Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
My family was talking about racism and we determined that since calling someone 'black' is racist, then that would mean that "Black" History Month is racist as well. This isn't meant to be against blacks, just so that no one reports me or this thread. cat_sweatdrop

Views? Questions? Comments?
I don't find it to be racist. Not every black persons ancestor is from Africa so African American isn't always accurate in some peoples cases so being called black is fine. Its just like calling Caucasian people white.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Kuro Dollie
I don't find it to be racist. Not every black persons ancestor is from Africa so African American isn't always accurate in some peoples cases so being called black is fine. Its just like calling Caucasian people white.

I also don't understand the "African American" because, yes, not everyone has ancesters from Africa, so shouldn't they just be called "American"? No matter the color of your skin or who your ancestors are, you're still American. I'm not called a Scottish American because most of my ancestors are from Scotland. Do you see what I'm saying?
NightMagic6
Kuro Dollie

I also don't understand the "African American" because, yes, not everyone has ancesters from Africa, so shouldn't they just be called "American"? No matter the color of your skin or who your ancestors are, you're still American. I'm not called a Scottish American because most of my ancestors are from Scotland. Do you see what I'm saying?

I agree. But it isn't racist calling people white or black. If u are an American citizen you are American smile

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Kuro Dollie
NightMagic6
Kuro Dollie

I agree. But it isn't racist calling people white or black. If u are an American citizen you are American smile

Alright, Thank you! (btw, I love your avy!)

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Kuro Dollie
Exactly like i'm black and my parents are from Haiti

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
D0407852
Kuro Dollie

Do you find it racist if someone a stranger calls you black?
Edited

Girl-Crazy Smoker

NightMagic6
D0407852
Kuro Dollie

Do you find it racist if someone calls you black?
I do because for one i'm not black i'm Caramel and my mother doesn't even look,or speak to being somewhat black and everybody thinks all black people are from Africa which is not at all true. My parents are from Haiti not Africa

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
Kuro Dollie

I do because for one i'm not black i'm Caramel and my mother doesn't even look,or speak to being somewhat black and everybody thinks all black people are from Africa which is not at all true. My parents are from Haiti not Africa

Okay, do you know why black people think that white people are being racist if they call them black?

Girl-Crazy Smoker

NightMagic6
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
Kuro Dollie

Okay, do you know why black people think that white people are being racist if they call them black?
Mainly because they are not black and we take it as an insult when white people say it because it does embarrass us and it's kind of like disrespect. It's been like that since forever.

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
Kuro Dollie

Mainly because they are not black and we take it as an insult when white people say it because it does embarrass us and it's kind of like disrespect. It's been like that since forever.

Then how do you avoid making the mistake of calling someone black when they dont call themselves black, like yourself?

Girl-Crazy Smoker

NightMagic6
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
NightMagic6

Then how do you avoid making the mistake of calling someone black when they dont call themselves black, like yourself?
I always ask them for there name first

Shirtless Gaian

11,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hellraiser 500
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
NightMagic6
D0407852
NightMagic6

I always ask them for there name first

.-. How does that help?

Distinct Prophet

NightMagic6
My family was talking about racism and we determined that since calling someone 'black' is racist, then that would mean that "Black" History Month is racist as well. This isn't meant to be against blacks, just so that no one reports me or this thread. cat_sweatdrop

Views? Questions? Comments?

It is racist.

Just like Affirmative Action programs.

Just like HBCUs.

Just like the NAACP.

Any organization dedicated to the support and uplifting of one race is racist. And ignorant.

Rainbow Ladykiller

So would you consider the term "white" racist?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff