Welcome to Gaia! ::

If I have to call black people African Americans than you can call me European- American or Caucasian. emotion_facepalm
Why do some people get offended when I say black.
emotion_donotwant

Questionable Borg

It's just more politically correct, because some people who look black, aren't really black. People need to stop being so worried about offending each other.

1,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
We are called African American because we are not native to America such as Chinese American or Irish Armerican we came from somewhere else it doesn't bother me one way or another but for some it can be touchy

Sparkling Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
Because they're sensitive.

Blessed Prophet

5,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
If you called me a c***k instead of Asian-American, I'd be forced to drop-kick you.
Did someone personally tell you "Please do not call me black" ?

If so, then just don't call that person black. That doesn't mean every single black person feels the same way. Black people aren't hivemind.

I've never been offended to be called black and prefer it. My whole family calls themselves black. If I get called African American that's fine, too. I don't think it's that serious.
Monggy! biggrin
because we are not black were brown *learn your colors this is what preschool is 4 rolleyes
Lower Case Zed
If I have to call black people African Americans than you can call me European- American or Caucasian. emotion_facepalm
Why do some people get offended when I say black.

i agree with you!! dont call us white if you dont wanna be called black... xp

Liberal Codger

I personally hate this because not all black people in America came from Africa. It's confusing and stupid. This is why instead of labels, I think we should all just be "people."
Nature Friendly
If you called me a c***k instead of Asian-American, I'd be forced to drop-kick you.

If you called me c***k instead of Asian-American, I would be forced to laugh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff