Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Popular Thread 100
giggleboxforevabby
Im just adding this cause I saw it mentioned...

Why should we dedicate more than two channels to a race? White people dont have one, Mexicans dont, chinese dont...etc.

Honestly there are no african americans anymore.

Im an extreamly neutral person. I hate racist people. Im a pansexual mutt. xD
i dont know if anyone addressed you on this. Latino's (Spanished speakers) do have there own channel. In fact more than a handfull. Asian's Also have there own channel for thir language also a big handful. Blacks we only have what? 3 or 4?
Also on your other post above this.
It is racist in every movie bascially. Count how many time you seen a inter racial couple ( Black male w/ white female without being a highly known black male actor, and not about how hard it is to be in a interracial relationship? Basically none. :/

Gracious Fairy

Kennsie
By Lantern Light
Kennsie
Celestial Petals
Kennsie
It wouldn't really seem right to have a white history month because of all of the mean things they did to innocent african americans that tried to stop racism.
Black people, asians, hispanics, and etc ... need to be on t.v. more because it's very unfair that you can just turn to any channel and see at least one white person.
(I'm not racist btw) >.>

Black people were the ones and are STILL the ones responsible for slavery of black people. Unless you don't consider that mean.

Are you wanting segregated tv programming?

What do you mean black people are the ones responsible for slavery? The southern states supported slavery because they feared that thier economy would not survive witout it and because the plantation system had been built on slavery. I'm typing this as i am reading my U.S history textbook. Tell me how they are responsible for slavery because I've never heard that before.

In the message I sent, I never said anything about segregated t.v. programming. I'm just agreeing with what the person who made this topic said. Mixed races on one t.v program is what I'd i'd like to see instead of only majorities. After all, I don't know what country or state you are in now but this is the United states of america right?

Without the Blacks and Arabs selling off the spoils of raids on other tribes, and their own undesirables the slave trade would not have been a worthwhile endeavor do to the time, loss of life(on the part of the slave merchants and their crew). Without active African participation in the slave trade the whole sorry business would likely have been written off as economically inviable, and likely either would have not happened or shrunken to a still regrettable but comparitively negligable degree.

That was not to say that Americans and Europeans who provided the market are any less culpable, simply that the blame should not be limited to only the whites in this story.

It should also be be considered that many Africans who would eventually be sold into slavery at one point may have lived off the profits of the trade.

Therefore the only garunteed innocents in the matter would be Children dragged off into bondage, Slaves born in the new world, and the Abolitionist who knew it was wrong and made a stand against it. (and naturally people who were by merit of being born after the fact, who should not suffer associative guilt do to the crimes of their forebearers.)

I'm in the 8th grade and I'm still in language arts class, so I don't know how to repond to that. Sorry. Could you be more specific? talk to me like you would talk to a dumb person. (though i'm not that dumb).

Sure thing, luv. I certainly wouldn't say you're dumb you write very well for someone your age.

In the time when slaves were being traded Africa was not really an easy place for white people to get around in. There were diseases which they had little or no immunity to, and the travel difficult. This would have made the job of collecting people to sell off as slaves so costly that doing it themselves would have been not worth the time or money.

Sadly there were plenty of Africans and Arab-Africans who were willing and able to sell slaves to the slave traders. The Africans would take people from rival tribes or people from their own tribe that they didn't like, and sell to white people. The whites would then take the human cargo back to Europe and America to sell at a profit.

If Africans hadn't participated in the slave trade the cost would have outweighed the gain, and whites probably wouldn't have really bothered.

Many adult Africans who wound up being sold probably had sold slaves themselves.

The only people whose innocence we gave be certain of are the kids taken from their homes, the kids born into slavery, and the white people who saw it was wrong and did their part to put an end to it.

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
Bashelia Peppita
Designer Genes

So straight people shouldn't display pride in the way we were born/ decide to be, but people with any other sexual preference should?
i think this quote says it all:

"I get sick of listening to straight people complain about, “Well, hey, we don’t have a heterosexual-pride day, why do you need a gay-pride day?” I remember when I was a kid I’d always ask my mom: “Why don’t we have a Kid’s Day? We have a Mother’s Day and a Father’s Day, but why don’t we have a Kid’s Day?” My mom would always say, “Every day is Kid’s Day.” To all those heterosexuals that b***h about gay pride, I say the same thing: Every day is heterosexual-pride day! Can’t you people enjoy your banquet and not piss on those of us enjoying our crumbs over here in the corner?"
- Rob Nash

So... straight people shouldn';t have the right to display pride in the way they're born purely based on the way others treat them. Therefore, the right to celebrate individuality is only granted if one's individuality is under perceived assault from certain groups?

Quote:
There plainly doesn't have to be one. Do straight people have higher suicidal tendencies because they're straight? Do straight people receive scorn from their parents and society because they're straight? Do straight couples fear holding hands in public because of the bad things that people may say about them?

So I don't deserve a pride parade because of the suffering someone else goes through. I should obviously not want to celebrate myself because someone else out there has problems not dissimilar to my own, but for dissimilar reasons?

Quote:
In its very essence, gay pride is about finding acceptance in society

Because straight people never struggle with this. All of us breeders are instantly socially accepted in every way imaginable.
Quote:
and fighting for equal rights.

As long as those equal rights don't ever benefit the majority equally, right? After all, they don't need it as much.
Quote:
And all I'm saying is, because heterosexuality is evident (and actually quite banal), it doesn't need to have a day. But it already exists in Brazil. Straights had fun, and that's about it, I guess. They achieved nothing.

Well, I'm glad all the feathers glitz and glam saved the gay cause, not years of actual effort.

Quote:
Since I don't have time, I'll get back to you about the race issue. 3nodding

Kay.

Unstoppable Warrior

I would love a White History Month. So we could reflect on the idiotic things we did and perhaps try to change ourselves a little bit.

Let's face it, history shows that we've had some pretty bad douchebag moments.

OTL;;

Girl-Crazy Marshmallow

Designer Genes
Bashelia Peppita
Designer Genes

So straight people shouldn't display pride in the way we were born/ decide to be, but people with any other sexual preference should?
i think this quote says it all:

"I get sick of listening to straight people complain about, “Well, hey, we don’t have a heterosexual-pride day, why do you need a gay-pride day?” I remember when I was a kid I’d always ask my mom: “Why don’t we have a Kid’s Day? We have a Mother’s Day and a Father’s Day, but why don’t we have a Kid’s Day?” My mom would always say, “Every day is Kid’s Day.” To all those heterosexuals that b***h about gay pride, I say the same thing: Every day is heterosexual-pride day! Can’t you people enjoy your banquet and not piss on those of us enjoying our crumbs over here in the corner?"
- Rob Nash

So... straight people shouldn';t have the right to display pride in the way they're born purely based on the way others treat them. Therefore, the right to celebrate individuality is only granted if one's individuality is under perceived assault from certain groups?

Quote:
There plainly doesn't have to be one. Do straight people have higher suicidal tendencies because they're straight? Do straight people receive scorn from their parents and society because they're straight? Do straight couples fear holding hands in public because of the bad things that people may say about them?

So I don't deserve a pride parade because of the suffering someone else goes through. I should obviously not want to celebrate myself because someone else out there has problems not dissimilar to my own, but for dissimilar reasons?

Quote:
In its very essence, gay pride is about finding acceptance in society

Because straight people never struggle with this. All of us breeders are instantly socially accepted in every way imaginable.
Quote:
and fighting for equal rights.

As long as those equal rights don't ever benefit the majority equally, right? After all, they don't need it as much.
Quote:
And all I'm saying is, because heterosexuality is evident (and actually quite banal), it doesn't need to have a day. But it already exists in Brazil. Straights had fun, and that's about it, I guess. They achieved nothing.

Well, I'm glad all the feathers glitz and glam saved the gay cause, not years of actual effort.

Quote:
Since I don't have time, I'll get back to you about the race issue. 3nodding

Kay.

Wow, you seem to feel really upset that there isn't a straight pride day, and like people are trying to keep things from you with the lack of one. If you do feel as martyred as your tone suggests (internet, after all), I do hope that you feel better. 3nodding

I think that if you perhaps take a step beck from your personal experience and whatever struggles you've faced or are facing (since you imply that you've felt difficulty in being accepted) it will be easier for you to see from another perspective.

Gay pride movements exist because of the inequity specific to being queer. The word pride is not just "yeah, I'm awesome!" but specifically used because they are movements in response to systematic & constant poor treatment, ranging from the outright abusive to merely being treated as "other" or having (queer) existence erased. The word pride is used because it's in response to environments with a consistent tone of "You should be ashamed".

With that context in mind, perhaps it's a little less unclear why anger over a lack of straight pride celebrations is gauche? If you're straight, that part of you fits into what society has deemed Acceptable Default Human, so you don't have any massive systematic hate based on your straightness to carry on in spite of.

For people who do not fit into "default", it comes across as greedy and crass when someone who does is pissed that whatever aspect we're talking about doesn't have the same things. Separate things unique to GLBTQ people, unique to black people, unique to women, (whatever else you might name) exist because members of those groups were excluded from the mainstream and made their own (entertainment/support systems/whatever). That is what the quote is referring to with the banquette/crumbs metaphor.

To use pretend groups, so nobody has to feel like it's about them: sweatdrop
Say starbelly sneetches are most common in sneechland, so the most popular movies & TV shows are all about starbellies. Starless sneetches can't get a break, so, tired of never seeing stories about them and what their lives are like, make their own TV channel so they can have one place to see stories of themselves. Sam O'Starbelly complains that the is StarlessTV but no BellyTV channel, and lets all of his friends know that he finds it very unfair.

Minorities who want equal rights are not excluding the majority, they are playing catch-up. So "As long as those equal rights don't ever benefit the majority equally, right?" really isn't something that anyone would need to worry about. If I wanted to marry someone of the same sex, I'd be SOL, even though it'd be totally cool in more states than not to be married to my first cousin, for example.

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Candy Is Acid
giggleboxforevabby

Why should we dedicate more than two channels to a race? White people dont have one, Mexicans dont, chinese dont...etc.

i dont know if anyone addressed you on this. Latino's (Spanished speakers) do have there own channel. In fact more than a handfull. Asian's Also have there own channel for thir language also a big handful. Blacks we only have what? 3 or 4?
It is racist in every movie bascially. Count how many time you seen a inter racial couple ( Black male w/ white female without being a highly known black male actor, and not about how hard it is to be in a interracial relationship? Basically none. :/

Yeah someone already said that...and I said I was wrong about there not being a spanish channel. PAY ATTENTION. Ive only seen a few movies or tv shows where it was about struggles of interracial relationships. The other ones (more than ten) didnt even make note of race.

Lonely Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Popular Thread 100
giggleboxforevabby
Candy Is Acid
giggleboxforevabby

Yeah someone already said that...and I said I was wrong about there not being a spanish channel. PAY ATTENTION. Ive only seen a few movies or tv shows where it was about struggles of interracial relationships. The other ones (more than ten) didnt even make note of race.
actual yeah they do. they always have tension suggesting to race. Like something new and many more directors and big movie people even admitted ( i read in a few articles about 3 months back) that yeah its because white audience don't feel comfortable with seeing "one of their kind" with a minority. or they refuse the movie. a case study show they took a romatic movie and an action movie same plot they advertised to multiple race's showing diffrent characters ( each movie plot had one with an all white leas, another with all black leads, and finally the last with an interacial couple as the lead" studies showed that people said they wouldt see the movie with all black cast and deff wouldnt see with an interracial couple. ( trying to summarize this whole thing) anyways there are sudies showing racism in movie production
By Lantern Light
Kennsie
By Lantern Light
Kennsie
Celestial Petals
Kennsie
It wouldn't really seem right to have a white history month because of all of the mean things they did to innocent african americans that tried to stop racism.
Black people, asians, hispanics, and etc ... need to be on t.v. more because it's very unfair that you can just turn to any channel and see at least one white person.
(I'm not racist btw) >.>

Black people were the ones and are STILL the ones responsible for slavery of black people. Unless you don't consider that mean.

Are you wanting segregated tv programming?

What do you mean black people are the ones responsible for slavery? The southern states supported slavery because they feared that thier economy would not survive witout it and because the plantation system had been built on slavery. I'm typing this as i am reading my U.S history textbook. Tell me how they are responsible for slavery because I've never heard that before.

In the message I sent, I never said anything about segregated t.v. programming. I'm just agreeing with what the person who made this topic said. Mixed races on one t.v program is what I'd i'd like to see instead of only majorities. After all, I don't know what country or state you are in now but this is the United states of america right?

Without the Blacks and Arabs selling off the spoils of raids on other tribes, and their own undesirables the slave trade would not have been a worthwhile endeavor do to the time, loss of life(on the part of the slave merchants and their crew). Without active African participation in the slave trade the whole sorry business would likely have been written off as economically inviable, and likely either would have not happened or shrunken to a still regrettable but comparitively negligable degree.

That was not to say that Americans and Europeans who provided the market are any less culpable, simply that the blame should not be limited to only the whites in this story.

It should also be be considered that many Africans who would eventually be sold into slavery at one point may have lived off the profits of the trade.

Therefore the only garunteed innocents in the matter would be Children dragged off into bondage, Slaves born in the new world, and the Abolitionist who knew it was wrong and made a stand against it. (and naturally people who were by merit of being born after the fact, who should not suffer associative guilt do to the crimes of their forebearers.)

I'm in the 8th grade and I'm still in language arts class, so I don't know how to repond to that. Sorry. Could you be more specific? talk to me like you would talk to a dumb person. (though i'm not that dumb).

Sure thing, luv. I certainly wouldn't say you're dumb you write very well for someone your age.

In the time when slaves were being traded Africa was not really an easy place for white people to get around in. There were diseases which they had little or no immunity to, and the travel difficult. This would have made the job of collecting people to sell off as slaves so costly that doing it themselves would have been not worth the time or money.

Sadly there were plenty of Africans and Arab-Africans who were willing and able to sell slaves to the slave traders. The Africans would take people from rival tribes or people from their own tribe that they didn't like, and sell to white people. The whites would then take the human cargo back to Europe and America to sell at a profit.

If Africans hadn't participated in the slave trade the cost would have outweighed the gain, and whites probably wouldn't have really bothered.

Many adult Africans who wound up being sold probably had sold slaves themselves.

The only people whose innocence we gave be certain of are the kids taken from their homes, the kids born into slavery, and the white people who saw it was wrong and did their part to put an end to it.

Gosh. Thats just sad and wrong in so many ways. Slavery is still kind of happening. I read a magazine about children being sold or something of that sort. I forgot, but the magazine was just all sad (except for the back which, by the way, had a picture of Dr. Martin luther king jr. and a wise quote from him)

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Candy Is Acid
giggleboxforevabby
Candy Is Acid
giggleboxforevabby

actual yeah they do. they always have tension suggesting to race. Like something new and many more directors and big movie people even admitted ( i read in a few articles about 3 months back) that yeah its because white audience don't feel comfortable with seeing "one of their kind" with a minority. or they refuse the movie. a case study show they took a romatic movie and an action movie same plot they advertised to multiple race's showing diffrent characters ( each movie plot had one with an all white leas, another with all black leads, and finally the last with an interacial couple as the lead" studies showed that people said they wouldt see the movie with all black cast and deff wouldnt see with an interracial couple. ( trying to summarize this whole thing) anyways there are sudies showing racism in movie production

You have no proof of any of that, please learn to spell.

Generous Humorist

I flipped through my channels and saw an abundance of different races so idk wtf you're talking about.

Romantic Genius

7,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
wow a lot of people didnt like this lol, i guess they were offended xd

Lonely Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Popular Thread 100
giggleboxforevabby
Candy Is Acid
giggleboxforevabby
Candy Is Acid
giggleboxforevabby

You have no proof of any of that, please learn to spell.
I can actual spell right I had just logged in and was trying to type fast because I had to get to other people. Also here is a link to what I was talking about partially. I cannot track down the original article I saw a few months ago.
http://racismdaily.com/2011/07/14/study-reveals-movie-interests-are-racially-based/

6,200 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I disagree with black and white holiday. A person is still a person. How they look does not matter.
There skin color does not matter. A person is still a person no matter how different they are.
Telling jokes about how a persons looks or skin color is ok. me and my crew told jokes in the army, just to keep us going. We told jokes about blacks, whites, jews, people with blue skin, and other crazy stuff.

I think there should not be any holidays for people with black or white skin color. Because your skin color is nothing more then your skin color.

We should have a holiday for guys that been shot in the nuts during the war. Allot of good folks went to war and got nut shot. We should have a holiday that petty them.
Bashelia Peppita

White people who don't believe me: turn on your tv, skim through the channels and count the white people. Believe me now?

The vast majority of America is white, so you're kind of dumb if you expect to see equal representation among all races in the media. There are plenty of black people in the media, actually. And plenty of gay people. Actually I'd say a disproportionate amount of gay people. There are whole channels dedicated to specific races. So yeah, you kind of need to get over yourself.

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Rave0001
wow a lot of people didnt like this lol, i guess they were offended xd
I'm just speaking the truth as it is. 3nodding I'm actually sorry I made this thread because I sparked a lot of arguments.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff