Can I be both? :D 0.10294117647059 10.3% [ 7 ]
Anonymous. 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 23 24 25

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Glenn Loki
Pie

Pshaw, I love hanging around even after everyone else went home.

You know, now that you mention it, I remember hearing that song when I was sort of young and didn't know what words fit into the blanks. I honestly had no idea what it was supposed to be saying at some parts. So yeah, I guess you have a point, it does kinda suck when they just drop a word without trying to hide it since it just breaks flow and pulls you out of the song a bit.

It would be nice if we, as a culture, could just get over the idea of language being inappropriate and let the song play the way it's supposed to be on the radio.

Thinking further on this song, I have come around to your view. While the scratches are infuriating when you're trying to get into the music, pulling the song's teeth with innocuous word substitution may be even worse. I can see it now: Mary walks into the clinic, and "they call her a sinner, and they call her a killer, and they call her a bore." xd

You absolutely nailed it: we need to shake off our Puritan roots, discard the idea that words themselves are dangerous and kids must be protected from them, and just let the music be! (Besides, if parents think their kids haven't heard worse things on a playground than they'll ever hear in a song, they must be living on another planet.)

Music for the sake of music: Rainbow in the Dark, by Dio. Oh, and if you ever thought Dio's Holy Diver would be great, if only it was metalcore but still had a ren-faire video, well, this Killswitch Engage cover is for you!

Pfff. I licked the silver spoon, drank from the golden cup, and ate the finest steak? mrgreen

It's true. It's that ingrained idea we still have: "If they don't know about it, it can't hurt them." Which is pretty ridiculous, and usually the opposite of true. It's better to let kids know about what dangers are in the world so they know how to deal with them, rather than assume they'll figure out that that's the so-bad-it's-unspeakable thing everyone censors around you.

HRRRGH DIO man you just steered us into JJBA territory and I love it. Also goddamn that cover is downright magical, down to their renn faire setting. I love how the character breaking (like when he's like OH s**t MAN GIMMIE *THAT* SWORD) and how you can see the zippers on the cloaks and such. It's like I'm back at King Richard's Faire!

By the way, I've got my next playlist thing started! It's less of a big deal than this one, but I've become part of a user event for supporting the continuation of Gaia's manga plot. And I needed to unwind last night, so I decided I'd take a break from the actual event stuff and start making a Gaia Awesome Mix in the vein of Guardians of the Galaxy. 3nodding

No Saint

37,525 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Pie

Pfff. I licked the silver spoon, drank from the golden cup, and ate the finest steak? mrgreen

It's true. It's that ingrained idea we still have: "If they don't know about it, it can't hurt them." Which is pretty ridiculous, and usually the opposite of true. It's better to let kids know about what dangers are in the world so they know how to deal with them, rather than assume they'll figure out that that's the so-bad-it's-unspeakable thing everyone censors around you.

HRRRGH DIO man you just steered us into JJBA territory and I love it. Also goddamn that cover is downright magical, down to their renn faire setting. I love how the character breaking (like when he's like OH s**t MAN GIMMIE *THAT* SWORD) and how you can see the zippers on the cloaks and such. It's like I'm back at King Richard's Faire!

By the way, I've got my next playlist thing started! It's less of a big deal than this one, but I've become part of a user event for supporting the continuation of Gaia's manga plot. And I needed to unwind last night, so I decided I'd take a break from the actual event stuff and start making a Gaia Awesome Mix in the vein of Guardians of the Galaxy. 3nodding

I'd feel weird posting in a guild I'm not a member of, even if I'm allowed, but I'd like to suggest Steve Miller's Space Cowboy for the Zurg.

(And...JJBA? JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? A friend of mine used to play the fight game for hours at a time, but I've never seen the anime.)

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Glenn Loki
I'd feel weird posting in a guild I'm not a member of, even if I'm allowed, but I'd like to suggest Steve Miller's Space Cowboy for the Zurg.

(And...JJBA? JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? A friend of mine used to play the fight game for hours at a time, but I've never seen the anime.)

Well, you could join the cause, just to show your support! razz But you don't have to, obviously. Thanks for the suggestion!

And oh man, you really should get more into it. The series is flooded with music references. It's mostly characters in parts 1 and 2 (the villain Dio Brando, Jojo himself as a reference to Get Back by the Beatles, Robert Edward O. Speedwagon, the Zeppeli family, Lisa Lisa, Suzie Q, and perhaps the best, the four pillar men: Santana, ACDC, Wham and Cars), but part 3 introduces stands, and part 4 starts naming them all after songs and bands. For example, the main character in Part 4 uses a stand named Crazy Diamond, and he goes up against a serial killer with a stand named Killer Queen..

The full list is pretty huge. See for yourself!

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
Pie
AAAAAH HOLY CRAP I MISSED THIS? crying heart heart heart

Oh my god oh my god oh my god aaaaaah

I just love how he's quietly tolerating what a dork I am gonk heart

Ahh thank goodness you were able to see it. emotion_c8
Good luck with the plot guild~

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Punktz
Pie
AAAAAH HOLY CRAP I MISSED THIS? crying heart heart heart

Oh my god oh my god oh my god aaaaaah

I just love how he's quietly tolerating what a dork I am gonk heart

Ahh thank goodness you were able to see it. emotion_c8
Good luck with the plot guild~

I'm so deliriously happyyyy, I love getting arts and it's so cute and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa crying

Thank you! Feel free to join in, though you seem to be dedicating your efforts to another worthy cause. heart

No Saint

37,525 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Pie
Glenn Loki

Well, you could join the cause, just to show your support! razz But you don't have to, obviously. Thanks for the suggestion!

And oh man, you really should get more into it. The series is flooded with music references. It's mostly characters in parts 1 and 2 (the villain Dio Brando, Jojo himself as a reference to Get Back by the Beatles, Robert Edward O. Speedwagon, the Zeppeli family, Lisa Lisa, Suzie Q, and perhaps the best, the four pillar men: Santana, ACDC, Wham and Cars), but part 3 introduces stands, and part 4 starts naming them all after songs and bands. For example, the main character in Part 4 uses a stand named Crazy Diamond, and he goes up against a serial killer with a stand named Killer Queen..

The full list is pretty huge. See for yourself!

If the cause is to keep the manga going, and to ask that they don't ever hold the pages hostage to a kickstarter result again, I do support it. I'm a bit doubtful that Gaia cares enough about what users want to actually pay attention, when what users want doesn't involve handing them bags of money, so I'm not sure how you'd hope to accomplish such a goal. What would be required of me if I joined up?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to catch some more episodes on Youtube (maybe even start at the beginning so I know what the hell is going on!) to see if I like it enough to track down more. smile

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Glenn Loki
If the cause is to keep the manga going, and to ask that they don't ever hold the pages hostage to a kickstarter result again, I do support it. I'm a bit doubtful that Gaia cares enough about what users want to actually pay attention, when what users want doesn't involve handing them bags of money, so I'm not sure how you'd hope to accomplish such a goal. What would be required of me if I joined up?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to catch some more episodes on Youtube (maybe even start at the beginning so I know what the hell is going on!) to see if I like it enough to track down more. smile

That's exactly what it's for -- at the time it was created, there was word from high authority that there not only were we not going to get a Nyx summoning for Halloween, there were no plans for the manga to continue past the current chapter. It's since been clarified that the manga is going to continue... it's just low-priority, probably not going to connect to any events, and as far as we know, eligible to go back on the Kickstarter chopping block at any time. And that's all just as far as finishing the Airship Saga -- who even knows if there's a chance of getting more plots once this one is complete? The way Gaia's headed, it wouldn't be surprising if a lot more events were one-off plots not connected to anything, much like the Spirit of Summer event was.

Technically speaking, as much or as little as you want. Even if you just want to join to bolster the ranks a bit, go for it, no one's gonna hound you. wink However, if you do want to participate, we're still in the recruit-and-brainstorm stages. We haven't even settled on an item for the cause, though popular opinion is saying it's probably going to be the Gaia shirts from the Loyal's shop. (Trying to find an item that's appropriate and Animal-base friendly is hard!)

What we're thinking about actually running would be a big community user event that, literally, would be for all the plots, all of them, yes even that one. Basically, it'd be a long event with theme days for different plots -- one day you'd be dressing up as your overall favorite NPC, another day as a LabTech, another as a Zurg, another as an Airship captain... etc. And of course there'd be different activities for each day. The details are still being worked out, though, and in fact I'm about to pitch that maybe, now that we already know a Nyx Halloween is guaranteed not gonna happen, we should plan for November instead of October. (With that much time to plan, maybe even *we* could get a Kickstarter. razz )

JJBA -- they have it on Crunchyroll as well!

No Saint

37,525 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Pie

That's exactly what it's for -- at the time it was created, there was word from high authority that there not only were we not going to get a Nyx summoning for Halloween, there were no plans for the manga to continue past the current chapter. It's since been clarified that the manga is going to continue... it's just low-priority, probably not going to connect to any events, and as far as we know, eligible to go back on the Kickstarter chopping block at any time. And that's all just as far as finishing the Airship Saga -- who even knows if there's a chance of getting more plots once this one is complete? The way Gaia's headed, it wouldn't be surprising if a lot more events were one-off plots not connected to anything, much like the Spirit of Summer event was.

Technically speaking, as much or as little as you want. Even if you just want to join to bolster the ranks a bit, go for it, no one's gonna hound you. wink However, if you do want to participate, we're still in the recruit-and-brainstorm stages. We haven't even settled on an item for the cause, though popular opinion is saying it's probably going to be the Gaia shirts from the Loyal's shop. (Trying to find an item that's appropriate and Animal-base friendly is hard!)

What we're thinking about actually running would be a big community user event that, literally, would be for all the plots, all of them, yes even that one. Basically, it'd be a long event with theme days for different plots -- one day you'd be dressing up as your overall favorite NPC, another day as a LabTech, another as a Zurg, another as an Airship captain... etc. And of course there'd be different activities for each day. The details are still being worked out, though, and in fact I'm about to pitch that maybe, now that we already know a Nyx Halloween is guaranteed not gonna happen, we should plan for November instead of October. (With that much time to plan, maybe even *we* could get a Kickstarter. razz )

JJBA -- they have it on Crunchyroll as well!

I'm not the most active member--honestly, this is the longest conversation I've had on Gaia that wasn't with my wife or myself (if you hadn't already guessed, I am also Bonaduece, Duece Machina, St Arvin Ardiss, and Citizen Jones) in, well, years. But I reckon I can be a warm body, wear a shirt and a sig, and donate maybe 30 billion gold. Won't go far, these days, but... *shrug*

I do think putting off the user-run event until November might be smart, both so there's more time to get it together and so it doesn't run up against whatever Gaia does officially for Halloween. On the other hand, you can't call it Plotoberfest if it's in November, can you? And there's something to be said for striking while the iron's hot. Some people who are fired up right now might not be in November, or they might have family obligations that reduce their Gaia time in general....

Music for fun: 20 Minutes of Oxygen, by the Darkest of the Hillside Thickets. I guess most music is for fun, really. Music not for fun would be Killswitch Engage's Always, which always makes me cry. In fact that one's so sad I need a quick pick me up; Gaga isn't usually my thing, but somehow mixing her with Fallout produces instant happiness: Fallout New Vegas: Just Dance.

xX-Stacyx's Wife

Snarky Vermin

49,690 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I heard a little bit of a male cover of Icona Pop's I Love It on the radio today, and quite liked it, but had the devil's own time finding it--mostly because Buckcherry changed it a bit. But while I was looking, I stumbled across the Steam Powered Giraffe cover, which is certainly something!

No Saint

37,525 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
If they're going to leave the forum up, I guess I'll keep using it.

Since Gaia and I occasionally disagree about what's appropriate and what's not, I decided not to link Electric Six's Gay Bar. So, well, Danger: High Voltage it is.

xX-Stacyx's Wife

Snarky Vermin

49,690 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I admit I'm now simply linking music for the sake of linking music, with no expectation it will ever be heard. biggrin The theme of this batch is progressively angrier chick rock.

Cherry Bomb, by the Runaways.

I Hate Myself for Loving You, by Joan Jett (formerly of the Runaways).*

Time to Run, by Phantom Blue.

Purge, by Meldrum (formerly of Phantom Blue).

*All my favorite Joan Jett songs are actually covers (I Love Rock and Roll tops that list), so I can't really say they're by Joan Jett, even though I like her versions better than the originals. But of her own original songs, this is probably my--and, well, everybody's--favorite.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff