Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
bigbootyjewdy

Why did you spam my thread with an image?

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
nursechefricebunny
NightMagic6
My family was talking about racism and we determined that since calling someone 'black' is racist, then that would mean that "Black" History Month is racist as well. This isn't meant to be against blacks, just so that no one reports me or this thread. cat_sweatdrop

Views? Questions? Comments?

Black history month is meant to celebrate the struggles and triumphs of African Americans in America. If that's racist then I guess calling someone white is racist too. But not to be mean 3nodding

I've always been told that calling someone black is racist, so I guess, calling someone white is racist as well.

Thank you for your information ^.^

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Chibi Nerd
Since when did it become racist to say black people?

I've always heard that it's racists. Do you think so?

Dapper Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
NightMagic6
Chibi Nerd

Um..no. Saying Black people is not racist its all in how you say what you say. I'm black not a ******** African American. I have never been to African nor has any of my family.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Chibi Nerd
NightMagic6
Chibi Nerd

Um..no. Saying Black people is not racist its all in how you say what you say. I'm black not a ******** African American. I have never been to African nor has any of my family.

Then you'd be an American. I've never liked the African-American crap.... It just doesn't seem right for the whole.
NightMagic6
nursechefricebunny
NightMagic6
My family was talking about racism and we determined that since calling someone 'black' is racist, then that would mean that "Black" History Month is racist as well. This isn't meant to be against blacks, just so that no one reports me or this thread. cat_sweatdrop

Views? Questions? Comments?

Black history month is meant to celebrate the struggles and triumphs of African Americans in America. If that's racist then I guess calling someone white is racist too. But not to be mean 3nodding

I've always been told that calling someone black is racist, so I guess, calling someone white is racist as well.

Thank you for your information ^.^

4laugh glad to be of service to ya gov'na 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

Dangerous Lunatic

my whole take, as a black guy, on black history month is this

it's just a way for us niggers to toot our own horns because some guy decades ago invented peanut butter and traffic lights and etc. If white people wanted to make a white history month, it would be racist, and I dont like the double standard. I've never heard of anyone say that calling someone black is racist. In my opinion, racism is the hatred of a person or group because of their race. I don't see how calling me black means you hate me or anything like that. I mean, if you dont call me black how else will you define me? African American? I'm sorry, my ancestors did not come from Africa, (well, maybe at one point long long LONG ago.)..either way, who the HELL cares??

Please keep in mind everyone has their own opinions as to what they think racism is, and you can't say a whole group feels a certain way about this or that because one guy goes on TV and says so.

Interesting Seeker

my take on this is, out of ALL the months Black History Month is on the shortest.
I also think that, as a black young lady, is that why do we only have one month why can't we just celebrate every race invention, achievements, and discoveries.

I'm kinda glad it is celebrated but, it looks like we get one month then its back to learning about white people and i don't like that. We should have a Greatest Inventions and Achievement Month or something dedicated to all inventors of America.

I understand that other relatives marched for us and everything but, what I'm seeing now is even the black kids in my school don't really like Black History Month.

I rather be called black than, that coloured kid or the N word, now-a-days white people say it to other white people. I think its losing its meaning. It's weird.

heart
no. it's not racist. black history month shows the freedom of blacks and how they lived through slavery and no fairness... But white people being racist does take part in this... GAH! this is confusing... i really don't know.
Black history month is not racist. It thanks african americans like Rosa Parks and Martin Luthor king for freeing the slaves. burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes wink wink wink wink wink
idk in my mind i think blacks think thats their word "Black" and if we say it , were being racist.
I Have no idea why White people do not get offended when ppl call us white unless white is the only word used, Some say White Trash then we can say they are being racist.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
freshtodeath15
Black history month is not racist. It thanks african americans like Rosa Parks and Martin Luthor king for freeing the slaves. burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes wink wink wink wink wink

I agree, thank you for you input ^.^

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
InteractiveMe
idk in my mind i think blacks think thats their word "Black" and if we say it , were being racist.
I Have no idea why White people do not get offended when ppl call us white unless white is the only word used, Some say White Trash then we can say they are being racist.

That's how I've always seen it, that calling someone "black" is racist and I've seen it that way my whole life. Thank you!

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Miss_Hipster
no. it's not racist. black history month shows the freedom of blacks and how they lived through slavery and no fairness... But white people being racist does take part in this... GAH! this is confusing... i really don't know.

I agree that's it's confusing, thank you for trying. Yes, Black History Month is about the black's history and how they survived through slavery and their freedom, but there were plenty of other people, white skinned or otherwise that should have a month. Why don't the Jewish have a month for surviving the Holocaust?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff