Welcome to Gaia! ::

This thread is about Black filmmakers would like to add to it?

pollin 0.2 20.0% [ 3 ]
no 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 2 ]
yes 0.4 40.0% [ 6 ]
maybe 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]
< 1 2

Dangerous Visionary

Gegaish
Umm I'm someone who doesn't watch TV except for politics, and to buy a movie on-demand once and a while.. My Grandma pays the bill, and uses the TV the most... I have a TV in my room, but don't use it.. I rarely go see movies at the theater, cause I haven't seen any commercials! I do watch movies online, and buy/rent sometimes, and the genres are pretty varied. Honestly, though, I think I've never seen a Blaxploitation movie. Why do you think whites who write black movies tend to get more famous movies? And what is it that makes you specifically seek out black indie movies? I know, blunt question, but I'm asking completely out of curiosity.

Well if you have have Netflix and such there's a bunch of Black movies you could watch as well many documentaries on African-Americans. Anyway to answer your questions it because of things like this: Oscar votes and mostly Hollywood are white malesIf you ever get the chance try to watch Spike Lee's Bamboozle and just listen to the commentary. He pretty much explains how hard it is to be a non-white filmmaker as well as the power struggle within the business same with Robert Townsend another producer,director, and writer. Personally, I watch films like this to understand the world around me and to develop an understand about people in general. I do it for everyone not just African-Americans.

Wheezing Raider

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Miss-dark8607
Gegaish
Umm I'm someone who doesn't watch TV except for politics, and to buy a movie on-demand once and a while.. My Grandma pays the bill, and uses the TV the most... I have a TV in my room, but don't use it.. I rarely go see movies at the theater, cause I haven't seen any commercials! I do watch movies online, and buy/rent sometimes, and the genres are pretty varied. Honestly, though, I think I've never seen a Blaxploitation movie. Why do you think whites who write black movies tend to get more famous movies? And what is it that makes you specifically seek out black indie movies? I know, blunt question, but I'm asking completely out of curiosity.

Well if you have have Netflix and such there's a bunch of Black movies you could watch as well many documentaries on African-Americans. Anyway to answer your questions it because of things like this: Oscar votes and mostly Hollywood are white malesIf you ever get the chance try to watch Spike Lee's Bamboozle and just listen to the commentary. He pretty much explains how hard it is to be a non-white filmmaker as well as the power struggle within the business same with Robert Townsend another producer,director, and writer. Personally, I watch films like this to understand the world around me and to develop an understand about people in general. I do it for everyone not just African-Americans.

Thanks for the link i can check it out on netflix

Dangerous Visionary

Gegaish
Miss-dark8607
Gegaish

Thanks for the link i can check it out on netflix

You're welcome. Let me know what you think of it.

Dangerous Visionary

Dangerous Visionary

Miss-dark8607
bumps

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items