Welcome to Gaia! ::

If they made a Samuel L Jackson movie who would play him?

Pollin' 0.35714285714286 35.7% [ 10 ]
He would play himself duh 0.25 25.0% [ 7 ]
That's like dividing by zero 0.21428571428571 21.4% [ 6 ]
*mind blown* 0.17857142857143 17.9% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
< 1 2 3 >

High-functioning Bunny

18,125 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Miss-dark8607
Princess Joe-jo
There was a movie on the Jackson Family and some one mentioned Ray Charles. We might get one of Whitney Houston. I wonder when there will be big screen movies of non-musician people though...

We had Malcolm X by Spike Lee. That was a pretty big deal. As the studio only gave him enough for like two hours so then Lee went to other Black people and got to film it as long as he wanted.

Where would we be without Spike?

Questionable Borg

I don't know enough about his early life, but a movie about someone as famous as him seems a little unecessary.

Questionable Borg

Princess Joe-jo
Miss-dark8607
Princess Joe-jo
There was a movie on the Jackson Family and some one mentioned Ray Charles. We might get one of Whitney Houston. I wonder when there will be big screen movies of non-musician people though...

We had Malcolm X by Spike Lee. That was a pretty big deal. As the studio only gave him enough for like two hours so then Lee went to other Black people and got to film it as long as he wanted.

Is the Malcolm X movie any good? I've been debating for awhile whether or not to watch it or not.

Dangerous Visionary

Mayor Gravity
Princess Joe-jo
Miss-dark8607
Princess Joe-jo

Is the Malcolm X movie any good? I've been debating for awhile whether or not to watch it or not.

Its a little long and it does kind of drag till he goes to Jail and meets up with the Nation of Islam. Then it just takes off and before you know it, it's over. The ending is pretty graphic though and for me at least caused me to cry a lot. Also its scary how Denzel does look a lot like him so it's almost like you really are watching Malcolm X for real so yeah when the ending happens you actually feel like you are watching someone being murder right in front of you. Really powerful stuff. I highly recommend the movie

Dangerous Visionary

Mayor Gravity
I don't know enough about his early life, but a movie about someone as famous as him seems a little unecessary.

Who are you talking about?

Dangerous Visionary

Princess Joe-jo
Miss-dark8607
Princess Joe-jo

Hmm well even without Spike we had other Black filmmakers before like back in the 70's and maybe of the Black actors go into directing or producing like Will Smith he actually produce a little know Asian flick called Saving face. So yeah I have mad respect for Will Smith for that. That said without Spike we wouldn't had Boyz in the hood though since John was directly influences by Spike.

Questionable Borg

Miss-dark8607
Mayor Gravity

Who are you talking about?
I don't remember, actually.

Dangerous Visionary

First off I would just like to thank you for having decent threads in this forum. I have looked at all of yours and they are actually on subjects worth talking about, but sadly many are focused on "There should or shouldn't be a Black History Month!" or "White History Month" mumbo jumbo. I'm sorry, but Black History Month will be around to stay and you might as well embrace it and have real conversations about the many individuals who contributed to the celebration of African-Americans.

Anyways, onto your topic. I would love to see a film about Walter Dean Myers. I've only read one of his books, which was Fallen Angels and I found it to be amazing. I'm hoping one day that will be brought to film.

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Jaded Chemist
SOULJA BOY.
LMFAO no.
The obvious answer: Barack Obama. Let's see who else... Can't think of any, I'm sorry.

Thats amazing, I personally think Samuel L jackson should play himself. No one can act like such a legend. It's like when they say "The next M.J" Thats never going to happen. emotion_bigheart

Dangerous Visionary

JazzMasterGanon
First off I would just like to thank you for having decent threads in this forum. I have looked at all of yours and they are actually on subjects worth talking about, but sadly many are focused on "There should or shouldn't be a Black History Month!" or "White History Month" mumbo jumbo. I'm sorry, but Black History Month will be around to stay and you might as well embrace it and have real conversations about the many individuals who contributed to the celebration of African-Americans.

Anyways, onto your topic. I would love to see a film about Walter Dean Myers. I've only read one of his books, which was Fallen Angels and I found it to be amazing. I'm hoping one day that will be brought to film.

Thank you so much for the small praise. Yes I do hope that one day someone makes a film about him. I think I have so far read about ten maybe twelve of his titles (mostly picture books). Fun fact his son is an illustrator so they often work together.

Dangerous Visionary

Smitten Sakura43
Jaded Chemist
SOULJA BOY.
LMFAO no.
The obvious answer: Barack Obama. Let's see who else... Can't think of any, I'm sorry.

Thats amazing, I personally think Samuel L jackson should play himself. No one can act like such a legend. It's like when they say "The next M.J" Thats never going to happen. emotion_bigheart

LOL good point.
OJ simpson

Dangerous Visionary

zilla chi
OJ simpson

A retrospect documentary would be nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers