Welcome to Gaia! ::

its blacks right mouth so why judge them, its there time to shine & thank God for blacks cuase there awesome. I'm never going to be Racist ever, Martin Luther King Many more Blacks are in our History. God bless them.

Anxious Mage

It's what people of their ethic group accomplished in the past

One of those things were being allowed to read, write, spell.

Black History Month is for those back then, not those today

4,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Evil Gumi

Why the hell are you so upset that a culture is proud and continues to celebrate the fact that they fought for their rights and won. In that light, Jewish people should not celebrate Passover because it was their enslaved Israelite ancestors who were liberated from Egpyt, not them. :/

Anxious Mage

_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_
Evil Gumi

Why the hell are you so upset that a culture is proud and continues to celebrate the fact that they fought for their rights and won. In that light, Jewish people should not celebrate Passover because it was their enslaved Israelite ancestors who were liberated from Egpyt, not them. :/

Because majority of people do not celebrate it. Majority of people forgot what this month is really about. Majority of people think they have the right to complain about slavery and that is all I hear all over the place. Slavery, slavery, slavery followed by a bunch of BS and "You owe us"

You do not hear the Asians complaining about slavery. You do not hear Jews complaining or throwing it in your face every time you come across one.

Just like majority of this forum hasn't nothing to do about black history

I really love learning about Martin Luther King and all those other historical figures. They were great people that fought for equality; however, no one cares about equality now days. People only care about being above one another and I think it's stupid.

No one should be judged off a race or their culture. Everyone is their own person. Every race has been enslaved, every race has been through hell, every race has their great accomplishments.

Not to mention there are still people today suffering through slavery. I hate hearing people talk about how their ancestors suffered and act like they have the right to when they have no idea. And then you have children being forced into labor everyday HERE. So instead of complaining about what had happened to your ancestors. Why don't you celebrate what they accomplished. Don't judge people because their ancestors might have enslaved them. We have nothing to do with what happened back then and instead of complaining about what happened back then, why not do something about what is happening today.

and I suppose I lost the whole point and I am in the wrong as well and I apologize for offending you in any manner, but this forum was a stupid idea on gaia's part.

4,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_
Evil Gumi

Because majority of people do not celebrate it. Majority of people forgot what this month is really about. Majority of people think they have the right to complain about slavery and that is all I hear all over the place. Slavery, slavery, slavery followed by a bunch of BS and "You owe us"

You do not hear the Asians complaining about slavery. You do not hear Jews complaining or throwing it in your face every time you come across one.

Just like majority of this forum hasn't nothing to do about black history

I really love learning about Martin Luther King and all those other historical figures. They were great people that fought for equality; however, no one cares about equality now days. People only care about being above one another and I think it's stupid.

No one should be judged off a race or their culture. Everyone is their own person. Every race has been enslaved, every race has been through hell, every race has their great accomplishments.

Not to mention there are still people today suffering through slavery. I hate hearing people talk about how their ancestors suffered and act like they have the right to when they have no idea. And then you have children being forced into labor everyday HERE. So instead of complaining about what had happened to your ancestors. Why don't you celebrate what they accomplished. Don't judge people because their ancestors might have enslaved them. We have nothing to do with what happened back then and instead of complaining about what happened back then, why not do something about what is happening today.

and I suppose I lost the whole point and I am in the wrong as well and I apologize for offending you in any manner, but this forum was a stupid idea on gaia's part.

1. Not my ancestors.
2. I celebrate every cultural awareness month
3. BHM Really has very little to do with slavery and more about civil rights.
4. The Chinese were at least paid... (very little and I don't condone what we did.)
5. Native Americans often feel that we "owe" them.
6. I have been told I "owe" them by an African American
7. They are not complaining but showing what they have done.
8. We saved the Jews from slave labor camps.
9. Every race celebrates their liberation.
10. You have offended me in your inability to accept the fact they are celebrating the fact they overcame not to remember what we did.

Anxious Mage

_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

10. You have offended me in your inability to accept the fact they are celebrating the fact they overcame not to remember what we did.

No one in this forum is celebrating

4,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

No but you keep saying that African Americans are saying we owe them for slavery. I have read the reason we celebrate BHM quite alot and I don't remember anything saying we are remembering how mistreated we are. And this forum is just a bunch of whiny people who don't realize the Black culture isn't the only culture with it's own month.

Anxious Mage

_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

No but you keep saying that African Americans are saying we owe them for slavery. I have read the reason we celebrate BHM quite alot and I don't remember anything saying we are remembering how mistreated we are. And this forum is just a bunch of whiny people who don't realize the Black culture isn't the only culture with it's own month.

I am saying that is what I hear most the time
and not all blacks are African American

and of course its not the only culture with its month. I love how they complain about it being short, but yet they are the only month made a big deal of. Women's month for example is during March, when everyone is excited about leprecauns and fairytales, not much the Irish people themselves. And Asians only have week.

Black history month is a big deal and even brought up all over our school. I'm not going against it at all. I'm just saying, most people, including blacks, don't care about black history. All they care about is being above one another. Most people dont care about equality now days

4,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

I am saying that is what I hear most the time
and not all blacks are African American

and of course its not the only culture with its month. I love how they complain about it being short, but yet they are the only month made a big deal of. Women's month for example is during March, when everyone is excited about leprecauns and fairytales, not much the Irish people themselves. And Asians only have week.

Black history month is a big deal and even brought up all over our school. I'm not going against it at all. I'm just saying, most people, including blacks, don't care about black history. All they care about is being above one another. Most people dont care about equality now days

Actually most "blacks" are taught as children the history of their culture. They do care and it's about equality. You're generalizing. :/ If people make it a big deal then it becomes one. If we made women's history month a big deal then it would outshine st. patricks day. (Why we even celebrate that here i don't know.) But march is also Irish History month. sad People do care about eqaulity though.

Anxious Mage

_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

sad People do care about eqaulity though.

Not really

4,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

Not really

You are very thick headed and I see no point in trying to convince you why this is important.

Anxious Mage

_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

Not really

You are very thick headed and I see no point in trying to convince you why this is important.

Why what is important? Black History Month? I understand why that is important and, once again, I am not against it. Again, I'm sorry for offending you and I didn't plan on picking any fights.

4,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

Not really

Why what is important? Black History Month? I understand why that is important and, once again, I am not against it. Again, I'm sorry for offending you and I didn't plan on picking any fights.

Ok lets agree that it's important and i do agree that many have lost the meaning of black history month. :/ im sorry for calling you thick headed. sad

Anxious Mage

_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

Ok lets agree that it's important and i do agree that many have lost the meaning of black history month. :/ im sorry for calling you thick headed. sad

I'm sorry for bringing all this into this forum
I've never thought it was unimportant, I've just met some arrogant people, but I know you can't judge a whole race on a few

Anyway, I should have never brought it up and I was out of place

4,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Evil Gumi
_Etz_Mr_Kitteh_

I'm sorry for bringing all this into this forum
I've never thought it was unimportant, I've just met some arrogant people, but I know you can't judge a whole race on a few

Anyway, I should have never brought it up and I was out of place

It's ok, I tend to be very... forceful and passionate about my beliefs. I mean some one says somthing is gay or retarded i go on a rant about how they shouldn't say it. Its ok and no one should have ancestors mistakes held against them. We can't control the past and all we can do is move on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff