Welcome to Gaia! ::

People count

+1 1 100.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 2 ]

Dangerous Visionary

Rather here on this forum or otherwise? Personally I caught part of a documenatry on the struggle of Black models and how even after the success of models like Chanel Iman, and Tyra Banks there's still this racist undertones in the world of modeling that don't want to use dark skinned models. I find it very sad as I do find dark skinned people to be very beautiful in their own right and a lot of colors work better on dark skin people than they do on light skin people. I hope things do change in the world of fashion but it doesn't seem like if we are going to keep playing this moronic race game.

While I'm not big on the whole fashion and model stuff. I did learn something new and I think its always important to keep an open view on things like this because things won't get better if we all pretend there's no issue in the world when it comes to race, class, gender, and sex. Let's all try to learn from our mistakes and make the world a better place.

Link: The colour of Beauty

Top 25 Black models

Lack of women of color in the lastest fashion week

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I can't say I learned anything of value... but I did learn a couple things.

1. Gaia has an extremely large number of trolls
2. There are a lot of black people on gaia using light skinned avatars.

Now, I only bring #2 up because of the mention you made about the lack of black women in modeling.
Could it be that the clothes just look better on light skin or that light skin photographs better?
I personally think darker skin looks best but that's just my opinion.
I do detest extremely dark skin... (in pics)
One of my nephews has a good friend who has the darkest skin I've ever seen.
I was just looking at some of their pics last night.
No kidding, the only thing you see on her is her teeth.
She is a very beautiful young woman, but in pics.... ya just can't tell because of how dark she is.

Anyway, maybe the reason there are fewer black models is the same reason many black girls on gaia choose to use white avatars. (clothes look better?)

I dunno just a guess

Dangerous Visionary

stormylane
I can't say I learned anything of value... but I did learn a couple things.

1. Gaia has an extremely large number of trolls
2. There are a lot of black people on gaia using light skinned avatars.

Now, I only bring #2 up because of the mention you made about the lack of black women in modeling.
Could it be that the clothes just look better on light skin or that light skin photographs better?
I personally think darker skin looks best but that's just my opinion.
I do detest extremely dark skin... (in pics)
One of my nephews has a good friend who has the darkest skin I've ever seen.
I was just looking at some of their pics last night.
No kidding, the only thing you see on her is her teeth.
She is a very beautiful young woman, but in pics.... ya just can't tell because of how dark she is.

Anyway, maybe the reason there are fewer black models is the same reason many black girls on gaia choose to use white avatars. (clothes look better?)

I dunno just a guess

Could possible be the lighting. It's best to use Natural lighting when filming and shooting darker people. Still seems like a cop out either way given the world of tech we live in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff