as well. And white people? They have the whole year.Turn the TV on and it is a celebration of good ole white America. Even our holidays-- Independence Day, Columbus Day, Presidents Day, Thanksgiving. Why fuss because there's a month for a person of a specific background? If you have to study it in school, then study it and move on.

Yes Africans sold others into slavery. Slavery is an old old old old concept. Does it make it right? Heck no. Does it give the Europeans a free pass for the slave trade? Heck no. But it happened. 300 years for our country and we are still living with the affects of it. White people get to live with privilege and minorities live with... well, it certainly isn't privilege. As for black people after slavery ended everything was not peace and love. They had to live with segregation, the KKK, lynchings, racism, prejudice... This is stuff that didn't happy only 300 years ago. The Civil Rights Act wasn't signed until 1964. That's 48 years ago. My grandma was born in 1939... so for 25 years of her life she had to live with racism that wasn't quietly swept under the rug because it's "wrong". And just because the Civil RIghts Act was sign doesn't mean everything just vanished. It's only been about two generations since then and people expect a big giant bandaid and everything is all better? No. And attitudes like those in this thread and many others aren't going to help either. It just reeks of ignorance and privilege.

Now I don't think white people should be eternally guilty because of slavery, segregation, Native-American genocide, gentrification, and the continuing racism that plagues our country. No. But it seems even to be aware of their privilege is hard. Complaining about months dedicated to minorities when there's praise for white America all year long is just ridiculous.

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
giggleboxforevabby

Im not racist.

Yeah.

xD

DOESN'T MATTER
HAD BUTTSECKS
giggleboxforevabby
adorna bones
No.

Sincerely,

No, I wont stop making threads. If you dont like what I have to say you can get over it. The internet isnt about what you wanna hear. Its an opinion. Im allowed to have one!

With freedom comes responsibility. Don't try to talk of things that you have no knowledge and haven't attempt to properly learn about.

Girl-Crazy Marshmallow

No, you are racist, and what you are saying is racist. It doesn't "sound racist" like a vevuzela sounds like bees, it sounds racist because it is racist.

Now, to get the coddling out of the way, that doesn't mean you're evil, or that you absorbed racist ideas in a vacuum, or any other stuff you may feel like being called out on being racist implies. It just means you are someone who thinks she's not a racist who is, and now you have the opportunity to check yourself.

Ways in which your post is messed up on a general being-a-person-in-the-world level
• Dismissing the right of PoC to talk about their history
• Acting simultaneously that some tidbit you learned about history is relevant despite being hundreds of years old and like there is a time limit on caring about injustice
• In general, telling people how long they are allowed to at all talk about their history and the ways in which what happened to their family in the past affects them now
• Stereotyping PoC as violent
• Suggesting flippantly that Black History Month is about Bringing the White Man Down
• Blacky
• Homophobic bs just for kicks

I'd like to say, after having read through your post, I doubt you seriously mean any of what you wrote, but this is the internet, so I'm assuming you both do mean every word and live somewhere that you honestly have not be taught to know better. So please also don't take offense and tell me about how I don't know you (because that's a given) because I have failed to detect this part or that part was facetious.

Girl-Crazy Marshmallow

Rainbow Kazoo
I agree, there should be no black history month.

You, on the other hand.
I'm afraid I must revoke your Love & Tolerance Card and put your Friendship License on hold pending a letter to the princess.

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Shurinka
Why does this have to boil down to who suffered most?

Yes Native-Americans have it bad. Their land was stolen from them, diseased killed them, they were murdered, and now they're living on reservations. The same can be said for aboriginals in Canada and Australia (and let's not even go into the mess hole in many parts of Africa).

No one is saying that Black people are better and suffered more than someone else. This is not what black history month is about. Other minorities have months dedicated to them as well. And white people? They have the whole year.Turn the TV on and it is a celebration of good ole white America. Even our holidays-- Independence Day, Columbus Day, Presidents Day, Thanksgiving. Why fuss because there's a month for a person of a specific background? If you have to study it in school, then study it and move on.

Yes Africans sold others into slavery. Slavery is an old old old old concept. Does it make it right? Heck no. Does it give the Europeans a free pass for the slave trade? Heck no. But it happened. 300 years for our country and we are still living with the affects of it. White people get to live with privilege and minorities live with... well, it certainly isn't privilege. As for black people after slavery ended everything was not peace and love. They had to live with segregation, the KKK, lynchings, racism, prejudice... This is stuff that didn't happy only 300 years ago. The Civil Rights Act wasn't signed until 1964. That's 48 years ago. My grandma was born in 1939... so for 25 years of her life she had to live with racism that wasn't quietly swept under the rug because it's "wrong". And just because the Civil RIghts Act was sign doesn't mean everything just vanished. It's only been about two generations since then and people expect a big giant bandaid and everything is all better? No. And attitudes like those in this thread and many others aren't going to help either. It just reeks of ignorance and privilege.

Now I don't think white people should be eternally guilty because of slavery, segregation, Native-American genocide, gentrification, and the continuing racism that plagues our country. No. But it seems even to be aware of their privilege is hard. Complaining about months dedicated to minorities when there's praise for white America all year long is just ridiculous.

ok, with out white people, black people wouldnt even be here. there wouldnt be a black history month. So your saying that it was ok for africans to sell eachother but its wrong for white people to sell them? This is going to sound really racist but honestly, if your going to complain about stuff that happened sooooo long ago, go back to africa. Trust me, its much worse to be black in some parts of africa then it is here. Yes racism is wrong, very wrong and very stupid. But in case you havent noticed, being black has never been a minority. Not unless like 300 hundred years ago you were on the 1st or second boat.

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
adorna bones
giggleboxforevabby
adorna bones
No.

Sincerely,

With freedom comes responsibility. Don't try to talk of things that you have no knowledge and haven't attempt to properly learn about.

What makes you think I have no knowlegde of what Im talking about? I know exactly what Im talking about. You dont have responsibility over an opinion, you just have one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff