Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Luvyabooswagg
Xavenge_sevenfoldX
no black history month is not racist otay it reminds us of great ppl in the histry of everyone oaky so git a grip stressed
i find tht in black history month more people begin to be more rascit to me and my friends thinking just becuz we are black we are african-american. IM A CANADIAN LIKE OMFG scream

awww I'm sorry, and yes, it does seem that more people become racist and such during Black History Month, but it's probably just because there's so much going on about blacks that it's raised attentions that usually aren't brought up.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Miss_Hipster
NightMagic6
Miss_Hipster
no. it's not racist. black history month shows the freedom of blacks and how they lived through slavery and no fairness... But white people being racist does take part in this... GAH! this is confusing... i really don't know.

I agree that's it's confusing, thank you for trying. Yes, Black History Month is about the black's history and how they survived through slavery and their freedom, but there were plenty of other people, white skinned or otherwise that should have a month. Why don't the Jewish have a month for surviving the Holocaust?

I know. I guess black is better than jews in this world at this point when everyone made a month about this..

Thank you for you're input <3
NightMagic6
Kim Haruko
Calling someone "black" isn't racist. That would mean callin someone "white" or "brown" is racist too. My African friends call themselves black ...

Calling yourself black, white or brown, (so i've heard) isn't racist, but calling someone else is. Though in some situations, it is acceptable.

In depends on context and culture. I'm sure you live somewhere different to me. Where I am, calling someone else "black" who is actually African isn't offensive.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Kim Haruko
NightMagic6
Kim Haruko
Calling someone "black" isn't racist. That would mean callin someone "white" or "brown" is racist too. My African friends call themselves black ...

Calling yourself black, white or brown, (so i've heard) isn't racist, but calling someone else is. Though in some situations, it is acceptable.

In depends on context and culture. I'm sure you live somewhere different to me. Where I am, calling someone else "black" who is actually African isn't offensive.

Here, some people get offended by being called black by a white and others dont, so it's hard to tell around here. Of course, around here, there are mainly black gangs, weapons included, so that might be a reason to be offended.

Gracious Phantom

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
NightMagic6
My family was talking about racism and we determined that since calling someone 'black' is racist, then that would mean that "Black" History Month is racist as well. This isn't meant to be against blacks, just so that no one reports me or this thread. cat_sweatdrop

Views? Questions? Comments?

I will never understand how calling someone black is racist. It's a descriptive term. I'm going to be blunt. You should call a spade a spade, black is black and white is white. Why bring political correctness into it? To be honest, the only people who use the word black as an insult are total twats anyway. There are much worse words out there than black, why get snotty over it?
NightMagic6
Kim Haruko
NightMagic6
Kim Haruko

Here, some people get offended by being called black by a white and others dont, so it's hard to tell around here. Of course, around here, there are mainly black gangs, weapons included, so that might be a reason to be offended.

Ohh ok. Well I guess in the case of that area, people have to be careful.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Moon-Shadow30
NightMagic6
My family was talking about racism and we determined that since calling someone 'black' is racist, then that would mean that "Black" History Month is racist as well. This isn't meant to be against blacks, just so that no one reports me or this thread. cat_sweatdrop

I will never understand how calling someone black is racist. It's a descriptive term. I'm going to be blunt. You should call a spade a spade, black is black and white is white. Why bring political correctness into it? To be honest, the only people who use the word black as an insult are total twats anyway. There are much worse words out there than black, why get snotty over it?

Good point, thank you!

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Kim Haruko
NightMagic6
Kim Haruko
NightMagic6
Kim Haruko

Ohh ok. Well I guess in the case of that area, people have to be careful.

^.^ Thank you!
NightMagic6
Miss_Hipster
no. it's not racist. black history month shows the freedom of blacks and how they lived through slavery and no fairness... But white people being racist does take part in this... GAH! this is confusing... i really don't know.

I agree that's it's confusing, thank you for trying. Yes, Black History Month is about the black's history and how they survived through slavery and their freedom, but there were plenty of other people, white skinned or otherwise that should have a month. Why don't the Jewish have a month for surviving the Holocaust?

Your welcome, thank you for your intresting thoughts too. biggrin

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Miss_Hipster
NightMagic6
Miss_Hipster

Your welcome, thank you for your intresting thoughts too. biggrin

You're welcome ^.^

Beloved Knight

6,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
NightMagic6

A startling conclusion that actually makes sense.. Ponderous.. ninja

Since it's supposed to be, "African-History Month" you are right.. because it does give disclaimer to a rather racist label.. actual proof that african americans have "SOLD OUT" to the very hatred they are trying to stop..

Who eslse uses the term "******" in anger? Other than a racist.. or a Ignorant african american who saw the racist terms use as a powerful word to hurt anothers african american spirit..

Quite simply put.. The common misconception for African americans is as simple as calling a Native American an Indian.. But Indian has nothing to do with america.. or natives of it.. Cowboy slang ignorance..

Same goes for Black.. Its Simple Ignorance spread so much its now our culture..

Kinda like: Samantha says "Aint that cool?" emotion_awesome
Greg says "Aint!" pauses " Is NOT a word" emotion_donotwant
Entire american populous put it in dictionary.. gaia_crown
Samantha says "Aint we something?" emotion_awesome
Greg knowing the truth.. is swept in the ignorance.. and says "..yeah.. we are..samantha.." emotion_facepalm

-IF YOU FEEL I WHAt I aM TRYING TO SAY QUOTE AND TIP ME IF YA HEAR ME!! ME!!!! emotion_awesome emotion_yatta emotion_bigheart emotion_hug

Beloved Knight

6,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
1tty bitty kitty
So would you consider the term "white" racist?

By principle.. By intellect.. and by Choice.. YES. Its actual caucasion.. if I spelled it correctly.

Not White boy.. white girl.. black man or black girl. There are plenty in origin that look similiar but arent.. So I have to agree.

So this was actuall a thread with purpose and the maker was right to feel that way.. there is no double standard..

and in this case there shouldn't be one either.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Wrath_Knight
NightMagic6

A startling conclusion that actually makes sense.. Ponderous.. ninja

Since it's supposed to be, "African-History Month" you are right.. because it does give disclaimer to a rather racist label.. actual proof that african americans have "SOLD OUT" to the very hatred they are trying to stop..

Who eslse uses the term "******" in anger? Other than a racist.. or a Ignorant african american who saw the racist terms use as a powerful word to hurt anothers african american spirit..

Quite simply put.. The common misconception for African americans is as simple as calling a Native American an Indian.. But Indian has nothing to do with america.. or natives of it.. Cowboy slang ignorance..

Same goes for Black.. Its Simple Ignorance spread so much its now our culture..

Kinda like: Samantha says "Aint that cool?" emotion_awesome
Greg says "Aint!" pauses " Is NOT a word" emotion_donotwant
Entire american populous put it in dictionary.. gaia_crown
Samantha says "Aint we something?" emotion_awesome
Greg knowing the truth.. is swept in the ignorance.. and says "..yeah.. we are..samantha.." emotion_facepalm

-IF YOU FEEL I WHAt I aM TRYING TO SAY QUOTE AND TIP ME IF YA HEAR ME!! ME!!!! emotion_awesome emotion_yatta emotion_bigheart emotion_hug

Sounds good! But I see what you say. Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff