Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image

Welcome to the WGoG's Summer Blast Contest and Giveaway! We've got lots of games and contests planned for the entire Summer so make sure you come back often to see what's going on! You could win gold and rare items, make new friends, and even write some awesome summer short stories and/or poetry! This is going to be an exciting month!

You're probably wondering what WGoG is right? Well even if you're not wondering exactly what it is I'm gonna tell you! The Writers Guild of Gaia is an awesome guild for Writers, Artists, Musicians, and just about anyone else! We're a guild all about writing and helping aspiring young writers to better themselves. Why don't you head over to our Recruitment Thread to learn more about us! We're even having another contest over there you can participate in!

Navigation:
1 - Introduction
2 - Rules and Guidelines
3 - Short Story Contest
4 - Art Contest
5 - Avi Contest
6 - Games Galore!
7 - Games Galore! con.
8 - Thread Moderators and awesome Banners!

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User ImageRules and GuidelinesUser Image

Here are just a few rules to follow so that we can keep things nice and drama free!

User Image Follow all Gaia Rules and ToS

User Image Follow the Forum Rules

User Image No Spamming, Trolling, or being a jerk

User Image No begging for gold/items.

User Image Please do not quote anything from the first page unless you are trying to point out something specific. Quoting entire posts from the first page will be considered spamming.

User Image Just have fun!

User Image Rules are subject to change if you anything happens! So behave!

If you have any questions, complaints, and/or concerns please contact one of the thread moderators!

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User ImageShort Story Contest User Image

Who doesn't love to write about summer fun? I mean there's so much you could write about! You could write about a summer camp, a beach party, a bonfire, a family vacation, and just about anything else that takes place in the summer. Heck you could even write about a summer rainstorm if you absolutely wanted to. The point here is to just write about having fun during the summer! (Personally I like scary stories around a campfire) Anyhow! Onto the Contest!

Rules and Guidelines

User Image Entries must be in by August 25th. Winners will be announced on August 29th. Prizes will be Awarded no later then August 31st.

User Image Stories should be no longer then 5,000 words. This is a short story contest after all!

User Image Stories should be rated no higher then PG-13.

User Image Make sure it's related to the Summer time and takes place in the Summer.

User Image Any Genre is acceptable, just have fun! (And keep it about summer-y)

User Image If you need help with ideas or editing go ahead and ask for it here or over in WGoG! I personally can't help you since I'll be the judge, but I'm sure other people will help you!

User Image Please keep the spelling and grammar mistakes to a minimum (or non existent if possible). Everyone makes mistakes, but too many mistakes become a distraction.

User Image Send your stories to me via PM labeled "WGoG Summer Blast Short Story".

User Image If you have sent me your entry, but you do not see your name on the list of participants just message me and I'll add you. Please be patient though! I might not even be on at the moment.

Let's See the Prizes!

User Image First prize will be an User Image Astra: Lavender Enchanting Horn

User Image Second prize will be a User Image Thank you letter for August 2006

User Image Third prize will be 1,000,000 gold! gaia_gaiagold

Participants:

User Image Mizu Rose
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please go ahead and ask in this thread! If you want a quick answer please "quote" me.

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User ImageArt Contest!User Image

What's summer without a little art? It's such a wonderful way to express yourself! You can just sit back and draw a lovely scene of the ocean with the waves splashing back and forth with the sun just starting to set. Or you know you could draw a big sun with a smiley face as it chases down a creeper. Whatever floats your boat!

This contest however is all about drawing the WGoG crew members in a happy Summer Setting! You can draw a scene with all of the WGoG crew or you can just draw one person relaxing on the beach. This is all about art and how creative you can be!

Who are the WGoG crew?

User Image Captain: Ethril the Dragon Mother

User Image Vice Captain: Shanra the Dragon Bard

User Image Crew Members: Vincent SN, Luna the last wolf, MADLYALICE, Mizu Rose, and P a r a d i s e Garden

Rules and Guidelines

User Image Anything you submit must be Summer Themed

User Image Your submission must be rated no higher than pg-13

User Image Your submission must include at least 1 of the WGoG Crew (Captain, Vice Captain, or Crew).

User Image Your entry can be digital or traditionally drawn. Be creative!

User Image All entries will be judged on Creativity, Originality, and Emotion. The style and level of ability do not matter!

User Image To Enter PM me your entry with the title "WGoG Summer Blast Art Contest". Please put a LINK in the pm to your art.

User Image All entries must be in by August 24th. Winners will be chosen August 28th. Prizes will be sent out no later then August 31st.

User Image If you have questions about what a Crew Member's Avi looks like feel free to ask in this thread!

The Prizes:

User Image First place prize is a User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for July 2014

User Image Second place prize is a User Image Thank you letter for July 2008

User Image Third place prize is 1,000,000 gold gaia_gaiagold

Participants:

User Image KimberlyAriel07
User Image
User Image
User Image

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post here in the thread! If you want a quick answer please "quote" me.

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User ImageAvi ContestUser Image

Let's see how you dress up for the summer! Well actually let's see how you dress up your Avi. What kind of outfit do you put your avi into when it's summer time? Come and show us your stylish look and you could possibly win an awesome prize!

Rules and Guidelines

User Image Put your Avi into a "summer" themed outfit. It doesn't have to be swimwear. Be creative!

User Image Only use items that you actually own. No tektek avi's allowed.

User Image If you want to participate PM me with the title "WGoG Summer Blast Avi Contest"

User Image However your avi looks on August 10th will be your entry. Make sure you save how you want it to look! To be on the safe side keep your avi the same until August 12th.

User Image Winners will be announced August 12th. Prizes will go out no later then August 15th

User Image If you sent me a PM and you are not on the Participant list just message me or quote me here in the thread and I'll fix it. Be patient; I might not be on.
The Pretty Prizes:

User Image First place prize will be a User Image Jellyfish Dress

User Image Second place prize will be a User Image Squirt Gun

User Image Third place prize will be 1,000,000 gold gaia_gaiagold

Participants:

User Image Shanra the Dragon Bard
User Image kimanhbff
User Image
User Image
User Image

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post. If you want a quick answer please "quote" me.

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User ImageGames Galore!User Image

Did you think the only way for you to get some cool items was through the contests? Think again! We've got a ton more items and gold for you to win just by playing some games! Let's take a look at what you can do to get some cool loot!

Poetry bump game

The Poetry bump game is a long time favorite of the Writers Guild of Gaia. It's where 1 person posts 5 words and the next person creates a poem using at least 3 of those 5 words. Once you create a poem using the previous 5 words you create a list of 5 new words for someone else to use! You don't have to be the best poet in the world, just have fun and be creative! Confused on how it works? Check out the WGoG Recruitment Thread to see an example of how the game works.

User Image Anyone can use the first list of 5 words. Just make sure you create a new list that someone else can use!

User Image Keep track somewhere in your post of how many poetry bumps you've done! You can't win prizes if you don't keep count.

User Image You only need to use 3 of the 5 words! Don't stress!

User Image Keep your poems pg-13 please. And do the same with your word lists.

User Image The first person to the required amount of Poetry bumps gets the corresponding prize. PM me if you think you've won with the title "WGoG Summer Poetry Bump Game!" and link to your post. I'll check to see if you've really won.

User Image Don't cheat. Cheating means saying you've bumped more times then you really have.

User Image You have to use a different list of 5 words for every Poetry bump.

Prizes:

User Image The first 3 2 people to get 15 Poetry bumps gets a User Image Titan's Legacy
Winners: kimanhbff

User Image The first 2 1 people to 25 Poetry bumps gets 500,000 gold! gaia_gaiagold each
Winners: kimanhbff

User Image The first person to 35 Poetry bumps gets a User Image Melon Pan mood bubble
User Image The first person to 50 Poetry bumps gets a User Image Vibrant Sunshine

The first word set is: Summer, Blast, Fun, Surprise, Ball

Random Number Generator Game!

This game is really easy to play. In fact you can play it while playing the Poetry Bump Game! You can play it while you're talking to other people!

User Image Set your Numbers 1 to 20,000. Seems like a lot, but there are quite a few prizes.

User Image If you get a corresponding number send me a PM with the title "WGoG Summer RNG Game!" and put a link to your winning post.

User Image When a prize is won I will cross it off the list. Check back throughout the month of August though! The list will be updated.

Prizes:
User Image # 193 - User ImageWatermeat
User Image # 579 - User Image Sunburn
User Image # 1333 - User Image Watermelon Hat
User Image # 2089 - User Image 10 pound guppy
User Image# 5997 - User Image green octopus (on my head)
User Image# 8002 - 500,000 gold gaia_gaiagold
User Image# 10,059 - User Image Beach Towel cape
User Image# 12,991 - User Image Water Wielder
User Image# 13,805 - 1,000,000 Gold gaia_gaiagold
User Image# 15,222 - User Image Sharp Fish Teeth
User Image# 17,001 - User Image Lionfish Tail
User Image# 19,092 - 10,000,000 Gold gaia_gaiagold

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User ImageGames Galore! con.User Image

But wait! There's more!

The 'Describe It' Game!

Here's how the Describe It game works: Randomly I will post in the thread with a list of a few themes/items/words. The first 10 people to create a 1 to 5 paragraph description/short story using the list I posted will be placed in a drawing for a random prize (I will list the prizes). I'll make it obvious when I post the list so that everyone will know. I will also tell you which prize is currently up for grabs

User Image When posting your description/short story you need to QUOTE ME. otherwise I will not know you are actually participating and you will not be placed in the drawing.

User ImageKeep all spelling/grammar mistakes to a minimum. If the mistakes are excessive your description will be disqualified and you will not be entered in the drawing.

User Image Keep your description PG-13. If you do not do so then your description will be disqualified and you will not be placed in the drawing.

User ImageYou can create a really short short story instead of a description if that's what you want to do. Just make sure it meets the 1 to 5 paragraph requirement.

User ImageYour Short story/description has to have something to do with the list I will post. I WILL read what you post.

Possible Prizes heart
User ImageUser Image Blue Octopus (on my head)
User Image 1,000,000 gold gaia_gaiagold
User Image User Image Rejected Olympics 2k12 Beach Babes
User Image User Image SDPlus #518 Beach Gaia-Sama
User Image User Image Seaweed Hair
User Image User Image Summer Springs Sunflowers
User Image More will be added as time goes on!

First to _ page

Of course I will be rewarding people who get to certain pages! The first person to certain pages will be getting prizes! (if you break any rules you will be disqualified and the prize will go to the next person on the page.) I don't count of course so if I am first on a page then I'll give it to whoever posts after me. If we get all the way up to 500 pages I will update the list to include more items! If I miss you when handing out rewards just message me or Quote Me in the thread.

Prizes:

User Image The first person to every 5th page will get a User Image Philosopher's Cache (Any)
User Image The first person to Page 10 will get a User Image Town Flags
User Image The first person to Page 25 will get 250,000 gold gaia_gaiagold
User Image The first person to Page 50 will get a User Image Heart Charm
User Image The first person to Page 100 will get a User Image Star Charm
User Image The first person to page 250 will get a User Image Diamond Charm
User Image The first person to page 500 will get a User Image Wildcard Charm

Participation!

There's one more way you can get cool loot: Participate! Have fun talking to friends, having single line RP's, play the games, join the contests, and just participate! If I think you're really having fun and participating I'll reward you with a cool prize or with gold.

Possible Prizes:

User Image 100,000 gold gaia_gaiagold
User Image User Image Beach towel cape
User Image User Image Water Trident
User Image User Image Arrowhead Fish Sword
User Image And much more!

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments go ahead and post them! For a quick reply just "QUOTE" me.

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User ImageThread Moderators!User Image

Here are some people who will keep track of what's going on in the thread. If you break a rule they have the power to ban you from the thread.

Moderators:

User Image Ethril the Dragon Mother
User Image Shanra the Dragon Bard
User Image More will be added as people volunteer

People who have been banned:
No one so far!

Awesome Banners!

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/beach-party-2014/wgog-summer-blast-contest-and-giveaway-tons-of-loot/t.93332153/][img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/205/2/6/scroll_summer_by_ethril_dragon-d7s17hf.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/beach-party-2014/wgog-summer-blast-contest-and-giveaway-tons-of-loot/t.93332153/][img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/205/3/8/summer_banner_2_by_ethril_dragon-d7s1bh4.png[/img][/url]

If you want to make a new banner for the thread I might give you a nice little "Thank you" prize emotion_dealwithit

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Let's get this party started! :: Cuts the ribbon ::

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Fixed a couple mistakes I found.

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I shall bump the contest

ll akuma ll's Kouhai

Nine-tailed Spirit

19,900 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I might as well give this contest a shop. But which one to pick though. *Looks thoughtful*

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Embers N Ashes
I might as well give this contest a shop. But which one to pick though. *Looks thoughtful*
While you pick you can play one of the games!

Aila Euclase generated a random number between 1 and 20000 ... 11071!

Timid Bunny

11,575 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Blessed Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Regalia Minerva
heart