• Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
I love me some turtles~ emotion_donotwant

Invisible Treasure

8,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Object of Affection 150
I have a lot of different color people at my church and we all call each other black or white, make jokes and nobody cares. maybe its because we'er all friends, but idk..
Xavenge_sevenfoldX
no black history month is not racist otay it reminds us of great ppl in the histry of everyone oaky so git a grip stressed
i find tht in black history month more people begin to be more rascit to me and my friends thinking just becuz we are black we are african-american. IM A CANADIAN LIKE OMFG scream

Shirtless Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Nerd 50
Kim Haruko
Calling someone "black" isn't racist. That would mean callin someone "white" or "brown" is racist too. My African friends call themselves black ...

Calling yourself black, white or brown, (so i've heard) isn't racist, but calling someone else is. Though in some situations, it is acceptable.

Shirtless Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Nerd 50
ShinyMew88
I thought Black History Month was meant to honor the significant black figures who helped push America forward. My friend does call himself black (and, at one point in his life, "dark as midnight".)

That is the point of Black History Month, yes, you are right. And it doesn't seem racist for people to call themselves black or colored, brown, white etc.

Shirtless Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Nerd 50
skullcrushergurl
Actually I find "African American" to be most racist. I'm not from Africa.or is my mother. Or grandmother. Or great grandmother. Noone calls white people "European American".

It seems like a lot of people agree with this. As well as myself. My ancestors are from Scotland, but I was born in the USA. I'm not Scottish American, I'm American.

Shirtless Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Nerd 50
Smitten Sakura43
Wow, thats the dumbest thing i have literally ever heard.

No offence to you or your family, but it was the white people who claimed that black people were inferior. Of course this is also a retarded claim.

Therefore black history month is BASICALLY a way of apologizing, because we thought dark skinned people were inferior, all their opinions, thoughts and inventions went down the drain. The day they were free though it all came back into consideration and it was finally time for their ideas, opinions and inventions to be noticed

Hmmm... Apologizing, that's actually a good way to view Black History Month. Thank you very much for your view ^.^
NightMagic6
Miss_Hipster
no. it's not racist. black history month shows the freedom of blacks and how they lived through slavery and no fairness... But white people being racist does take part in this... GAH! this is confusing... i really don't know.

I agree that's it's confusing, thank you for trying. Yes, Black History Month is about the black's history and how they survived through slavery and their freedom, but there were plenty of other people, white skinned or otherwise that should have a month. Why don't the Jewish have a month for surviving the Holocaust?

I know. I guess black is better than jews in this world at this point when everyone made a month about this..

Shirtless Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Nerd 50
ii Press My Buttons ii
I love me some turtles~ emotion_donotwant

awww, yay turtles! emotion_dowant

Shirtless Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Nerd 50
Mayce Aja
I have a lot of different color people at my church and we all call each other black or white, make jokes and nobody cares. maybe its because we'er all friends, but idk..

You're probably right that you're all friends, but it might just be them. They may just not care if someone calls them by their skin color.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games