Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Izzy Van Helsing
tadpolily
Izzy Van Helsing
Can we make it clear that you refer to white people in countries like America?

Because in countries like South Africa, white people are treated almost as badly as the blacks were in America in the sixties. Raped, killed, beaten, robbed, etc. People there- wouldn't hurt for them to have a white history month equivalent, and a fight for equality, rights, etc.

Some how I don't believe this is true. Given colonization and apartheid and all

If it weren't true, we wouldn't have had an entire class dedicated to white adversity in South African literature at my University.
And it's a small university.

Yes, they were douchebags when they first came into South Africa, and some still are. But there are black people there who remember this, and retaliate against the white people, by way of rape, theft, assault, etc.

I think them retaliating again the white people is wrong. Slavery STARTED in Africa. AFRICAN people kidnapped other Africans and sold them amongst themselves. White people took advantage of what they believed to be a good idea. Plus without all the white people we wouldnt have black history month. lol

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
claim2fame
Bashelia Peppita
Just as less as we need a Straight Pride Parade. Or a National Right Handed People Day. It just doesn't make any sense. A majority doesn't need to celebrate anything and over the course of history, a celebration like this would be very politically incorrect. White people don't have to fight for equality. There's an overrepr
White people who don't believe me: turn on your tv, skim through the channels and count the white people. Believe me now?
i only agree about no gay parades but saying no white history month makes you rascist you.if theres no white history month there shouldn't be a black history month either. black history month shouldn't be celebrated for 1 month bc theres whole nother 11months.NAACP IS A RASCIST GROUP,LAST I CHECKED,WHITE PEOPLE ARE A COLOT.LOOK AT BLACK MUSIC!most is bout thugging.would you hire a cocaine sniffing wannabe thug as the star of your family tv show?.most "other races"send money back home. reason for lack of luxury

Um that was really racist. And wtf is a colot?
giggleboxforevabby
claim2fame
Quote:
color i typoed on ps3

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
giggleboxforevabby

You have no right to tell this person how to think. I may not agree with some of this persons views, considering Im pansexual but give me ten GOOD reasons why there shouldnt be a white history month?
1. A potential white history month has become politically incorrect because of history.
2. White supremacists and Neo-nazis would exploit this month.
3. In most parts of the world (excluding South Africa and possibly other countries) whites don't have to fight for equal rights.
4. You can name plenty of white role models in many areas of expertise, there doesn't need to be a month to offer recognition to them 'because they are white'. They weren't stopped 'in spite of their whiteness'.
5. Whites didn't have to suffer as much as the other races in history, generally speaking. They were the ones who abused the Native Americans and forced black people out of their own countries for slavery.
6. White history is a history of bloodshed and racism. The Crusades, slavery,... Something to be proud of and celebrate, right? stare
7. Whites aren't a minority in the US.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

8. Achievements by white people are celebrated, but they aren't explicitly referred to as actually being white. Their race is insignificant, because of society seeing white people as 'normal', another passive form of racism. 
9. White History Month would have no purpose. Instilling white pride would give a wrong signal to our children. Instead, they should learn that they should be proud of who they are, regardless of their race.
10. White people aren't victimized, suppressed or racially profiled because of their race.

In short, there will never be a WHM. And that's definitely for the better. I rest my case. Now you give me 10 reasons why there should be one.

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
giggleboxforevabby

I think them retaliating again the white people is wrong. Slavery STARTED in Africa. AFRICAN people kidnapped other Africans and sold them amongst themselves. White people took advantage of what they believed to be a good idea. Plus without all the white people we wouldnt have black history month. lol
That's really ignorant. Slavery started in medieval Europe and the Islamic world. That's right, if the whites hadn't enslaved and abused blacks, there wouldn't be a BHM. That last sentence is really ignorant and shows how much of a racist you really are.

2,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Bashelia Peppita
giggleboxforevabby

That's really ignorant. Slavery started in medieval Europe and the Islamic world. That's right, if the whites hadn't enslaved and abused blacks, there wouldn't be a BHM. That last sentence is really ignorant and shows how much of a racist you really are.

You're the ignorant one. Slavery predates actual human records. "Slavery was known in almost every ancient civilization, including Sumer, Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, the Akkadian Empire, Assyria, Ancient India, Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, the Islamic Caliphate, and the pre-Columbian civilizations of the Americas. Such institutions were a mixture of debt-slavery, punishment for crime, the enslavement of prisoners of war, child abandonment, and the birth of slave children to slaves."

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
repriserecord
Bashelia Peppita
giggleboxforevabby

You're the ignorant one. Slavery predates actual human records. "Slavery was known in almost every ancient civilization, including Sumer, Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, the Akkadian Empire, Assyria, Ancient India, Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, the Islamic Caliphate, and the pre-Columbian civilizations of the Americas. Such institutions were a mixture of debt-slavery, punishment for crime, the enslavement of prisoners of war, child abandonment, and the birth of slave children to slaves."
What I'm actually trying to say is that slavery isn't an 'African thing', as giggleboxforevabby is trying to say, but it is of all ages and races, unfortunately.
I'm pretty sure white isn't a majority anymore.

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Hey Hey Beautiful
I'm pretty sure white isn't a majority anymore.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dedicated Loiterer

Yup. Well said. I find it pretty ludicrous when people make statements like: "We need white pride," or "Men in the developed world are oppressed by women," or "What about straight pride?"

Ruthless Conversationalist

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Tipsy 100
Cant Let This Go
Every month is White History month.

so then every month should be black history month, hispanic history month, asian history month etc.
giggleboxforevabby
Izzy Van Helsing
tadpolily
Izzy Van Helsing
Can we make it clear that you refer to white people in countries like America?

Because in countries like South Africa, white people are treated almost as badly as the blacks were in America in the sixties. Raped, killed, beaten, robbed, etc. People there- wouldn't hurt for them to have a white history month equivalent, and a fight for equality, rights, etc.

Some how I don't believe this is true. Given colonization and apartheid and all

If it weren't true, we wouldn't have had an entire class dedicated to white adversity in South African literature at my University.
And it's a small university.

Yes, they were douchebags when they first came into South Africa, and some still are. But there are black people there who remember this, and retaliate against the white people, by way of rape, theft, assault, etc.

This is true (except that slavery started in africa, slavery existed before the 1400s in all places like Asia and Europe)
The concept of slavery involving racism and degradation of human life didn't start until Europeans began slave trading. That's the biggest difference between the slave trade in Africa and the slave trade in the americas and other places.
And slaves in Africa could also pay off their debt. They weren't just slaves for life.
Either way, I agree with Morgan Freeman.

2. White supremacists and Neo-nazis would exploit this month. (Black Panthers don't exploit black month? What?)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff