Welcome to Gaia! ::

or asian
Ladies and Gentlemen, the human species.
emotion_facepalm

Dangerous Visionary

Evil Spaghetti 2
or asian

Let's have a look at WIKI now that its back up shall we:

A list of months that spotlights different groups

So umm yeah we have a month for ALMOST everyone. Just Black History Month gets the most media attention. I hope Gaia can break the mode.
Lord Lunar
emotion_facepalm
no its a legit question

Invisible Regular

9,750 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Miss-dark8607
Evil Spaghetti 2
or asian

So umm yeah we have a month for ALMOST everyone. Just Black History Month gets the most media attention. I hope Gaia can break the mode.

its not just that it gets the MOST media attention. its that it gets ALL the attention period. unless you actualy look into which months stoplight different groups(like you did) then its unlikely that you would ever even hear of any of the others because they are so heavily overshadowed by black history month.

Dangerous Visionary

The Knight In Green
Miss-dark8607
Evil Spaghetti 2
or asian

its not just that it gets the MOST media attention. its that it gets ALL the attention period. unless you actualy look into which months stoplight different groups(like you did) then its unlikely that you would ever even hear of any of the others because they are so heavily overshadowed by black history month.

I agree. For most people its used as a excuse to claim funding from the government (schools and some of the public/federal business) and for the old "look we aren't racist" card. Its very sad. I think only Nick, Nick Jr, actually tries to showcase some of the other months like Women's history and the other ethnic groups. Asian history month they ran ads about Jim Lee, Lucy Li, Jackie Chan, and such.

Again form my experience anyway and it seems like its the norm which is sad.

Dangerous Visionary

Evil Spaghetti 2
Lord Lunar
emotion_facepalm
no its a legit question

Kind of. people really need to use some good old fashion research and look into this stuff before posting. Anyway as you can see I answered your question and if you looked at my post you will see all the months that showcase different groups. Asian, Latino, and otherwise.
b***h if you are gonna be serious the least you can do is have the question not be offensive
how is the month racist? you need to go back to school and stay off gaia with your v2 of yourself
lol

Invisible Regular

9,750 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Miss-dark8607
The Knight In Green
Miss-dark8607
Evil Spaghetti 2
or asian

I agree. For most people its used as a excuse to claim funding from the government (schools and some of the public/federal business) and for the old "look we aren't racist" card. Its very sad. I think only Nick, Nick Jr, actually tries to showcase some of the other months like Women's history and the other ethnic groups. Asian history month they ran ads about Jim Lee, Lucy Li, Jackie Chan, and such.

Again form my experience anyway and it seems like its the norm which is sad.

yup, very sad.

Familiar Poster

Why would we even want a month?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out