Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatcat

some examples -

black history month

this can offend black people, because they sometimes feel like black or white
shouldn't come into things, people are people and everyone has a history. (as stated by Morgan freeman) - And then you get people who want a white history month because they feel that its just as valid as far as equality.

The truth is, if you look deep into history, you will probably find lots of races that could have a month dedicated to them because they too have been through hardships - but what is it achieving, isn't it just segregating society even more. There are some critical moments in history when a sect/group has been discriminated against because that's what was deemed 'appropriate at the time' - even in Roman times, poor people were enslaved (slave markets). In Johannesburg (south africa) white people are discriminated against. Other examples are Auschwitz, Native Americans and the Slavery of other countries that are less publicized.

I suppose on the other hand, it is a good opportunity for people to take a month and learn what did happen, for history's sake because seeing the mistakes our ancestors made means that we won't repeat them and we form an opinion for ourselves from an outsiders view.
One of the very few people I've seen who actually understands.

emotion_kirakira
If I wasn't a girl I'd kiss you.

Fatcat

Sister Yuki
One of the very few people I've seen who actually understands.

emotion_kirakira
If I wasn't a girl I'd kiss you.

blaugh
/kiss kiss

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I personally don't give a flying fig about what happened in the past anymore.

I care about the future.

Anyone hung up on the past are morons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas