Welcome to Gaia! ::

emotion_bigheart
I just recently remembered that this month is Black history month. Frankly, I don't see anything special about it. You don't really need a single month to celebrate the accomplishments of a nationality. That goes for all ethnic groups. If you celebrate it everyday, then you really love your people.

Personally, I don't like nor care for black people and I feel that I can because of my history with them. I am African American and all my life I have had nothing but terrible thing happen to me by blacks. I have had other races as well do terrible things to me as well, but the mass majority is black. I am scared of them and I try to avoid them at most cost. I hate being black to be honest and I wish I weren't.

I get sick of hearing about what white people owe blacks. It's really annoying. I don't care, I wasn't living back then and I wasn't a slave. Really, my great great grandfather was an overseer on a plantation.

I don't hate black people, I really don't. Some of the black people I know are very funny, but they aren't like most. Stereotypes are even an issue. I don't think you should base someone on stereotypes. I'm not a fan of anything grape flavored, I hardly eat watermelon ( Due to puking it up at a young age), I love chicken sure, but who doesn't like friend chicken? : / I can't braid, I have my real nails, I do have to perm my hair, but it's thick and gross, I don't yell or anything like that. I get called an oreo all the time. Most blacks are like that.

Bottom line. I don't think you should have a single month to celebrate something when you should do it all your life...

Interesting Friend

8,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
Me either. neutral

Hygienic Humorist

7,100 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i think the jews deserve it more since they've suffered more worse than any other race for thousands of years
I kinda agree with you there. I mean, I don't think any African Americans were burned in chambers or gassed, but then again if they had the means too, they would.

I just think we should all be happy about being alive and being all accepted as one culture. I see everyone the same, no different.

Anxious Girl

I completely forgot it was Black History Month until I saw this forum.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Your post is just sad. You cant change who you are, may as well embrace it.
Not saying I don't embrace it. I can't change how I was born, and no one should ever feel like they should be different in their body. I am basically saying we shouldn't just celebrate history for one month out of the year. We should do it year around.

I may not like being black, but that doesn't mean I am not embracing it. I am, I just don't like being group with the bad bunch and people assume I am like them = - = One bad apple spoils the whole bunch and that's for every race.

Angelic Blob

xX J-Hustle Xx
i think the jews deserve it more since they've suffered more worse than any other race for thousands of years

Ethnic holidays are not about 'who deserves whatever more'.
Based on your comment, you would say the same thing with a different ethnicity regardless.
Everyone deserves a right to their own opinion.

Generous Bunny

That's exactly how I see it.
            I don't see the need for a whole month of celebration and recognition.
            But, good god, if you say that, you're suddenly racist.
            I don't think any race needs a month of it. Be proud every day you wake up.
I don't really understand black history month. Why does it have to be taught for a month? It should be integrated with the rest of the school curriculum anyway.

It's like women's history month. We should be learning about these things regularly. Why set aside only one month for it? Just teach it along with the rest of the history lessons.

Angelic Blob

SandalwoodIncense
I don't really understand black history month. Why does it have to be taught for a month? It should be integrated with the rest of the school curriculum anyway.

It's like women's history month. We should be learning about these things regularly. Why set aside only one month for it? Just teach it along with the rest of the history lessons.
Ask your teacher
pfft

Magical Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I agree with you so much. Hell, I'm even writing a paper on the African American "point system" people tend to set up whenever I'm around. I've been called oreo, I've even just been called white. I also don't understand why Black History Month(in my experiences) has been just about making white people feel bad about something they didn't do and something their ancestors may or may not have done. neutral
Natulcien the Shifter

emotion_bigheart I personally think this month is a way for black people to just act out and do things that they normally wouldn't do and it be accepted because it's Black History month. Seriously? I mean come on, if anything black people to me take racism way to serious. I have been called the N word before and I laugh at it. I'm not ignorant so for someone to call me that makes me laugh my butt off. I call people ( of any race) the n word if I think they are being stupid or are stupid. I just think they go way to overboard with it. Yeah, your ancestors were slaves, but that doesn't mean hold a grudge with the people that did nothing to you. Mexicans were slaves to the Spanish and they don't hold grudges. Natives and Blacks both enslaved their own people, but it doesn't count? I could go on and on about it, but know most blacks, they will find a way to just go around the fact that their own people sold them in to slavery.

I just don't see why things have to become about race. and it's only this month. Other months that have something like this don't do anything like that or act out. I just think blacks take this a little too far for me. I know you can be proud of your history and that is something wonderful. As for me, I don't really care. The only thing I look forward to this month is V-day and the end of this month... that's it. It's just to much....

I rambled @- @;;; It's just a topic that makes me upset and I get sick of hearing about it. I know racism is still out there, but I don't really have to worry about it. If you sound yourself with people that aren't like that or you don't take it seriously then you will be fine. That goes for a races..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff