Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi everyone!!!
It has been a couple years since my prom, but the memories are still very fond and vivid.
I loved my prom night, and feel that I may well have some advice that may help some of you preparing for your big nights. I know many people will disagree with me, and I am completely prepared to be called a prude and all other such names, but this is me speaking from my own personal experience from a prom which rocked beyond my wildest hopes.
Anyway, I think I will just post one or two points now to see how they are received, and then post more later if people seem at all interested.

Tip #1: Don't fuss about getting a date simply for the sake of having one. If you have a boyfriend or girlfriend, of course go with them, but please don't simply go with someone because you feel you need to have a "date." Go with a group of friends. Believe me, you will have a lot more fun than if you go with some person you barely know and who's company you very well may not enjoy.

Tip #2: DON'T DRINK! You want to remember this night and not feel sick in the morning. If you absolutely feel you cannot enjoy your night without alcohol (which is totally untrue!) please at least have a designated driver or arrange for a cab. Don't risk your lives for a buzz!!!

Have fun everyone 4laugh

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I don't think Gaia avatars can get drunk. XD
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am talking about the people who are going to proms in real life.
But you're right, I have never seen a drunk avatar biggrin

Sparkly Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
My advice:

1. You don't have to go with the crowd necessarily. While everyone else at the prom was dancing, my date and I sat at our table together. A lot of people were making fun of us afterwards, thinking we were just sitting there bored and uncomfortable since we weren't talking either. But the two of us agreed that it was the best way we could have spent those three hours. Not that you should let anything keep you from dancing if you want to!

2. Go in a group of people you know. You'll be happier, safer, and your mother won't have to spend all night pacing the house worrying about you.

3. Relax and let what will happen, happen. 3nodding
This is to all the ladies that's about to dance on the dance floor:

If your feet hurts, take off you heels and dance barefoot. it will help your feet to relax and let the sore go away. Put your heels back on if your going to the restroom, get your picture taken, or leave the dance.
cool we can do any thing we want i think question

I have a question, advice-givers. I want to ask my friend Jackie out to the Junior Prom, but she is also my good friend's ex. She recently ( a week ago) broke up with him, and I was wondering whether I should ask her Monday-Friday of next week. If not then, should I wait for June and then ask her? gonk

Sparkly Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
I CHANGED MY NAME LOL

I have a question, advice-givers. I want to ask my friend Jackie out to the Junior Prom, but she is also my good friend's ex. She recently ( a week ago) broke up with him, and I was wondering whether I should ask her Monday-Friday of next week. If not then, should I wait for June and then ask her? gonk

TALK TO YOUR FRIEND FIRST

It's an awfully recent break up, but then you don't want to wait too long. I'd say talk to your friend next week. If you're friends with her anyway, and you're going as friends, not as a couple, I'd say it should be fine. But don't sacrifice a friendship over it. It wouldn't be worth it in the end.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff