Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Prophet

7,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Stereotype the Irish (generally drunks, sluts, temperamental, etc.) Month in honorary celebration of a former Roman slave who came back to conquer the Irish people and take away their pagan beliefs under Catholic conquest?

Is Irish Defamation Month okay because they look "Whiter"?

Irish were, like the Chinese, brought over as indentured servants (read: legal slave), treated as subhuman, eventually rising to being relegated to living in ghettos and forming gangs as a means of self-defense, security and survival.

Irish History has much in common with Black History

Mocking "Gingers" for their skin tone is even back in popular fashion

If someone is Irish and not "Ginger" they are questioned for the validity of their lineage

I'm not saying that the plight of African Americans is negligible, but that the plight of all non- Anglicans gets swept under the rug.

Black History Month occurs just before the March festivities of celebrating racial stereotyping.

Has anyone learned anything?

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,225 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Cat Dirt
Stereotype the Irish (generally drunks, sluts, temperamental, etc.) Month in honorary celebration of a former Roman slave who came back to conquer the Irish people and take away their pagan beliefs under Catholic conquest?

Is Irish Defamation Month okay because they look "Whiter"?

Irish were, like the Chinese, brought over as indentured servants (read: legal slave), treated as subhuman, eventually rising to being relegated to living in ghettos and forming gangs as a means of self-defense, security and survival.

Irish History has much in common with Black History

Mocking "Gingers" for their skin tone is even back in popular fashion

If someone is Irish and not "Ginger" they are questioned for the validity of their lineage

I'm not saying that the plight of African Americans is negligible, but that the plight of all non- Anglicans gets swept under the rug.

Black History Month occurs just before the March festivities of celebrating racial stereotyping.

Has anyone learned anything?

Wow, yes! I just learned a lot. Some of my ancestors were Irish, I'm a semi-ginger and I still didn't think about Saint Patrick's Day in this light, even though I already knew about the subjugation of the Irish in the UK and the US.

Girl-Crazy Marshmallow

"Has anyone learned anything?"
You don't need to look further than what sort of topics dominate this forum to get the answer to that. -_-;

(which is to say, so overrun with really poorly thought out & downright belligerent stuff, your well-intentioned derailing is so minor it doesn't inspire commentary beyond this parenthetical.)

Dangerous Visionary

To be fair Women's history pretty much overshadows it.

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
I've learned a lot today. Thank you for sharing.
Despite being held at the Coliseum, the site of the 1912 Republican
convention, an overflow crowd of six to twelve thousand waited
outside for their turn to view the exhibits. Inspired by the three-week
celebration, Woodson decided to form an organization to promote the
scientific study of black life and history before leaving town. On
September 9th, Woodson met at the Wabash YMCA with A. L. Jackson
and three others and formed the Association for the Study of Negro
Life and History (ASNLH). ******** the Racists.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff