Welcome to Gaia! ::

If they made a Samuel L Jackson movie who would play him?

Pollin' 0.35714285714286 35.7% [ 10 ]
He would play himself duh 0.25 25.0% [ 7 ]
That's like dividing by zero 0.21428571428571 21.4% [ 6 ]
*mind blown* 0.17857142857143 17.9% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
1 2 3 >

Dangerous Visionary

On the big screen. Enough of this made for TV crap because no one really pays attention to it. stare I think that its about time we had movies about Tubman and Truth made. And for the life of me I don't know why Oprah or anyone hasn't made a movie about them yet. I know we have some smaller movies about Frederick Douglas but I think a real one should be made. One based of one his books. Fast forwarding a bit I would also like to see ones about Angela Davis, Walter Dean Myers, and the Hill Harper whole family because that family is bad a**. (I'm probably gonna to make a thread about them soon) So yeah why no love for a lot of other important African-American icons? You know we still haven't had a decent MLK movie either. I think the one on Rosa Park was made for Tv as well. It's a shame. I think movies like these should be played on the big screen and nation wide. Instead of having white man guilt trip movies like the Blind Side and even The Help. Why not showcase movies about Black people helping themselves since actually that's what they DO realistic. Most of them don't get hand outs from Mighty whites. They suffer and work their way by the strength of their own willpower. So yeah that's my idea today. I know it will be vastly ignore by the masses.

Movies you would like to see based on Black/African-American icons.
SOULJA BOY.
LMFAO no.
The obvious answer: Barack Obama. Let's see who else... Can't think of any, I'm sorry.

Dangerous Visionary

Jaded Chemist
SOULJA BOY.
LMFAO no.
The obvious answer: Barack Obama. Let's see who else... Can't think of any, I'm sorry.

Actually a story about Soulja boy would be good in a sense of how one can just clown your way into millions if you troll/spam people the right way. He did come from myspace after all and I'm still not sure how the hell we allowed that to happen. I think Will Smith has to age up a bit before they can (the president himself picked him for the ears LOL) and well ya know its better to make those types of movies in hindsight so they are a little less bias.

Well when you think of more come back.
You know, you're right. Soulja boy did get a ton of cash that he didn't deserve. Haha. Good point. But I think he actually takes himself seriously...Anyway, I think the majority of them already have movies. I like that comedian Donald Glover. He's really funny. I'd like a movie made about him. Although I don't think he's very well known. Will Smith, even though he's already an actor seems very interesting. Venice and Vanessa Williams would be good. Steve Harvey. Malcom X, even though he was pretty radical with his ideas. Also, I think that somone could possibly already made movies about him.
Im just commenting to say how great The Help was. A lot of people like to make it seem that nothing bad happened about black people. Its about covering up to make America ideal.

Im going to state that I AM half white, so Im hoping I dont get a notice of me telling me that Im blaming white people. Im merely stating that America knew what they were doing and making movies of The Help although I didnt see much white guilt in it, just towards the very end) is kind of their way of hiding the reality.

Which, btw, I would agree on that, just for the fact that we SHOULD look back on what happened but we should also forget and forgive, as this will not happen again at least I hope not).

On the side not: I had a friend who moved to Germany to be closer to his grandparents. He had told me that none of his history classes talked about the holocaust because they wanted to forget about it because it was such a tragedy). Has completely nothing todo with BHM, but it reminded me of how America is trying forget about the past.

Sorry, I didnt want to ramble on. Jeez.

Movies: Fredrick Douglas and MLK. There was another person I wanted to see a movie of, but I cant recall his name!

Dangerous Visionary

iLozerCake
Movies: Fredrick Douglas and MLK. There was another person I wanted to see a movie of, but I cant recall his name!

Rambling aside which gave some good points. Bad things have happen and its nice to have movies that show this. I think people no longer go to the movies much because most of the movies are way too positive, simplistic, and lack truth in them.

Dangerous Visionary

Ags_Jaded Chemist
You know, you're right. Soulja boy did get a ton of cash that he didn't deserve. Haha. Good point. But I think he actually takes himself seriously...Anyway, I think the majority of them already have movies. I like that comedian Donald Glover. He's really funny. I'd like a movie made about him. Although I don't think he's very well known. Will Smith, even though he's already an actor seems very interesting. Venice and Vanessa Williams would be good. Steve Harvey. Malcom X, even though he was pretty radical with his ideas. Also, I think that somone could possibly already made movies about him.

I would like to see more movies with Donald Glover and yes I have heard of him. I wanted him to be Spider-man too. I rented Mystery Team so many times I think I broke a redbox. xd Well Spike Lee already did the Malcolm X movie a while ago. Someone could expand on the subject though.

Manly Shounen

11,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
B.B. King!

He is one of the most influential guitarists in history! Anyone who have touched an Electric Guitar respects him!

Dangerous Visionary

Puuya
B.B. King!

He is one of the most influential guitarists in history! Anyone who have touched an Electric Guitar respects him!

I always love when he stops by Sesame Street. xd Also yeah been wondering why no one has double true after they made Ray and all those other music based movies.
Miss-dark8607
Puuya
B.B. King!

I always love when he stops by Sesame Street. xd Also yeah been wondering why no one has double true after they made Ray and all those other music based movies. [/quote

OMG I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER! CEE LO GREEN! xD That would be awesome, he's interesting! I'd watch a movie of his life. Stand up guy.

Dangerous Visionary

Ags_Jaded Chemist

OMG I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER! CEE LO GREEN! xD That would be awesome, he's interesting! I'd watch a movie of his life. Stand up guy.

LOL yeah. On Netflix they have a documentary on Jimmy McMillan aka "The Rent is too damn high" man. I watched it and I feel sorry for the guy. He was just used and didn't really know where to go with his fame. What I learned: in real life things like Mr. Smith goes to Washington can't really happen to everyday Americans.

Merry Gekko

15,200 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Cheerbringer 100
This past January they showed a movie about the Tuskegee Airmen on the big screen called Redtails. The entire lead cast was Black. biggrin However, there were issues with funding because no one believed that a Black cast would sell in theaters. That's the main reason we don't see more movies about Black icons in theaters. With the Redtails movie, there were a lot of people (Mostly White people) who didn't understand the significance of the Tuskegee Airmen. They would say something along the line of "The lead pilot only shot down 10 people. What's so great about that?" They often miss the fact that it was hard for a black person to join the army. Even harder to become a pilot. Even when you succeeded in becoming a pilot, you got the crappy planes and no one wanted to use you. Also, a huge issue with the war at the time was that the fighter pilots wouldn't do their jobs and protect the bomber planes. The Tuskegee Airmen never lost one bomber.
I kind of got off subject there sweatdrop

Merry Gekko

15,200 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Cheerbringer 100
There was a movie on the Jackson Family and some one mentioned Ray Charles. We might get one of Whitney Houston. I wonder when there will be big screen movies of non-musician people though...

Dangerous Visionary

Princess Joe-jo
This past January they showed a movie about the Tuskegee Airmen on the big screen called Redtails. The entire lead cast was Black. biggrin However, there were issues with funding because no one believed that a Black cast would sell in theaters. That's the main reason we don't see more movies about Black icons in theaters. With the Redtails movie, there were a lot of people (Mostly White people) who didn't understand the significance of the Tuskegee Airmen. They would say something along the line of "The lead pilot only shot down 10 people. What's so great about that?" They often miss the fact that it was hard for a black person to join the army. Even harder to become a pilot. Even when you succeeded in becoming a pilot, you got the crappy planes and no one wanted to use you. Also, a huge issue with the war at the time was that the fighter pilots wouldn't do their jobs and protect the bomber planes. The Tuskegee Airmen never lost one bomber.
I kind of got off subject there sweatdrop

You bring up a good point and there's this: Most Oscar votes are White males just like most studio heads. So that's just yet another factor.

Dangerous Visionary

Princess Joe-jo
There was a movie on the Jackson Family and some one mentioned Ray Charles. We might get one of Whitney Houston. I wonder when there will be big screen movies of non-musician people though...

We had Malcolm X by Spike Lee. That was a pretty big deal. As the studio only gave him enough for like two hours so then Lee went to other Black people and got to film it as long as he wanted.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff