Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hoarder

R3VELATIONS
Belock
For example: A dominos delivery driver wrote on an order (Niggers don't tip) it got national news... if it was (Crackers don't tip) I'm sure it wouldn't have even made public news.

You can't be sure, so I wouldn't use that as a basis for your argument.

True i can't be so sure, but you can't either. Find me a clip of a black person being racist against a white- on the news, the white person complaining about being called a honky or cracker. Then you will have proved me wrong :]

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
xThe Goblin Queenx
How can anyone say we don't need black history month.

Perhaps you've heard of Emmit Till?
Considering your lack of respect probably not.
Emmit Till was a 14 year old boy. In 1955 on August 28th, he was kidnapped and and beaten with a pistol, then his attackers tied him up and shot him in the head. After he was dead they tied him to a 70 pound fan and threw him in the river.
They attackers were arrested, and then found not guilty.

In 2001 Raynard Johnson a 17 year old black male as hung from a tree for whistling at a white girl.

There are 154 known cases of black woman lynchings.

And now you're thinking that was in the past we've learned.

In 2009 58 hate crimes took place. One third of them were targeted at black people.

My mother is of mixed races, when she was pregnant with me she used to pray, that I wouldn't look like her so I would never have to feel the pain she did.
Can you imagine praying your child doesn't look like you? Because you've suffered because of you're skin colour?

How can you look at all the people who have suffered and say that we don't need a month to remember them.
They deserve a whole damn year.
You should be thinking of all the people who died, all the people who where beaten, all the people who cried over a lost child because someone took them away because they where black.

I am disgusted that you can think of these people and not care about them.
Just disgusted.

Perhaps you've heard of the Native Americans? Probably not, because they were subject to near genocide.

So were Australian Aboriginals. The Aboriginal population in Tasmania was wiped out.

Good to know, I honestly had no clue. Regardless, this is my point. (: Thanks for contributing.

Yeah, it's pretty scary. We have NAIDOC week to share cultural awareness and pay our respects to what happened to the Aboriginals. Somehow it has a different feeling to how white and black Americans hate on one another. It's more... mournful and apologetic.

It's unfortunate that greater ethnic crimes go unnoticed. I mean, you're talking about the genocide of an entire people, and everything that goes with that. Yet, much like the Native Americans, that goes unnoticed in the states in favor of the crimes against the blacks. Crimes that, in comparison, aren't even that grievous.

I'd more chalk this one up to people not knowing about Australian history. Every kid in Australia is taught about the Stolen Generation and taught to feel bad about what happened. From what I gather, the hate between white and black Americans is emphasised by months like this rather than them being a solution.

You know what would be really good? If people stopped publicising the differences, the hate and revenge then started looking at the similarities, the opportunities and stories that aren't all "that ****** shot a whitey".
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser

So were Australian Aboriginals. The Aboriginal population in Tasmania was wiped out.

Good to know, I honestly had no clue. Regardless, this is my point. (: Thanks for contributing.

Yeah, it's pretty scary. We have NAIDOC week to share cultural awareness and pay our respects to what happened to the Aboriginals. Somehow it has a different feeling to how white and black Americans hate on one another. It's more... mournful and apologetic.

It's unfortunate that greater ethnic crimes go unnoticed. I mean, you're talking about the genocide of an entire people, and everything that goes with that. Yet, much like the Native Americans, that goes unnoticed in the states in favor of the crimes against the blacks. Crimes that, in comparison, aren't even that grievous.

I'd more chalk this one up to people not knowing about Australian history. Every kid in Australia is taught about the Stolen Generation and taught to feel bad about what happened. From what I gather, the hate between white and black Americans is emphasised by months like this rather than them being a solution.

You know what would be really good? If people stopped publicising the differences, the hate and revenge then started looking at the similarities, the opportunities and stories that aren't all "that ****** shot a whitey".

Lol. Of course, but here in good 'ol America that's not how things work. Remember, this is the "greatest country in the world."

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser

Lol. Of course, but here in good 'ol America that's not how things work. Remember, this is the "greatest country in the world."

Now I am sad. I see why you have a black history month.
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser

Lol. Sorry to ruin your idyllic Earth. o:
All I have to say until I get trolled and then I may start a legit argument, hell even Morgan Freeman says he doesn't like Black History Month and he's a famous black american idol. Name one other race or even an ethnicity that has a whole month dedicated to them. Not trying to be racist here, but to be completely honest, a huge percentage of the black community try and blame everything and try to revert to the fact of what happened to their ANCESTORS. Oh, and for those christians out there that think slavery is wrong (which it is by all means) according to YOUR HOLY BOOK, slavery is PERFECTLY FINE and is in writing. "Leviticus 25:44-46"

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/morgan-freeman-on-black-history-month.jpg

xThe Goblin Queenx

Emmit Till was a 14 year old boy. In 1955 on August 28th, he was kidnapped and and beaten with a pistol, then his attackers tied him up and shot him in the head. After he was dead they tied him to a 70 pound fan and threw him in the river.

In 2001 Raynard Johnson a 17 year old black male as hung from a tree for whistling at a white girl.

In 2009 58 hate crimes took place. One third of them were targeted at black people.

My mother is of mixed races, when she was pregnant with me she used to pray, that I wouldn't look like her so I would never have to feel the pain she did.
Can you imagine praying your child doesn't look like you? Because you've suffered because of you're skin colour?

How can you look at all the people who have suffered and say that we don't need a month to remember them.
You should be thinking of all the people who died, all the people who where beaten, all the people who cried over a lost child because someone took them away because they where black.

Just disgusted.

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser

Lol. Sorry to ruin your idyllic Earth. o:

LOL. In an idyllic Earth there would be no need for this.

Vicious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
iChris xD
I just posted here cuz I like black girls.

stare I'm seriously contemplating whether or not I should say something.
Belock

I didn't say I was sure about anything.
I was telling you not to base arguments out of opinions you have no actual evidence to back up.

Shameless Hellraiser

9,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Citizen 200
Salvatore Graziano
xThe Goblin Queenx

Just disgusted.

Perhaps you've heard of the Native Americans? Probably not, because they were subject to near genocide.

More than 100 years ago.

Feral Warrior

Those people are disgusting.
Why can't they just LET IT GO, and just deal with the fact that they have to learn something else for one month?

And then, hate crimes. Disgusting.

I just don't understand.
I don't usually even notice if someones black.
Literally.
I had black cousins all my life and just was told of it a while ago.

Dapper Fatcat

Ra Ra Rumpleteaser

Yeah, a lot of people tend to forget about this and just put the race hate on white Americans when really the white Australians were just as bad. That's why I find it disgusting when an Australian starts ranting about how racist Americans are.

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

Saberie
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser

Yeah, a lot of people tend to forget about this and just put the race hate on white Americans when really the white Australians were just as bad. That's why I find it disgusting when an Australian starts ranting about how racist Americans are.

The difference is Australia has a national sorry day and they treat Aboriginals differently to how Americans do. The hate isn't as ingrained between Aboriginals and white Australians. The government and people welcome Aboriginals to follow their own culture, pay for their higher education and healthcare and don't focus on "a black person killed a white person".

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Sure. But we generally learn about this in school anyways. We don't need a month dedicated for this.

Everyone is human. Everyone is the same. Can't we just have a human history month?

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
xThe Goblin Queenx

Just disgusted.

this is gonna sound racist towards black people... but frankly i don't care.

what happened t to the native americans that were treated a lot worse than the things i've heard that black people were done and what not.

what about ellis island? where ALL people imigrating went to and people of all races were forced into slums and pretty much one on top of another?

what about the japanese/asian americans in world war 2? when america, american born or not, were forced into camps and away from their homes and such?

what about the disabled people that get spat on on a daily basis?

i mean seriously, not just black people have suffered. EVERYONE has in this country. whites, blacks, asians, native americans, etc... but yet blacks are the ones that have the month dedicated to them and their history.

reguardless... i honestly think there should be a month called Unity month or something in the US. where EVERYONE'S history is talked about and recognized basically saying YEAH this is where we were, and this is where we are now. and also this is where we hope to be.

not just giving one 'race' in the US the power to be dicks for a goddamn month because its "revenge" due to what their families went through. its not the current's generation fight of the PAST to fight. its been fought, won and is now over.

yeah those people should be honored, but others as well, not just black people. they are no better or no worse than whites, asians, etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff