Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Survivor

Nearer My God To Thee

I love your sig xD

Loved Holy Grail <3

Newbie Noob

Yuekazehime
Sticking American onto the end at all seems cumbersome. It seems like American only makes sense as a qualifier when the individual hails from someplace outside America.
I agree with you in spirit, but the problem is the label "black" by itself already carries some racist qualities to it. By attacking American to black, we can somewhat eliminate the stereotype.

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Slutty_Eddie
Yuekazehime
Sticking American onto the end at all seems cumbersome. It seems like American only makes sense as a qualifier when the individual hails from someplace outside America.
I agree with you in spirit, but the problem is the label "black" by itself already carries some racist qualities to it. By attacking American to black, we can somewhat eliminate the stereotype.

I don't think adding American takes anything away from 'black' having racist qualities if you already believe the term has them; if anything, it's compounding racism and nationalism together and fixing the over emphasis of neither.

I submit to you that a more "politically correct" version of black would be to create the black equivalent of Caucasian, not that I'm personally advocating such a term.
Neko the Kitty
Also, keep in mind that not all black people are of African descent. Native Fijians as well as people from the island of Hispaniola (Haiti, Dominican Republic) also have very dark skin. They are considered black, but generally have no African ancestory.

Yes they have, the native population of Haiti were the TaĆ­no, but they were killed or something so the majority of people in Haiti are black now because of the Slave trade.
So black people from Haiti are black, and they have African ancestry since no natives in the Americas were black.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Slutty_Eddie
Yuekazehime

There is noting racist about the term "black". rolleyes

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
stormylane
Slutty_Eddie
Yuekazehime

There is noting racist about the term "black". rolleyes

For what it's worth in Costa Rica is racist not to call a black person "black"

3,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Bop4Life
SANll 2
Bop4Life
Lets say you came from another country.

You came here in the U.S. and you got your blue card.

That makes you an American..

So I am a Filipino American. I wasn't born here, although I got a blue card. Since my father has been living here, since he was 11. He is now 62, he saw Martin Luther King when he was 11. And I thought that was really cool. lol

lol my Filipino boyfriend would throw a fit if I told him he was Filipino American (he just got citizenship last week) he doesn't like it here and plans on moving back home when he gets enough money xp

LOL! Most filipino people do that.. Like they work > go home.
Or they take one of their family member and bring them here, until all of them are here.
When I was first born, my card was a automatic blue card.
For my mom, it wasn't however. She still needs to file for a blue card.
In fact next week, my blue card is gonna expired. sweatdrop
What is a blue card? I Googled it, result said that it's a work card for non-EU citizens that lets them work in the EU.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Ponys_RuleXD
jmjmjmjm

did you really just do what I think you did?

Hilarious Noob

Ratttking
What is a blue card? I Googled it, result said that it's a work card for non-EU citizens that lets them work in the EU.

Blue means a US citizen passport.
Green : A green card is a US permanent residence visa. It gives permission to someone who is not a citizen of the USA to enter, to live and work and own property in, and to go in and out of the USA permanently, i.e. for life. It's pretty much like 99% of citizenship only a permanent resident usually cannot vote, and cannot get a USA passport (because he remains a citizen of his home state).

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Bop4Life
Ratttking

Green : A green card is a US permanent residence visa. It gives permission to someone who is not a citizen of the USA to enter, to live and work and own property in, and to go in and out of the USA permanently, i.e. for life. It's pretty much like 99% of citizenship only a permanent resident usually cannot vote, and cannot get a USA passport (because he remains a citizen of his home state).
Thanks. I knew what a green card was. Why would any non-citizen ever be allowed to vote?

Hilarious Noob

Ratttking
Bop4Life
Ratttking

Thanks. I knew what a green card was. Why would any non-citizen ever be allowed to vote?

I got this off google about the green card part, and I think they can vote. o:

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Bop4Life
Ratttking
Bop4Life
Ratttking

I got this off google about the green card part, and I think they can vote. o:
In very few places, they may vote in local elections, but green card holders who attempt to register to vote may face deportation or be denied naturalization. x

3,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
i dont get why people rasist sad its sad like who cares if im black or white its just a colour!

Dangerous Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Partygoer 500
i dont know. maybe lol love your question

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers