• Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
Okay, I was born and raised in America, but let's say I was born and rasied in......idk, China....but for whatever reason I now call America my home, I wouldn't want to be called American, because I'm not.

But would you be a citizen of America? Or would you still be a citizen of China?
I'd be a citizen of America, but that doesn't mean America is my home.

But it would be correct to call you American, even if your not originally from America.
No, it wouldn't be. Because I'm not American, I'm Chinese.

You would be a citizen of America which would mean you are an American even though you are originally from China. You'd look Chinese, but you don't live in China anymore.
Her nationality would be American, her race would still be Chinese. So she could very well prefer to be identified by her race instead of her nationality, or vice versa, and neither would be technically incorrect.

Questionable Borg

NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
Okay, I was born and raised in America, but let's say I was born and rasied in......idk, China....but for whatever reason I now call America my home, I wouldn't want to be called American, because I'm not.

But would you be a citizen of America? Or would you still be a citizen of China?

But it would be correct to call you American, even if your not originally from America.

You would be a citizen of America which would mean you are an American even though you are originally from China. You'd look Chinese, but you don't live in China anymore.
No, I would still be Chinese, because China is my home. I don't care if I live in the US permanetly or not, China is my home.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity

No, I would still be Chinese, because China is my home. I don't care if I live in the US permanetly or not, China is my home.

Would you accept it if people called you Chinese-American?

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Magnes V
Her nationality would be American, her race would still be Chinese. So she could very well prefer to be identified by her race instead of her nationality, or vice versa, and neither would be technically incorrect.

But if someone doesn't know she'd be prefered to be called Chinese, and called her American, does she have the right to get upset if they didn't know?

Questionable Borg

NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity

If I had too.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity

If I had too.

But if someone didn't know you'd prefer to be called chinese, and someone called you american, would you get offended?

Questionable Borg

NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity

If I had too.

But if someone didn't know you'd prefer to be called chinese, and someone called you american, would you get offended?
Judging from the way I look, I don't think anyone would make that mistake.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity

If I had too.

But maybe they aren't seeing you?

Questionable Borg

NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity

If I had too.

Maybe. I suppose it would all really matter on who it was, as well.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
NightMagic6
Mayor Gravity
If I had too.

Maybe. I suppose it would all really matter on who it was, as well.

Alright, thank you for your questions, answer, support and otherwise ^.^
NightMagic6
My family was talking about racism and we determined that since calling someone 'black' is racist, then that would mean that "Black" History Month is racist as well. This isn't meant to be against blacks, just so that no one reports me or this thread. cat_sweatdrop

Views? Questions? Comments?

Black history month is meant to celebrate the struggles and triumphs of African Americans in America. If that's racist then I guess calling someone white is racist too. But not to be mean 3nodding

2,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
NightMagic6
My family was talking about racism and we determined that since calling someone 'black' is racist, then that would mean that "Black" History Month is racist as well. This isn't meant to be against blacks, just so that no one reports me or this thread. cat_sweatdrop

Views? Questions? Comments?

happy black history month!

Dapper Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
Since when did it become racist to say black people?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff