Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

We should have more animated series from and/or about people of color.

agree 0.75 75.0% [ 12 ]
disagree 0.0625 6.2% [ 1 ]
no comment 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
GOLD 0.0625 6.2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 >

Dangerous Visionary

Seems like we get one like every five years or so nowadays. However back in the 90's there was a lot of Black animated series and even a couple of movies. I remember things like Hammer Man, Bebe Kids, Wayne Head, C Bear and Jamal, and then there was Proud Family, and Little Bill. On the adult side we had PJ and I think that's it till we got Boondocks, Black Panther, and I guess Afro Samurai also counts since Samuel L Jackson was a producer as well. The latest of course Disney Princess and the Frog. Which had mixed reviews among other things.

I found these two sites that list a few things:
Black cartoons
Black Dynamite the animated series

Well discuss your favorite Black animated series and movies

IRL Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Megathread 100
Aww! I feel so nostalgic right now xD Little Bill and Proud family! I have not watched those in forever!

Princess and the frog was a fail .. I don't know how gumbo and frogs go together

Boondocks..hmm one of my all time favorites. I really do love all the satire in Uncle Ruckus's remarks. He's such an uncle Tom! hahaha x))

Timid Hellraiser

12,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
The Boondocks

Static Shock most definitely.

The Proud Family

The PJs.

Fat Albert still holds a special place in my heart.

I enjoyed the ever-living crap out of Princess and the Frog. The characters were deep; the setting was semi-realistic and Princess Tiana actually did something. Prince Naveen had a personality too so that was awesome.

I know there are some that I'm somehow forgetting, but oh well.
Boondocks is one I'll always hate. Lol. Good animation though.

Anyway, on the the positives!
Little Bill will ALWAYS be my most favored cartoon to watch. Hell, I still watch it when I wake up early enough for it. The Proud Family is another one that'll always be up there, and PJ is something that I love, love, love~. The Princess and the Frog really made me happy. Finally, a Disney princess that doesn't aspire to be the perfect house wife--excluding Mulan, Pocahontas, and that one girl from Atlantis: The Lost City. I don't really watch TV anymore.. I'm too sleepy to get into it. BUT, I do know that I love those shows, as well as Tom and Jerry and the Looney Toons. <3 Aa, I just wish I had it all on a DVD sometimes..

X Rayver's Princess

Sugary Sweetheart

63,675 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I lovvvvvvvvvvved the Princess and the Frog. I'm curled up with my Tiana Blanket as we speak!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think I'll go watch it nowww<3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dangerous Visionary

I knew we had some love for the Black animated series. Thanks all.

Dangerous Visionary

Coolio Fluffy Whip
Aww! I feel so nostalgic right now xD Little Bill and Proud family! I have not watched those in forever!

Princess and the frog was a fail .. I don't know how gumbo and frogs go together

Boondocks..hmm one of my all time favorites. I really do love all the satire in Uncle Ruckus's remarks. He's such an uncle Tom! hahaha x))

I remember watching Little Bill and Little Bear back to back. I think I even did like a crossover fanfic in the 7th maybe 8th grade. I know I'm a big wimpy baby whatever. I thought it was cute idea....

Dangerous Visionary

R e d P a n d a B a ii r
Boondocks is one I'll always hate. Lol. Good animation though.

Anyway, on the the positives!
Little Bill will ALWAYS be my most favored cartoon to watch. Hell, I still watch it when I wake up early enough for it. The Proud Family is another one that'll always be up there, and PJ is something that I love, love, love~. The Princess and the Frog really made me happy. Finally, a Disney princess that doesn't aspire to be the perfect house wife--excluding Mulan, Pocahontas, and that one girl from Atlantis: The Lost City. I don't really watch TV anymore.. I'm too sleepy to get into it. BUT, I do know that I love those shows, as well as Tom and Jerry and the Looney Toons. <3 Aa, I just wish I had it all on a DVD sometimes..

LOL well when you are unsleepy come back and spread some more love. LOL its okay to dislike/hate Boondocks or any of the shows on the list. We all have different taste afterall.

Dangerous Visionary

Salvatore Graziano
Boondocks, and s**t like it is so extremely stereotypical. It perpetuates racism, and the negativity you people pretend to want to stand against. You know who does stand against such things? Who has made strides in defeating such things? Who has actually made steps and taken action against such things?

... Oprah.

Oprah doesn't have an animated series. Would be nice if she did though. Also what about Little Bill and such. I don't see any sterotypes there. It was a show about the adventures of Little Bill Cosby. Same with Waynehead.

Dangerous Visionary

Salvatore Graziano
Miss-dark8607
Salvatore Graziano
Boondocks, and s**t like it is so extremely stereotypical. It perpetuates racism, and the negativity you people pretend to want to stand against. You know who does stand against such things? Who has made strides in defeating such things? Who has actually made steps and taken action against such things?

... Oprah.

Oprah doesn't have an animated series. Would be nice if she did though. Also what about Little Bill and such. I don't see any sterotypes there. It was a show about the adventures of Little Bill Cosby. Same with Waynehead.

I know nothing about Little Bill, but Bill Cosby was a hell of a comic. A notorious racist though. I also know nothing about Waynehead. I do however, know that Oprah is not a notorious racist. I know that it's a shame Oprah doesn't have an animated series. I'm sure if Oprah did, it would be amazing.

If you have nothing good to say then don't say it. Also if you don't know anything about the subject at hand also don't speak. It doesn't make you look smart at all. If you want to rant this site has journal and the chatterbox.

Dangerous Visionary

Salvatore Graziano

Pretty sure the bold text is quite positive. Also, sometimes facts aren't nice. Perhaps you should stop assuming on a baseless pretext. Instead, you should simply admit Oprah's superiority.

Not really. As Oprah has nothing to do with the topic at hand. So please just leave my topic alone.

Unbeatable Tycoon

Coolio Fluffy Whip

Everytime I see Uncle Ruckus I want to kill him scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces