Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Just as less as we need a Straight Pride Parade. Or a National Right Handed People Day. It just doesn't make any sense. A majority doesn't need to celebrate anything and over the course of history, a celebration like this would be very politically incorrect. White people don't have to fight for equality. There's an overrepresentation of white people in the media. White people are portrayed as diverse in tv shows and movies and a movie with a white lead is really easy to find. The other ethnicities, however, don't have that luxury. Whenever someone non-white apprears on TV, they immediately are portrayed in a stereotypical role. For black people, this has begun to change, but the other races, we still are forced to fill our stereotypical roles.

White people who don't believe me: turn on your tv, skim through the channels and count the white people. Believe me now?

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Just like how we don't need WET, because we have ABC, as well as DVDs of Friends, Seinfeld, and Full House.

Invisible Phantom

11,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200

Invisible Phantom

11,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200

5,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
we did absolutely nothing but segergate the blacks and the whites! the blacks protested and made rights and stuff like rosa parks sat on the bus and martin lurther king jr. led a march and so on thats y we have a black history month. get ur facts right!!!!
One of the better threads. <3

Invisible Friend

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
This makes a whole lot of sense!

7,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Can we make it clear that you refer to white people in countries like America?

Because in countries like South Africa, white people are treated almost as badly as the blacks were in America in the sixties. Raped, killed, beaten, robbed, etc. People there- wouldn't hurt for them to have a white history month equivalent, and a fight for equality, rights, etc.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Shouldn't we just celebrate the accomplishments we made together, as opposed to singling out individual ethnicities via months? I do agree about not many minority roles getting enough tv time. Although sometimes I notice the same stereotypical roles for white people in predominately minority sitcoms. Black history month sort of reminds me of how people treat Valentines day. Many people think they should only pay special attention to their girl friend/heritage on this day/month, and afterwards stop caring as much. Shouldn't we put more effort into integrating all of those accomplishments through out the year as opposed to only a month?

Quotable Genius

DJ Twissta
Shouldn't we just celebrate the accomplishments we made together, as opposed to singling out individual ethnicities via months? I do agree about not many minority roles getting enough tv time. Although sometimes I notice the same stereotypical roles for white people in predominately minority sitcoms. Black history month sort of reminds me of how people treat Valentines day. Many people think they should only pay special attention to their girl friend/heritage on this day/month, and afterwards stop caring as much. Shouldn't we put more effort into integrating all of those accomplishments through out the year as opposed to only a month?

The idea behind having a white history month (at least in my mind, though I'm not for it) is to eventually work to a month for every general race so everyone can be appreciated. A rainbow effect, if you will.

I'd prefer it if we'd all just hurry up and mix back into white REGULAR light, its easier to see through the dark, bleak future that way. The more we enunciate our differences, the more spread out we will become.

edit: ok, reading some other threads makes me wanna revise this a bit. So I get why BHM in particular is important to america and the horrible truths that still exist, but we'd do better if we could truly get past it all and just be 'human' and not 'race.' But that's just a dream. Due to history between white and black, and the whole organized group dedicated to the power of the Caucasians that still exists, maybe a white history month would be a really bad idea.

Shameless Lunatic

No one is treated equally in the world. I'm white, and I get treated like trash because of that fact. I get called cracker, white b***h, even when I was in school the teachers themselves would make racist comments towards me. There are stereotypes for every race, and everyone has gone through some level of hardship and unequal treatment. Want to know another thing? People assume that I'm racist just because I'm white, which is hypocritical. What about just a history month that focuses on what great people of the past regardless of race, gender, religion, etc that have done wonderful things which have shaped our world today for the better? I don't agree with White History Month, but I don't agree with Black History Month either. Your post doesn't make any sense to me, because I am faced with stereotypical issues as well.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Izzy Van Helsing
Can we make it clear that you refer to white people in countries like America?

Because in countries like South Africa, white people are treated almost as badly as the blacks were in America in the sixties. Raped, killed, beaten, robbed, etc. People there- wouldn't hurt for them to have a white history month equivalent, and a fight for equality, rights, etc.

I'm not saying that South Africa isn't a violent place, or trying to justify the atrocities committed by any individuals there.

But... you do know about Apartheid, right? White people aren't exactly under-represented there, and black people in South Africa are the victms of violent crime just as often.
White History Month happens like every 2 months

Questionable Borg

Bashelia Peppita
Just as less as we need a Straight Pride Parade. Or a National Right Handed People Day. It just doesn't make any sense. A majority doesn't need to celebrate anything and over the course of history, a celebration like this would be very politically incorrect. White people don't have to fight for equality. There's an overrepresentation of white people in the media. White people are portrayed as diverse in tv shows and movies and a movie with a white lead is really easy to find. The other ethnicities, however, don't have that luxury. Whenever someone non-white apprears on TV, they immediately are portrayed in a stereotypical role. For black people, this has begun to change, but the other races, we still are forced to fill our stereotypical roles.

White people who don't believe me: turn on your tv, skim through the channels and count the white people. Believe me now?
As far as I know, there isn't a white history month
Every month is White History month.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas