Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Ai x Luna
JapanUnderground
Ai x Luna
Yes, I respect blacks. Yes, I respect whites. Yes, I respect all.

No, I do not think a month should be dedicated to them.

I feel that we are ALL important no matter who did what. The truth is, there are so many people of so many different races that have done so many things that hell...

HUMAN HISTORY MONTH. heart

Though that would be nice, it's just nice to know you're being appreciated somewhere on some points.
It's like... if you had a boyfriend/husband who didn't make the attempt to give you stuff on Valentine's Day.
Or if he didn't celebrate your anniversary with you.
Or, if he doesn't say he loves you.
Regardless of those things not being done for you, he still dearly love you.
But, how would you know, if he didn't show it?

Besides, most people have things that are famous days, but they just don't hold that meaning anymore.
Halloween, The Day of the Dead is what it was used to be called, is a holiday inspired off the traditions of Mexicans and many others around the world which honored the dead.
St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving, and more all all things coming from different races and people.
In fact, Black History Month was one of the last things to majorly come up on calender as far as races go.
It's just a thing as a reminder to people.
Besides, if you live in the US, it's a melting pot.
We all still get appreciated throughout the year.

Nono, I do agree with you.

But why not appreciate it all the time rather then dedicate only a month?

We cannot force people to appreciate it the whole way through.
If so, they'd be no better than the people who forced slavery.
There are some who do and some who don't.
But, just because it isn't on the calender like so, doesn't mean it's not appreciated strongly in someone's life.
People go through celebrating their culture everyday.
That doesn't just go for Black History Month, but everything.

Feral Friend

JapanUnderground
Ai x Luna
JapanUnderground
Ai x Luna

I feel that we are ALL important no matter who did what. The truth is, there are so many people of so many different races that have done so many things that hell...

Though that would be nice, it's just nice to know you're being appreciated somewhere on some points.
It's like... if you had a boyfriend/husband who didn't make the attempt to give you stuff on Valentine's Day.
Or if he didn't celebrate your anniversary with you.
Or, if he doesn't say he loves you.
Regardless of those things not being done for you, he still dearly love you.
But, how would you know, if he didn't show it?

Besides, most people have things that are famous days, but they just don't hold that meaning anymore.
Halloween, The Day of the Dead is what it was used to be called, is a holiday inspired off the traditions of Mexicans and many others around the world which honored the dead.
St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving, and more all all things coming from different races and people.
In fact, Black History Month was one of the last things to majorly come up on calender as far as races go.
It's just a thing as a reminder to people.
Besides, if you live in the US, it's a melting pot.
We all still get appreciated throughout the year.

Nono, I do agree with you.

But why not appreciate it all the time rather then dedicate only a month?

We cannot force people to appreciate it the whole way through.
If so, they'd be no better than the people who forced slavery.
There are some who do and some who don't.
But, just because it isn't on the calender like so, doesn't mean it's not appreciated strongly in someone's life.
People go through celebrating their culture everyday.
That doesn't just go for Black History Month, but everything.

I still can dream.

Liberal Codger

sukiyuna
Ayamae Akahana
Ai x Luna

I agree totally with this.

I also love how someone suggested that this was an idea based in white privilege. If that's true, then why the hell does Morgan Freeman believe that this month is bogus, too?

Certain people are keeping themselves down, it's not anyone's fault but theirs.

Morgan Freeman is not the emperor of black people. He's a "pleasing man who is paid to say pleasing things". It's also worth mentioning that he operates with a certain amount of privilege due to his celebrity status and grand acceptance in Hollywood. I'm not sure why anyone takes him seriously anymore.

I never said he was emperor of the black people. Also, it's not like he was born to privilege, his mother was a teacher and his father was a barber. It's not like he was rolling in cash as he grew up.

Point being here, that people hold themselves back. They think "Oh, I"ll never amount to anything, so I'll sell drugs and live off welfare for the rest of my life." and that is NOT the fault of other people of a different race, that is their fault entirely for not transcending their circumstances, for not making the most of their education, for not making better choices.

I am sick of being made to pay for other people's dumbass stupidity because of the color of my skin.

Timid Hellraiser

12,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
Ayamae Akahana
sukiyuna
Ayamae Akahana
Ai x Luna

I also love how someone suggested that this was an idea based in white privilege. If that's true, then why the hell does Morgan Freeman believe that this month is bogus, too?

Morgan Freeman is not the emperor of black people. He's a "pleasing man who is paid to say pleasing things". It's also worth mentioning that he operates with a certain amount of privilege due to his celebrity status and grand acceptance in Hollywood. I'm not sure why anyone takes him seriously anymore.

I never said he was emperor of the black people. Also, it's not like he was born to privilege, his mother was a teacher and his father was a barber. It's not like he was rolling in cash as he grew up.

Point being here, that people hold themselves back. They think "Oh, I"ll never amount to anything, so I'll sell drugs and live off welfare for the rest of my life." and that is NOT the fault of other people of a different race, that is their fault entirely for not transcending their circumstances, for not making the most of their education, for not making better choices.

I am sick of being made to pay for other people's dumbass stupidity because of the color of my skin.

Freeman wasn't born into it, but NOW he operates with it. As one of the most visible and respected black celebrities at the moment, he's well aware of the power of words especially when those words are used in favor of a messed up system.

I'M sick and tired of people quoting the bullcrap he spouted in that interview like it somehow invalidates the opinions of other blacks everywhere.

I'M sick and tired of people who are not affected by racism and were not born in the hood, repeating bullshit "bootstraps bootstraps 'If I was a Young Black Boy/Girl/Whatever in the Hood, I Would-,". You don't know. You aren't affected. Stop pretending that what happens to the people who live there truly affects you. It doesn't.

I'M sick and tired of people thinking that minorities are somehow always blaming them for our problems. It's not you, it's the system, but if your thoughts and opinions support this unfair system then best BELIEVE you're going to get caught in the gunfire.

I'M sick and tired of people blaming minorities for being oppressed. You know, because people have a choice to be oppressed or not. It has nothing to do with the fact that Racism as an Institution affects people and changes their reality. No. Because we all live in a post-racial land with bubblegum and lemon drops. Those people in the hood are just DETERMINED to make life so much harder for the rest of us.

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
That's a peaceful, but extremely unrealistic opinion. As long as we're different in any way, there's always going to be prejudice. The only way for it to stop is for everyone to be the same race, have the same opinons, and the same religion. But knowing the way most of the human race is, they'll find something or another to pinpoint about. I'm not saying it's true, but it's my personal opinion, that prejudice will always be around.

Liberal Codger

sukiyuna
Ayamae Akahana
sukiyuna
Ayamae Akahana
Ai x Luna

Freeman wasn't born into it, but NOW he operates with it. As one of the most visible and respected black celebrities at the moment, he's well aware of the power of words especially when those words are used in favor of a messed up system.

I'M sick and tired of people quoting the bullcrap he spouted in that interview like it somehow invalidates the opinions of other blacks everywhere.

I'M sick and tired of people who are not affected by racism and were not born in the hood, repeating bullshit "bootstraps bootstraps 'If I was a Young Black Boy/Girl/Whatever in the Hood, I Would-,". You don't know. You aren't affected. Stop pretending that what happens to the people who live there truly affects you. It doesn't.

I'M sick and tired of people thinking that minorities are somehow always blaming them for our problems. It's not you, it's the system, but if your thoughts and opinions support this unfair system then best BELIEVE you're going to get caught in the gunfire.

I'M sick and tired of people blaming minorities for being oppressed. You know, because people have a choice to be oppressed or not. It has nothing to do with the fact that Racism as an Institution affects people and changes their reality. No. Because we all live in a post-racial land with bubblegum and lemon drops. Those people in the hood are just DETERMINED to make life so much harder for the rest of us.

You think I know nothing about the hood? You're funny. I've got relatives and friends there, good friends. I visit them. And do you know what I hear? All their other friends coming over and talking about how they're on welfare. They're on welfare, but they have their hair and nails done, and all the while, their baby is barefoot and has no coat.

There are those that abuse the system, and I agree, it is ******** up, because it gives people like them money. People who haven't tried to work honestly, and you cannot tell me that there isn't honest work out there for people in the hood, because there is. My aunt and cousins all live in the hood, and all of them found work through a temp agency. It's not the best work, but it is work.

As for this minorities thing, spare me. The whites are now the minority. Blacks, Latinos, everyone considered a minority are now the majority.

The truth is that we are all people, and there are assholes and non-assholes.

Witty Shapeshifter

10,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Wheres the Internet History month? Such a large accomplishment deserves a holiday.

Feral Friend

Celestia_Venus
That's a peaceful, but extremely unrealistic opinion. As long as we're different in any way, there's always going to be prejudice. The only way for it to stop is for everyone to be the same race, have the same opinons, and the same religion. But knowing the way most of the human race is, they'll find something or another to pinpoint about. I'm not saying it's true, but it's my personal opinion, that prejudice will always be around.

Ah, I never said anything about no prejudice being around.

I am merely saying it is the way it should be.

Not that it is.

Feral Friend

TwT-Nafa-TwT
Wheres the Internet History month? Such a large accomplishment deserves a holiday.

4SRS

Witty Shapeshifter

10,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Ai x Luna
TwT-Nafa-TwT

4SRS

For cereal.

Timid Hellraiser

12,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
Ayamae Akahana
sukiyuna
Ayamae Akahana
sukiyuna
Ayamae Akahana
Ai x Luna

You think I know nothing about the hood? You're funny. I've got relatives and friends there, good friends. I visit them. And do you know what I hear? All their other friends coming over and talking about how they're on welfare. They're on welfare, but they have their hair and nails done, and all the while, their baby is barefoot and has no coat.

There are those that abuse the system, and I agree, it is ******** up, because it gives people like them money. People who haven't tried to work honestly, and you cannot tell me that there isn't honest work out there for people in the hood, because there is. My aunt and cousins all live in the hood, and all of them found work through a temp agency. It's not the best work, but it is work.

As for this minorities thing, spare me. The whites are now the minority. Blacks, Latinos, everyone considered a minority are now the majority.

The truth is that we are all people, and there are assholes and non-assholes.

There's a difference between 'visiting' the hood and living in it. And that isn't true for everyone living in the hood and on Section 8 and never has been. And examples like "My (insert relative/friend) live in the hood and Y." are not representative of the situation for everybody in the hood. The only truth is that people do the best they know how and personally, I wouldn't scorn anyone for that especially since I know how it can be.

Whites are the minority? Please. But let me entertain the idea that they are, just for a moment. Whites are the minority, but somehow end up owning the majority and being represented everywhere ever?

Seems legit.

I agree, we're all people, but we're just not all treated like people.

Muggle.

apusTaurus's Partner

Dapper Tycoon

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
As an African American to me, for Black History Month, they don't really do too much.
I mean like, at my school, it was about mid-Feburary and that's when they started talking about it.
Which made me laugh.
I won't say I don't care so much, because I'm proud of my people's accomplishments.
It's just, if they are going to make a big fuss about it,
Then they should actually do something.
Have some kinda parade or something.
Because saying, "Well, this month is Black History Month" and not doing s**t about it.
What's the point man?
Yes and kind of no. If people want to celebrate their race, their accomplishments, what their people have done, ect.... they could find it on their own time. If there was to be a month for everybody it should be a UN Day. I did that in primary,elementary, and only one grade in middle school. One of the days of school all the kids would dress up on where they were from and brought in different types of dishes. In the primary and elementary we would learn about different cultures by trying out the food and playing different games. I don't think we need history months where different races/ cultures are always seem to be celebrated more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff