• Alchemy Level 10 100
There are others out there:
Latino Heritage Month- September 15th-October 15th
Russian American Heritage Month- June
Asian/Pacific Heritage- May
Jewish Heritage Month- May
Women's History Month - March
Irish-American Heritage Month - March
Gay History Month - October (U.S.) February (U.K.)
Native American Heritage Month- November

So why is there a forum for Black History Month and none of these others? emotion_8c
That's a very good question.I'm just guessing cause of the long period of slavery and then blacks overcoming and doing different type of things.Being the 1st of different occupations. Breaking down the barriers. They've worked hard and long to be able to do something like that and to let the other generations of people once they pass on that they're next generation will be able to have opportunities and such. I know some of the history months that should deserve better attention than what they have now.Like Native Americans and Asians.
If they are doing this BHM, then they should do it for others too. But not really considering how this one turned out.
ang3lKist
There are others out there:
Latino Heritage Month- September 15th-October 15th
Russian American Heritage Month- June
Asian/Pacific Heritage- May
Jewish Heritage Month- May
Women's History Month - March
Irish-American Heritage Month - March
Gay History Month - October (U.S.) February (U.K.)
Native American Heritage Month- November

So why is there a forum for Black History Month and none of these others? emotion_8c

I'm Jewish and I had no idea about that. BC

Sweetest Bunny

I never even heard of most of those, chances are a lot of people don't even know that they exist.

Timid Shapeshifter

28,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
lorryn 96
I never even heard of most of those, chances are a lot of people don't even know that they exist.

I didn't know that alot of them existed, until yesterday and frankly I'm disgruntled that Black History Month is so popular, like they were the only group of people that had to deal with racism, discrimination, or being killed for stupid reasons in the past. emotion_donotwant

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
ang3lKist
lorryn 96

I didn't know that alot of them existed, until yesterday and frankly I'm disgruntled that Black History Month is so popular, like they were the only group of people that had to deal with racism, discrimination, or being killed for stupid reasons in the past. emotion_donotwant

Who the ******** else suffered slavery like this? Say the Native Americans, but they weren't put on a ******** ship, where many died, on a ******** voyage across a huge ******** ocean, enslaved for HUNDREDS of years, then made to suffer intense segregation and unfair treatment. Not to downplay what the Native Americans suffered but come the ******** on. Are you that retarded that you cannot see the differences? Ah... looks like someone is talking s**t without knowing the facts. ******** idiot.
skullcrushergurl
ang3lKist
lorryn 96

Who the ******** else suffered slavery like this? Say the Native Americans, but they weren't put on a ******** ship, where many died, on a ******** voyage across a huge ******** ocean, enslaved for HUNDREDS of years, then made to suffer intense segregation and unfair treatment. Not to downplay what the Native Americans suffered but come the ******** on. Are you that retarded that you cannot see the differences? Ah... looks like someone is talking s**t without knowing the facts. ******** idiot.

Lol, you don't know that much history, now do you? :3
If anyone should have a month it should be Jewish people.
They were enslaved, abused, and killed longer than black people have been slaves.

Natives had it just as bad.
It doesn't matter if they were on a boat or not.
They had their land taken away from them (black didn't, they still had Africa, they were just forced to come to the US).

You're pretty ignorant in history.
iLozerCake
skullcrushergurl
ang3lKist
lorryn 96

They were enslaved, abused, and killed longer than black people have been slaves.

They had their land taken away from them (black didn't, they still had Africa, they were just forced to come to the US).

And you act as though being a slave first is a gold medal.

Nobody deserves any month, but there was some guy way high in power who decided we should get one [And yes, I get that the post above yours is incorrect in a couple ways, but seriously, there's no need to fight about race with a couple of other teens on an online game.]
Nyji
iLozerCake
skullcrushergurl
ang3lKist
lorryn 96

Nobody deserves any month, but there was some guy way high in power who decided we should get one [And yes, I get that the post above yours is incorrect in a couple ways, but seriously, there's no need to fight about race with a couple of other teens on an online game.]

I wasn't trying to put it as that? I'm sorry if I gave you the impression on that.
I was merely trying to say that blacks weren't the only ones that had it as bad.
I wasn't fighting, I was pointing out. (:
I also have to add that no one else looks at other races in slavery (for one I didn't know Mexicans were slaves), because we've been taught in middle school and high school that blacks were slaves and that's it.
iLozerCake
Nyji
iLozerCake
skullcrushergurl
ang3lKist
lorryn 96

I wasn't trying to put it as that? I'm sorry if I gave you the impression on that.
I was merely trying to say that blacks weren't the only ones that had it as bad.
I also have to add that no one else looks at other races in slavery (for one I didn't know Mexicans were slaves), because we've been taught in middle school and high school that blacks were slaves and that's it.

I'm learning about Jewish, Black, and Mexican slaves in Social Studies, right now.

I guess some schools just don't find it necessary to talk about the other races.

I personally disagree with that.
Nyji
iLozerCake
Nyji
iLozerCake
skullcrushergurl

I'm learning about Jewish, Black, and Mexican slaves in Social Studies, right now.

I guess some schools just don't find it necessary to talk about the other races.

I personally disagree with that.

I agree with you.
I think everyone should something about every race.
Not just black slaves.
And, I also agree with you that no one should have history month.

Timid Shapeshifter

28,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
iLozerCake
skullcrushergurl
ang3lKist
lorryn 96

emotion_hug Thank you! I couldn't have put it better myself.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
skullcrushergurl
ang3lKist
lorryn 96

Irish people were put on Slave ships as well. They were even said to be worth less than black slaves.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
iLozerCake
skullcrushergurl
ang3lKist
lorryn 96

Are you retarded or retarded? When the bloody ******** were the ******** Jews enslaved in America? I do agree that there should be a German holiday for them. IN GERMANY.
YOU seem to be ignorant in history and also geography. And since you know so ******** much, you should know that Native American History is celebrated but considering the time frame, there isn't much documentation. I know this first hand from when I was looking at Native American History. They couldn't fight the way blacks did and so their voices weren't heard. They were silenced by the WHITE government. Blacks however, took every opporunity to make it known. I don't remember the Native American escaping slavery. Or doing Boycotts. Or taking action against such injustices. SECONDLY if you think Native American history should get more attention, go celebrate it. I sure as ******** do, seeing as I have Native American family members. Just because you are a dumb piece of s**t doesn't mean everyone else is. You just wanna troll and talk s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff