Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Humorist

xThe Goblin Queenx
How can anyone say we don't need black history month.

Perhaps you've heard of Emmit Till?
Considering your lack of respect probably not.
Emmit Till was a 14 year old boy. In 1955 on August 28th, he was kidnapped and and beaten with a pistol, then his attackers tied him up and shot him in the head. After he was dead they tied him to a 70 pound fan and threw him in the river.
They attackers were arrested, and then found not guilty.

In 2001 Raynard Johnson a 17 year old black male as hung from a tree for whistling at a white girl.

There are 154 known cases of black woman lynchings.

And now you're thinking that was in the past we've learned.

In 2009 58 hate crimes took place. One third of them were targeted at black people.

My mother is of mixed races, when she was pregnant with me she used to pray, that I wouldn't look like her so I would never have to feel the pain she did.
Can you imagine praying your child doesn't look like you? Because you've suffered because of you're skin colour?

How can you look at all the people who have suffered and say that we don't need a month to remember them.
They deserve a whole damn year.
You should be thinking of all the people who died, all the people who where beaten, all the people who cried over a lost child because someone took them away because they where black.

I am disgusted that you can think of these people and not care about them.
Just disgusted.

Actually yes I do. He was the kid who got his faced ******** up. Hard to forget. Imagine how many other kids have got their face ******** up and still don't have a month.

Star Phantom

8,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Black History Month is very controversial because why should there be a special month to celebrate achievements that notable African-Americans made? Some people think otherwise but nonetheless, MLK, Sojourn Truth and many others evolved America to be what it is today and although racism still exists, there are now laws that protect its citizens from hate crimes.

What people mean by not having this month is because Black history IS American history, not that they're ignorant and stupid. A lot of African-Americans believe in not having this month as well like Morgan Freeman:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=1131418n

It's cool that America decided to attribute one whole month for people to really bring attention to African-American history and all but for me, I could give a s**t about having a month or not. I remember those who were oppressed back then and even today and will always be against hate.

I just don't like you starting this thread and calling people stupid for their own opinions. They have a right to be "stupid" y'know? I am actually very sickened by this thread.
єภtคXXXXXX

I believe he was shot in the head after he was dead. I remember this because in High School my history class watched the documentary about it. He was killed just because he whistled at a white woman.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Security Personnel
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
xThe Goblin Queenx

Emmit Till was a 14 year old boy. In 1955 on August 28th, he was kidnapped and and beaten with a pistol, then his attackers tied him up and shot him in the head. After he was dead they tied him to a 70 pound fan and threw him in the river.

In 2001 Raynard Johnson a 17 year old black male as hung from a tree for whistling at a white girl.

In 2009 58 hate crimes took place. One third of them were targeted at black people.

My mother is of mixed races, when she was pregnant with me she used to pray, that I wouldn't look like her so I would never have to feel the pain she did.
Can you imagine praying your child doesn't look like you? Because you've suffered because of you're skin colour?

How can you look at all the people who have suffered and say that we don't need a month to remember them.
You should be thinking of all the people who died, all the people who where beaten, all the people who cried over a lost child because someone took them away because they where black.

Just disgusted.

Perhaps you've heard of the Native Americans? Probably not, because they were subject to near genocide.

So were Australian Aboriginals. The Aboriginal population in Tasmania was wiped out.

Good to know, I honestly had no clue. Regardless, this is my point. (: Thanks for contributing.

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
xThe Goblin Queenx

Just disgusted.

Perhaps you've heard of the Native Americans? Probably not, because they were subject to near genocide.

So were Australian Aboriginals. The Aboriginal population in Tasmania was wiped out.

Good to know, I honestly had no clue. Regardless, this is my point. (: Thanks for contributing.

Yeah, it's pretty scary. We have NAIDOC week to share cultural awareness and pay our respects to what happened to the Aboriginals. Somehow it has a different feeling to how white and black Americans hate on one another. It's more... mournful and apologetic.
I just posted here cuz I like black girls.

toys-argh-us's Waifu

iChris xD
-.-
Your WatchQueen
iChris xD
-.-

Don't hate.
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Salvatore Graziano
xThe Goblin Queenx

Just disgusted.

Yeah, it's pretty scary. We have NAIDOC week to share cultural awareness and pay our respects to what happened to the Aboriginals. Somehow it has a different feeling to how white and black Americans hate on one another. It's more... mournful and apologetic.

It's unfortunate that greater ethnic crimes go unnoticed. I mean, you're talking about the genocide of an entire people, and everything that goes with that. Yet, much like the Native Americans, that goes unnoticed in the states in favor of the crimes against the blacks. Crimes that, in comparison, aren't even that grievous.
Salvatore Graziano

Yes, it is unfortunate that crimes against other ethnic crimes aren't as publicized as the crimes against African Americans. However, that in no way means that one race's suffering is worse than the others. People shouldn't even compare things like that in my opinion. It's just allows another mean for racism and prejudices to take hold in our society.

Hoarder

xThe Goblin Queenx

Just disgusted.

Interracial Crime
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involv- ing blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty- five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa. (My source is http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf) Don't even talk about crimes committed on blacks by whites... to justify a stupid "history month" you can't get rid of racism by wanting to be racially separated. With a month to themselves. Reverse racism, and the dreaded "race card" are just as bad as the racism you complain about. For example: A dominos delivery driver wrote on an order (Niggers don't tip) it got national news... if it was (Crackers don't tip) I'm sure it wouldn't have even made public news.
Belock
For example: A dominos delivery driver wrote on an order (Niggers don't tip) it got national news... if it was (Crackers don't tip) I'm sure it wouldn't have even made public news.

You can't be sure, so I wouldn't use that as a basis for your argument.
evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil
R3VELATIONS
Salvatore Graziano

Yes, it is unfortunate that crimes against other ethnic crimes aren't as publicized as the crimes against African Americans. However, that in no way means that one race's suffering is worse than the others. People shouldn't even compare things like that in my opinion. It's just allows another mean for racism and prejudices to take hold in our society.

I suppose so, but that's extremely objective. Either way, I can understand what you're saying about the blacks, and racism in general. Honestly though, I find genocide a whole lot more extreme.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff