Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's like..nobody is really better than anybody else color wise. It's not like certain skin colors give u super powers or something xD I don't get it. Didn't get it when I encountered racism at a younger age and still don't get it now. Hm. I kinda want a racist person to explain to me why one race is better than any other, skin color wise o: I got nothin.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Do you have anything you're proud of that no one else is? Like... Let's see... Dreads. Not everyone has dreads, you're proud you have them, yeah? Do you ever feel like someone without dreads should get dreads?

Gaming, you like being a gamer. Do you feel proud to be a gamer and people who hate on video games have a problem? Just apply it to anything you're proud of that other people don't do/have and you probably understand a racist.

If you understand prejudice or bigotry, you understand racism.
Different...Very.
Do you have anything you're proud of that no one else is? Like... Let's see... Dreads. Not everyone has dreads, you're proud you have them, yeah? Do you ever feel like someone without dreads should get dreads?

Gaming, you like being a gamer. Do you feel proud to be a gamer and people who hate on video games have a problem? Just apply it to anything you're proud of that other people don't do/have and you probably understand a racist.

But it's skin color. O.o and features I guess. It's silly..I'm proud of those things but I dnt feel that I'm better than anyone..

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
like duuuuuudddee
Different...Very.

But it's skin color. O.o and features I guess. It's silly..I'm proud of those things but I dnt feel that I'm better than anyone..

Ok... do you understand stereotypes? If a guy is wearing a letter jacket, buff, tan, holding a football, what do you think?

If you see someone in a business suit with a briefcase, what do you think?

If you see someone with long a** polished nails, too-tight clothing, gold teeth, a brick-hard updo, what do you think?

If you see someone with glasses, button-up shirt and pocket protector, what do you think?

If you understand stereotypes, you understand racism.
Different...Very.
like duuuuuudddee
Different...Very.

Ok... do you understand stereotypes? If a guy is wearing a letter jacket, buff, tan, holding a football, what do you think?

If you see someone with long a** polished nails, too-tight clothing, gold teeth, a brick-hard updo, what do you think?

If you see someone with glasses, button-up shirt and pocket protector, what do you think?

So if I think someone is such and such based on what they look like, I can hatea certain race or races because of the color of skin they were born with? That's kinda dumb sad

Sparkly Shapeshifter

I understand racism. But I dont think it's justified.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
like duuuuuudddee
Different...Very.
like duuuuuudddee
Different...Very.

So if I think someone is such and such based on what they look like, I can hatea certain race or races because of the color of skin they were born with? That's kinda dumb sad

Oh now see, I was just trying to get you to understand what it comes from, not why it's acceptable, because it isn't lol. People have seen people in this color doing this thing, so they begin to hate the package it tends to come in.

You see this....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And you're like, "Oh s**t I'm about to die unless I run away from it!!!"
But then it says, "Nooo don't run! I'm only a toy with tasty candy insiiiiiide!"

But it's too late, the previous grenades have always blown up when the pin is pulled and people have died, so before analyzing the package, you have your preconceived notion and thus save yourself the trouble.

It's like that. Racism is the negative aspect of stereotypes.
Call Me Apple
I understand racism. But I dont think it's justified.
Different...Very.
like duuuuuudddee
Different...Very.
like duuuuuudddee
Different...Very.

Oh now see, I was just trying to get you to understand what it comes from, not why it's acceptable, because it isn't lol. People have seen people in this color doing this thing, so they begin to hate the package it tends to come in.

You see this....
And you're like, "Oh s**t I'm about to die unless I run away from it!!!"
But then it says, "Nooo don't run! I'm only a toy with tasty candy insiiiiiide!"

But it's too late, the previous grenades have always blown up when the pin is pulled and people have died, so before analyzing the package, you have your preconceived notion and thus save yourself the trouble.

It's like that. Racism is the negative aspect of stereotypes.

Ok that makes sense now.

Hygienic Humorist

7,100 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers