Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Fatcat

9,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
He'd cry in shame of us. :/
Y U Other black people no be respectable?

Edit: I'm black too ._.

Dangerous Visionary

The Boondocks called and wants you to quit. Also not all Blacks are bad and I considering there's a Black President. I think MLK, Rosa, and X would all be quite happy.

2,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Aw, hey, now! Most black people are respectable and decent people, but like with any group, only the most awful and outrageous people get attention, which means that us normal, quiet folk have to sit back and be misrepresented by the crazy, unfortunate caricatures that reflect poorly on how the major portion of the group behaves. You could say the same thing about any group, though. Hispanics, Asians, Christians, Atheists, the list goes on...

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

Perhaps take a course in sociology and learn the intersections of class and race.
I am going to assume you are being classist more than racist, but I guess you can be both.
There are so many stereotypical black people at my school, and then make fun of me because I act "white".

I guess actually listening in class and doing my homework is a white people thing, now. ._.

Not all black people are bad though o:

Dapper Fatcat

9,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Nyji
There are so many stereotypical black people at my school, and then make fun of me because I act "white".
I guess actually listening in class and doing my homework is a white people thing, now. ._.

Story of my life.

Dapper Fatcat

9,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Miss-dark8607
The Boondocks called and wants you to quit. Also not all Blacks are bad and I considering there's a Black President. I think MLK, Rosa, and X would all be quite happy.

The boondocks are one of the worst ._.
MLK fought to stop discrimination.
The "n" word is a discriminatory term.
Most blacks use it the same way anyone else would say "man" or "bro"
Hell, It offends me, my dad grew up with that s**t. And you ask someone to "Please not use that word around me" They get offended as s**t and start going on about how "I'M BLACK IT'S OKAY IF I SAY IT"
Only place I can go to meet some respectable black people /who aren't family/ is Church. Gotta love 'dem church folk.

Shy Seraph

OverIy Epux
Nyji

Story of my life.

story of my life too. MLK would cry a little, but the he'd be like YES A HALF BLACK PRESIDENT.
and i dont take the n word offensively at all. i dont use it though o:

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
wow wtf. There are many black folks doing well for themselves!
Condeleeza Rice
Colin Powell
Herman Cain
Oprah
I've also seen countless black lawyers, doctors and many others! The media just focuses on the ignorant poor black folks.

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Miss-dark8607
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

No. I think they would be disappointed at how many black people go around acting like fools. Not all black people go around and disrespect not only other people and their-selves. I know some black people that honestly hate being black because of the negativity it holds.

I am Hispanic (and I have African roots).

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image
Chikorita123
OverIy Epux
Nyji

Story of my life.

story of my life too. MLK would cry a little, but the he'd be like YES A HALF BLACK PRESIDENT.

I use the N word sometimes, but if someone around me doesn't like it, I stop o:

Shy Seraph

Nyji
Chikorita123
OverIy Epux
Nyji

Story of my life.

were im from alot of black people use it as a greeting like "hello" or it has the same meaning as bro. the only reason i dont use it is because im not the type of person to say bad words....which is weird, because i dont consider the word bad. i also dont care anything about negative black stereotypes.

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Chikorita123
Nyji
Chikorita123
OverIy Epux
Nyji

Story of my life.

were im from alot of black people use it as a greeting like "hello" or it has the same meaning as bro. the only reason i dont use it is because im not the type of person to say bad words....which is weird, because i dont consider the word bad. i also dont care anything about negative black stereotypes.
User Image

The thing is a derogatory word.

I can call a sack of crap a rose all I want. But does that make the sack of crap a rose?

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

Shy Seraph

Gio Gio Star
Chikorita123
Nyji
Chikorita123
OverIy Epux
Nyji

Story of my life.

User Image

The thing is a derogatory word.

I can call a sack of crap a rose all I want. But does that make the sack of crap a rose?

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

in your eye, wouldnt the sack of crap be a rose? in another person's eye, the sack of crap is a sack of crap.
and wouldnt something be derogatory only if you proved it right?

Steadfast Protector

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Bubble Pop Elec-Trick
Aw, hey, now! Most black people are respectable and decent people, but like with any group, only the most awful and outrageous people get attention, which means that us normal, quiet folk have to sit back and be misrepresented by the crazy, unfortunate caricatures that reflect poorly on how the major portion of the group behaves. You could say the same thing about any group, though. Hispanics, Asians, Christians, Atheists, the list goes on...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff