ok 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 1 ]
umm 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Dangerous Visionary

iKarnezar
Miss-dark8607
iKarnezar
I only learned about him once, in 5th grade.

In 6th grade we learned about some s**t, I can't remember. . .

In 7th grade we learned about egypt and the mediterranean sea..

In 8th grade we learned about america's past (not a lot about blacks, though)

In 9th grade we learned about US Government

In 10th grade we learned about World History

In 11th grade we learned about US History (black musicians, sports players, and civil rights leaders)

In 12th grade I took AP World History, which is everything non-American

Different strokes for different folks. We only had AP US history and we had a chapter a week and yeah it was using mostly on government and events that happen. Usually white male events.

My AP History class focused on mostly asian history, and african. There wasn't much on European history, except during the 19th and 20th century.

Yeah funny how that works the more advance you go the better education you might get. It's a shame such things should be taught from the start.

Greedy Capitalist

Miss-dark8607
iKarnezar
Miss-dark8607
iKarnezar
I only learned about him once, in 5th grade.

In 6th grade we learned about some s**t, I can't remember. . .

In 7th grade we learned about egypt and the mediterranean sea..

In 8th grade we learned about america's past (not a lot about blacks, though)

In 9th grade we learned about US Government

In 10th grade we learned about World History

In 11th grade we learned about US History (black musicians, sports players, and civil rights leaders)

In 12th grade I took AP World History, which is everything non-American

Different strokes for different folks. We only had AP US history and we had a chapter a week and yeah it was using mostly on government and events that happen. Usually white male events.

My AP History class focused on mostly asian history, and african. There wasn't much on European history, except during the 19th and 20th century.

Yeah funny how that works the more advance you go the better education you might get. It's a shame such things should be taught from the start.

Well there's only so much you can learn as a child.

There's obviously American history, getting them while they're young to be all patriotic. You also tend to learn about your states geography (at least I did, in 3rd grade we learned about the boroughs of New York City).

It's not like they'll teach us about the raping of nanking in 5th grade lol

Dangerous Visionary

iKarnezar

There's obviously American history, getting them while they're young to be all patriotic. You also tend to learn about your states geography (at least I did, in 3rd grade we learned about the boroughs of New York City).

True however it's never too early to learn there's a whole world out there full of different people, places, and things. I think its important to expose kids to the world as early as we can. Just keep it developmental appropriated for that age group so yeah no rape topics in elementary school however you can at least teach them that war brings out the worst in people.

*Is a preschool teacher*
Useless ego stroking. I actually met Dr. Carson and his family when I was a little kid back in the Caribbean.

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
I actually got to talk to him and shake his hand a few years ago and it was really cool and he was nice.

Dangerous Visionary

I wish I could get to meet him. I'm happy that people are saying he is nice. He seemed like he would be.

Dangerous Visionary

I remember watching this movie. I really liked it.

Dangerous Visionary

11alexia11
I remember watching this movie. I really liked it.

What was your favorite part?

Questionable Borg

Miss-dark8607
iKarnezar

True however it's never too early to learn there's a whole world out there full of different people, places, and things. I think its important to expose kids to the world as early as we can. Just keep it developmental appropriated for that age group so yeah no rape topics in elementary school however you can at least teach them that war brings out the worst in people.

*Is a preschool teacher*
Me too! and I think even when it comes to the raping of Nanking, there's a way to make it a G rated subject.
Miss-dark8607
Someone reminded me in another thread about Ben Carson and I think he needs his own thread here. Since you we don't really learn about positive and commentary African-Americans who aren't like sport or musician players. (Yeah there's the President but still normally speaking) Anyway Ben Carson is one of this nation top neurosurgeons. He made history in 1987, by being the first surgeon in the world to successfully separate siamese twins (the Binder twins) conjoined at the back of the head (craniopagus twins). Operations to separate twins joined in this way had always failed, resulting in the death of one or both of the infants. Carson agreed to undertake the operation. The 70-member surgical team, led by Carson, worked for 22 hours. At the end, the twins were successfully separated and can now survive independently!

Here's his wiki: Ben Carson

~ Discuss African-American doctors
Luvyabooswagg
Miss-dark8607
Someone reminded me in another thread about Ben Carson and I think he needs his own thread here. Since you we don't really learn about positive and commentary African-Americans who aren't like sport or musician players. (Yeah there's the President but still normally speaking) Anyway Ben Carson is one of this nation top neurosurgeons. He made history in 1987, by being the first surgeon in the world to successfully separate siamese twins (the Binder twins) conjoined at the back of the head (craniopagus twins). Operations to separate twins joined in this way had always failed, resulting in the death of one or both of the infants. Carson agreed to undertake the operation. The 70-member surgical team, led by Carson, worked for 22 hours. At the end, the twins were successfully separated and can now survive independently!

Here's his wiki: Ben Carson

~ Discuss African-American doctors

Dangerous Visionary

Mayor Gravity
Miss-dark8607
iKarnezar

*Is a preschool teacher*
Me too! and I think even when it comes to the raping of Nanking, there's a way to make it a G rated subject.

You think so?

Questionable Borg

Miss-dark8607
Mayor Gravity
Miss-dark8607
iKarnezar

*Is a preschool teacher*

You think so?
Sure. Don't even touch on the subject of sex, just "Naking was made to do things they didn't want to do, and forcing someone to do stuff they don't want to do is wrong." G rated.

Dangerous Visionary

Mayor Gravity
Miss-dark8607
Mayor Gravity
Miss-dark8607
iKarnezar

*Is a preschool teacher*

You think so?
Sure. Don't even touch on the subject of sex, just "Naking was made to do things they didn't want to do, and forcing someone to do stuff they don't want to do is wrong." G rated.

That's sugar coating it a bit much. I rather just wait till 8th-9th grades.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff