Welcome to Gaia! ::

This thread is showcasing African-American books for young children.

Pollin' 0.24 24.0% [ 6 ]
cool story sis 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
peeks at it 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
will probably post in it 0.44 44.0% [ 11 ]
.... 0.16 16.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Dangerous Visionary

stormylane
Gifted Hands!!!!

That's for adults I think by that one famous doctor? I watched his movie with CG Jr. It was good. I might actually make a topic about that.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Miss-dark8607
stormylane
Gifted Hands!!!!

That's for adults I think by that one famous doctor? I watched his movie with CG Jr. It was good. I might actually make a topic about that.

My kids read it.

Dangerous Visionary

stormylane
Miss-dark8607
stormylane
Gifted Hands!!!!

My kids read it.

Oh wow. Smart kids. 3nodding Are they going to be doctors?

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Miss-dark8607
stormylane
Miss-dark8607
stormylane
Gifted Hands!!!!

My kids read it.

lol... I wish.

1 in Law Enforcement - (daughter)
1 custodian crew leader for Meijer & Kohls (son) .... he's actually interested in Boarder Patrol, but he'll have to hurry or his baby sister will beat him to it.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I never saw the movie... just the book.
My mama called me one day because she'd heard about this amazing doctor who grew up in Detroit. (i grew up in Flint which is called Little Detriot by locals)

It was Dr. Carson's mother who really touched my mother's heart.
Anyway, mom wanted me to read about how this mother raised an amazing man like Dr. Carson since at the time I was raising a little boy.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Carson's mother!!
And Dr.Carson.... he is proof character, intelligence & faith is color blind.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I was watching tv a long time ago.. I think it was Oprah.
Anyway, there was this black female author who was on the show promoting & defending her children's book.

I've not read the book but on the show it was spoken of as if it were a great book.
But... a lot of people also said it was racist.
The book is called Nappy Hair.

Dangerous Visionary

stormylane
Miss-dark8607
stormylane
Miss-dark8607
stormylane
Gifted Hands!!!!

My kids read it.

lol... I wish.

1 in Law Enforcement - (daughter)
1 custodian crew leader for Meijer & Kohls (son) .... he's actually interested in Boarder Patrol, but he'll have to hurry or his baby sister will beat him to it.

Well those are also good things. I mean at least they have jobs and that's a blessing in this economy. Well I hope for the best for your kids. Never know maybe they will become lawyers or something.

Dangerous Visionary

stormylane
I never saw the movie... just the book.
My mama called me one day because she'd heard about this amazing doctor who grew up in Detroit. (i grew up in Flint which is called Little Detriot by locals)

It was Dr. Carson's mother who really touched my mother's heart.
Anyway, mom wanted me to read about how this mother raised an amazing man like Dr. Carson since at the time I was raising a little boy.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Carson's mother!!
And Dr.Carson.... he is proof character, intelligence & faith is color blind.

Indeed. Although she didn't know how to read herself she also went on to get her college education. I wish they made a movie about his mom too.

Dangerous Visionary

stormylane
I was watching tv a long time ago.. I think it was Oprah.
Anyway, there was this black female author who was on the show promoting & defending her children's book.

I've not read the book but on the show it was spoken of as if it were a great book.
But... a lot of people also said it was racist.
The book is called Nappy Hair.

I heard of it and I think it has a HBO family special that usually comes on around this time but I never get to see it because it usually comes on in the wee hours. (Which makes no sense to me). They should play it in the afternoons like that other movie Whitewash.

Dangerous Visionary

Wheezing Egg

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll add it to my Goodreads shelf.

Dangerous Visionary

Lick Brains

Just gonna keep stalking me huh. xd

Wheezing Egg

Miss-dark8607
Lick Brains

LOL stalking is a harsh word. Plus, your threads were all at the top at the time and they seem to be the only ones worthwhile (besides the one I've been updating about Historical Figures; I got a troll in the thread but whatever. Gonna keep postin' anyhowz). And they have polls. Polls attract people XD

I'm trying to thikn of some but I don't remember their names Q_Q I remember one about a sister and a brother and another about a family making jam. I don't remember much else. Dammmiiiiit...

Dangerous Visionary

Lick Brains
Miss-dark8607
Lick Brains

LOL stalking is a harsh word. Plus, your threads were all at the top at the time and they seem to be the only ones worthwhile (besides the one I've been updating about Historical Figures; I got a troll in the thread but whatever. Gonna keep postin' anyhowz). And they have polls. Polls attract people XD

I'm trying to thikn of some but I don't remember their names Q_Q I remember one about a sister and a brother and another about a family making jam. I don't remember much else. Dammmiiiiit...

*is bumping her threads because they are some of the few that are actually productive and positive around here* So thank you for supporting them.

Aw its okay. Also its okay there's like a million children books out there. I'm still searching for this silly one that ended every line with "And that's how you know...It's kwanzaa time!" Only in all CAPS with the Kwanzaa colors. I thought it was so bright and fun. However, there's been a dozen or so Kwanzaa books now.

Dangerous Visionary

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces