Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Girl

Dark Portrait
woah chill bro
and racism is practically done away with in every day society now.

I'm going to have to stop you right there. Old-school racism is pretty much done away with. We don't hang black people up in trees for sport anymore. Calling them by that lovely little word that starts with 'n' isn't seen as proper.
But racism is certainly not dead. We're running with racism 2.0 now and, in some ways, it can be even more insidious. Racism isn't on the surface anymore. It's powering the undercurrents.

woah chill bro
Black people nowadays never even actually experienced slavery, yet some feel entitled to special treatment because they're black.
But they DO experience the effects of how our society handled race in the past. They do experience present-day institutional racism.
P.S. Wanting equality != wanting special treatment.
I don't really see that much racism, unless a person of a certain race does something stereotypical or just in general fits a stereotype, then the racist comments come up, but normally it isn't in public because it is considered so wrong. In general, people usually treat eachother as equals, and any kind of racism is severely looked down upon in our society.
In my opinion I think using black people as slaves, whipping them, not letting them have any rights, is a bit worse than today. People of all races will get insulted and picked on for their race, not just black people.

And no, there is a very small amount of black people who legitimately feel like they deserve special treatment. I've heard quite a few accounts.

Lunatic

woah chill bro
I know there are a lot of other special months for other cultures/races, but they hardly get the attention that black history month gets. BHM isn't necessarily about slavery. A lot of other cultures had slaves, and racism is practically done away with in every day society now. Black people nowadays never even actually experienced slavery, yet some feel entitled to special treatment because they're black. Not all do of course, but some do. This is why some white people really dislike black history month, because of the select few black people that are annoying beyond belief and use the slave card for special treatment.

yeah i agree with you 100% thats what actually im trying to tell people
woah chill bro
Dark Portrait
woah chill bro
and racism is practically done away with in every day society now.

I'm going to have to stop you right there. Old-school racism is pretty much done away with. We don't hang black people up in trees for sport anymore. Calling them by that lovely little word that starts with 'n' isn't seen as proper.
But racism is certainly not dead. We're running with racism 2.0 now and, in some ways, it can be even more insidious. Racism isn't on the surface anymore. It's powering the undercurrents.

woah chill bro
Black people nowadays never even actually experienced slavery, yet some feel entitled to special treatment because they're black.
But they DO experience the effects of how our society handled race in the past. They do experience present-day institutional racism.
P.S. Wanting equality != wanting special treatment.
I don't really see that much racism, unless a person of a certain race does something stereotypical or just in general fits a stereotype, then the racist comments come up, but normally it isn't in public because it is considered so wrong. In general, people usually treat eachother as equals, and any kind of racism is severely looked down upon in our society.
In my opinion I think using black people as slaves, whipping them, not letting them have any rights, is a bit worse than today. People of all races will get insulted and picked on for their race, not just black people.

And no, there is a very small amount of black people who legitimately feel like they deserve special treatment. I've heard quite a few accounts.
People, generally, do not find it acceptable to say racist things or act in a racist manner. However, people generally DO say racist things and they DO act in a racist manner. They just aren't aware of what they're doing. We all carry biases and if we don't stop to check them, they tend to influence us. Racism is alive and well. It's why housing discrimination complaints have hit an all-time high. It's why we have potential Republican presidential candidates insinuating that the face of welfare and foodstamp-recipients is black. It's why we see racial disparities in pretty much everything(housing, employment, education, healthcare, wealth).

And there are some white people who feel like they deserve special treatment just for being white.

Desirable Genius

8,500 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Sometimes i wonder myself.
But to me it's just a regular month.. .

Wheezing Girl

Roshia_BecomeOne
woah chill bro
I know there are a lot of other special months for other cultures/races, but they hardly get the attention that black history month gets. BHM isn't necessarily about slavery. A lot of other cultures had slaves, and racism is practically done away with in every day society now. Black people nowadays never even actually experienced slavery, yet some feel entitled to special treatment because they're black. Not all do of course, but some do. This is why some white people really dislike black history month, because of the select few black people that are annoying beyond belief and use the slave card for special treatment.

yeah i agree with you 100% thats what actually im trying to tell people
And the reason why the majority of history people in America learn is about white people, is probably because that's the majority of the people who do live in America. We do talk a lot about the civil war, because that is a huge part of American history. I'm sorry but it's kind of impossible to study about the Civil War and MLK all school year. American history isn't just black history, but we do learn a lot about it.

Noob

10,150 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
Black History Month is a recognition month for Blacks in this world since in the past they were brought to America because of slavery. Due to slavery, they were brought with NO culture, tradition, neither a language. The Whites were very brutal to them since they think they were not human at all. Actually, back then Whites thought they were the "superior" races of all having no respect to other cultures. FYI, the whole America were made by Blacks. For example, Washington D.C. buildings and design were made by them. Another example, the pyramids in Egypt where build by them too. The dimensions are so perfect.

Black History Month = February
Asian Heritage Month = May
Jewish American Month = May
Greek American Heritage Month = March
Irish American Heritage Month = March
Hispanic Heritage Month = September
American Indian Month = November

Hygienic Humorist

7,100 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i think the jews deserve it more cuz thousands of years they suffered worse than any other race and also my people have the shortest month of the year to celebrate our color

Lunatic

Cloudette xD
Black History Month is a recognition month for Blacks in this world since in the past they were brought to America because of slavery. Due to slavery, they were brought with NO culture, tradition, neither a language. The Whites were very brutal to them since they think they were not human at all. Actually, back then Whites thought they were the "superior" races of all having no respect to other cultures. FYI, the whole America were made by Blacks. For example, Washington D.C. buildings and design were made by them. Another example, the pyramids in Egypt where build by them too. The dimensions are so perfect.

not all whites made black people slaves look at Poland,Germany,Russia,Lativa,Norway and so on..they had nothing do so with black slavery and they are white..they did not build pyramids..the Egyptians did...Arabs lol they not black

Noob

10,150 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
Roshia_BecomeOne
Cloudette xD

not all whites made black people slaves look at Poland,Germany,Russia,Lativa,Norway and so on..they had nothing do so with black slavery and they are white..they did not build pyramids..the Egyptians did...Arabs lol they not black

Did they lose their language? Tradition? Culture?
Majority of them don't have their native surnames neither could they speak their native language.
Egypt is in Africa.
Not sure then, since my teacher told me about.

Lunatic

Cloudette xD
Roshia_BecomeOne
Cloudette xD

Majority of them don't have their native surnames neither could they speak their native language.
Egypt is in Africa.

north africa is Arabic they are called White Africa..doesnt mean the continent is called Africa dont mean everyone is black there lol your teacher sucks i just learn about Africa and i told a few Egyptians about this how they built the pyramids cause ive heard of this before ..

Noob

10,150 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
Roshia_BecomeOne
Cloudette xD
Roshia_BecomeOne
Cloudette xD

Egypt is in Africa.

north africa is Arabic they are called White Africa..doesnt mean the continent is called Africa dont mean everyone is black there lol your teacher sucks i just learn about Africa and i told a few Egyptians about this how they built the pyramids cause ive heard of this before ..

Alright, thanks for informing then, sir.

Angelic Blob

Basically this topic is meant to generalize and spread ignorance. And the starter is meant to be taken as intentionally offensive instead of clever.
oyi, wish I had realized that yesterday.

Wheezing Star

15,050 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Crack Shot 50
Wow it seems this topic got out of control fast.
I personally this that black history month is a great thing.
There are alot of people that helped shape America that get very little recognition any other time of year.
I think that every one should have equal rights.
I am personally really stoked that the gay marriage bill just got passed in my state. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff