Welcome to Gaia! ::

no black history month is not racist otay it reminds us of great ppl in the histry of everyone oaky so git a grip stressed

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Xavenge_sevenfoldX
no black history month is not racist otay it reminds us of great ppl in the histry of everyone oaky so git a grip stressed

Thank you for your input ^.^
NightMagic6
Xavenge_sevenfoldX

Thank you for your input ^.^
ur welcome lol
Calling someone "black" isn't racist. That would mean callin someone "white" or "brown" is racist too. My African friends call themselves black ...

2,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
I thought Black History Month was meant to honor the significant black figures who helped push America forward. My friend does call himself black (and, at one point in his life, "dark as midnight".)
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
Kuro Dollie
I don't find it to be racist. Not every black persons ancestor is from Africa so African American isn't always accurate in some peoples cases so being called black is fine. Its just like calling Caucasian people white.
Exactly like i'm black and my parents are from Haiti

Do you find it racist if someone calls you black?
I do because for one i'm not black i'm Caramel and my mother doesn't even look,or speak to being somewhat black and everybody thinks all black people are from Africa which is not at all true. My parents are from Haiti not Africa

Okay, do you know why black people think that white people are being racist if they call them black?
Mainly because they are not black and we take it as an insult when white people say it because it does embarrass us and it's kind of like disrespect. It's been like that since forever.

Wait, so...
It's racist to call someone black, but it's not racist to call someone white, despite white people not being white and black people not being black?

That seems a bit hypocritical to me. I know racism is a thing, but you can't call white people white and expect them not to call black people black.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Actually I find "African American" to be most racist. I'm not from Africa.or is my mother. Or grandmother. Or great grandmother. Noone calls white people "European American".

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Ciara Pastel Sweet
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
NightMagic6

Do you find it racist if someone calls you black?
I do because for one i'm not black i'm Caramel and my mother doesn't even look,or speak to being somewhat black and everybody thinks all black people are from Africa which is not at all true. My parents are from Haiti not Africa

Okay, do you know why black people think that white people are being racist if they call them black?
Mainly because they are not black and we take it as an insult when white people say it because it does embarrass us and it's kind of like disrespect. It's been like that since forever.

Wait, so...
It's racist to call someone black, but it's not racist to call someone white, despite white people not being white and black people not being black?

That seems a bit hypocritical to me. I know racism is a thing, but you can't call white people white and expect them not to call black people black.
I would get offended if I was called "white" if I was "white" i'm not saying that I call "white" people "white" Because I know some of them would get offended too.just like I would get offended if somebody called me "black" and I never said it's not racist to call somebody "white" too some people think it is racist so I don't understand how you just accuse me of saying that in the other conversations I didn't even use the word "white" because the main thing was about "black" people in general and what they think. so I really don't know why you have to bring up anything about "white" people when clearly I didn't say anything against them.And I myself do not call "white' people "white" because I typically know that most likely it will offend them too ^-^

Girl-Crazy Smoker

skullcrushergurl
Actually I find "African American" to be most racist. I'm not from Africa.or is my mother. Or grandmother. Or great grandmother. Noone calls white people "European American".
Agreed!
D0407852
Ciara Pastel Sweet
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852

Wait, so...

I would get offended if I was called "white" if I was "white" i'm not saying that I call "white" people "white" Because I know some of them would get offended too.just like I would get offended if somebody called me "black" and I never said it's not racist to call somebody "white" too some people think it is racist so I don't understand how you just accuse me of saying that in the other conversations I didn't even use the word "white" because the main thing was about "black" people in general and what they think. so I really don't know why you have to bring up anything about "white" people when clearly I didn't say anything against them.And I myself do not call "white' people "white" because I typically know that most likely it will offend them too ^-^

Quote:
we take it as an insult when white people say it

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Ciara Pastel Sweet
D0407852
Ciara Pastel Sweet
D0407852
NightMagic6

Wait, so...

Quote:
Still "white" people take it as an insult if "black" people say "white" also so we're not the only ones. And really you have to make a Mountain out of a Mole Hill? ^-^
D0407852
Ciara Pastel Sweet
D0407852
Ciara Pastel Sweet
D0407852

Wait, so...

Quote:
Still "white" people take it as an insult if "black" people say "white" also so we're not the only ones. And really you have to make a Mountain out of a Mole Hill? ^-^

I don't take being called 'white' as an insult. It's a bit ridiculous to do so. I just thought it was ironic that you think white people calling black people black is racist, yet you were fine with pointing out that it were white people who did so. wink

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Wow, thats the dumbest thing i have literally ever heard.

No offence to you or your family, but it was the white people who claimed that black people were inferior. Of course this is also a retarded claim.

Therefore black history month is BASICALLY a way of apologizing, because we thought dark skinned people were inferior, all their opinions, thoughts and inventions went down the drain. The day they were free though it all came back into consideration and it was finally time for their ideas, opinions and inventions to be noticed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff