Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Friend

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
ok i know alot of ppl focus on mlkjr and black men and women of today but most have never heard of the freedom riders,
these men and women rode the bus system of the day and quietlly sat in the front and the white that rode with them rode in the back. in the face of danger of being burned alive in one bus, betten or danger of being killed they rode. in quiet protest.

Generous Friend

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
theys men and women had guts

Generous Friend

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200

Generous Friend

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
hello?
anyone?

Demonic Sex Symbol

12,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
As a matter of fact i have heard of them. And did you know that there was a white man named James Zwerg that got beaten and almost killed so the men and women on the bus could get out to safety when it was attacked. He wasn't the only one that was beaten, there were several more.

Just cause they wanted to make a difference!!

Generous Friend

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
MikuHatsune0001
As a matter of fact i have heard of them. And did you know that there was a white man named James Zwerg that got beaten and almost killed so the men and women on the bus could get out to safety when it was attacked. He wasn't the only one that was beaten, there were several more.

Just cause they wanted to make a difference!!

say i heard of james zwerg. and i really am in awe of these brave men and women.

Dangerous Visionary

I remember reading an young adult novel on it.
They were showing a documentary of Freedom Riders on PBS (I don't know if you get that, or if it's just an Oregon station. Dx). Very fascinating.

The one thing I liked about the documentary was this song:

This was sung during prison to warn the police that, of course, buses were coming.

In an interview, one white male was asked why he was going to jail, and he told him, "because it was the right thing to do."

Unbeatable Tycoon

WVIZ showed this last year; I remember it well!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff