A follower of X! 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 2 ]
Neither, but let's party anyway! 0.38235294117647 38.2% [ 26 ]
Can I be both? :D 0.10294117647059 10.3% [ 7 ]
Anonymous. 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 ... 23 24 25 >
Pie
Lady Kariel
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You know, I was going to blingee the s**t out of some Gaia NPC art and reply with that, but apparently the blingee site isn't loading its freebie editor for me and I'm not stupid enough to download it.

You will have to use your imagination instead.

I just copied the image url because I saw this on a random site. You can just google them too

Inquisitive Rogue

15,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
Pie

Aah, okay. I remember those days! It was a very profitable time to be farming zOMG. That's where I built up my cache of unbound rings, which were going to go for a lot even before the Soulbinding started. ninja

I'm just honestly surprised by their recent work in general. There's been such a shift in their sound, and I highly approve. I prefer upbeat over emo, you know? Even when I'm feeling bad, I'd rather something that can take my mind off it than to dwell. But that's just my taste!

I hear ya. I would be a hypocrite if I complained much about emo bands, though, considering how much goth metal I listened to when I was younger. Nobody with a Type O Negative t-shirt has much room to talk about music not being upbeat enough. xd

IRL Fairy

16,650 Points
  • Summer Philanthropist 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
Glenn Loki
Pie

Nooooo. No Justin Beiber. gonk

I've already settled on my ballroom: the Space Station. My sun sign is Capricorn and my moon sign is Leo, so...

I'm a Pisces, but the underwater castle does nothing for me. Well, that's not entirely true, it sort of makes me think of Bioshock. Which is kind of cool, but doesn't really make me want to dance. Maybe I'll just go to bed and skip the ball. Sleep is calling my name....

Oh, I almost forgot. Here's a song that seems to describe your rocky relationship with X: You Blew Me Off, by Bare Jr.

Have a good night, and a lovely ball!

(...that didn't sound quite right...)

Yeeeeah, I'm not really feeling invested in the ball this year. I think I got into it one or two years, but nowadays it's just too short for me, you know? I was busy Friday, today the majority of my day was taken up with an NYC shopping trip... I might be able to stop in tomorrow to see, what, everything wrapping up? It's not a convention, man. Why pack it into three days so it's easy to miss most of it?

Pffhaahahaha, this is wonderful! I won't lie, it is pretty apt. ... even down to me calling "Bobby, come back". emo

IRL Fairy

16,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
Punktz
Prun-Pie
Punktz
Prunnies are okay too I guess.

... only "I guess"? emo

(Yes, I have a Prunny mule. And a Grunny, too. Shhhh.)

Lol it's just that I don't know where they came from. That and I'm not fond of the colour purple. Nice (human) ball outfit by the way.

Alternate Gaia. They are the same Grunnies, just from the alternate dimension of Dark Reflection. Whether or not the story behind them is also different, I cannot say.

Thank you!

IRL Fairy

16,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
Bonaduece
Pie

Aah, okay. I remember those days! It was a very profitable time to be farming zOMG. That's where I built up my cache of unbound rings, which were going to go for a lot even before the Soulbinding started. ninja

I'm just honestly surprised by their recent work in general. There's been such a shift in their sound, and I highly approve. I prefer upbeat over emo, you know? Even when I'm feeling bad, I'd rather something that can take my mind off it than to dwell. But that's just my taste!

I hear ya. I would be a hypocrite if I complained much about emo bands, though, considering how much goth metal I listened to when I was younger. Nobody with a Type O Negative t-shirt has much room to talk about music not being upbeat enough. xd

Yeeeeah, I never really got much into goth myself, though I did get some exposure from my oldest sister who had her own goth phase.

Just to give an example of my tastes, though, I recently found and enjoy Birthday Massacre, and when my sister heard me listening to it she called it... what was it? "Happy goth" or something like that.

Apocalyptic Hero

9,350 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Cheercrusher 50
Pie
Oh man, you know what's a great funny cover, though? Hungry Like The Wolf as done by Reel Big Fish. Like I mean, I love Duran Duran to death, who doesn't, but honestly? I think the Reel Big Fish version is just so much fun that I might prefer it over the original.

That much is sadly true. I'm quite fond of Chumbawamba -- even though I don't even know what political issue they're singing about more than half the time, which I'm sure would piss 'em off -- but last I checked, some of my favorite songs were nowhere to be found on Youtube.

Oh, my god, that's awesome. biggrin

I must have a hipster streak, because I always manage to fall in love with some random indie band that just...almost...made it big-time, but instead broke up and left no trace but the occasional used CD in a bargain bin somewhere. The Hail Marys. The Same Fate. Galactic Cowboys--no, the other Galactic Cowboys.

(While checking the spelling of the Hail Marys, I find out that, holy s**t, they're back together and have their website back up! Woo-hoo! Free music, including that one song from Bound that I've been looking for since the 90s! I would link the site, but I'm afraid Gaia would consider it off-site advertising or something. So, to the Youtube, for Hopeless Faith....)

Feral Saint

13,400 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Pie
Glenn Loki

I'm a Pisces, but the underwater castle does nothing for me. Well, that's not entirely true, it sort of makes me think of Bioshock. Which is kind of cool, but doesn't really make me want to dance. Maybe I'll just go to bed and skip the ball. Sleep is calling my name....

Oh, I almost forgot. Here's a song that seems to describe your rocky relationship with X: You Blew Me Off, by Bare Jr.

Yeeeeah, I'm not really feeling invested in the ball this year. I think I got into it one or two years, but nowadays it's just too short for me, you know? I was busy Friday, today the majority of my day was taken up with an NYC shopping trip... I might be able to stop in tomorrow to see, what, everything wrapping up? It's not a convention, man. Why pack it into three days so it's easy to miss most of it?

Pffhaahahaha, this is wonderful! I won't lie, it is pretty apt. ... even down to me calling "Bobby, come back". emo

Right? It's not a real ball; you don't have to rent the space, or pay for a band, or provide refreshments. Why not run it a week?

IRL Fairy

16,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
Duece Machina
Pie
Oh man, you know what's a great funny cover, though? Hungry Like The Wolf as done by Reel Big Fish. Like I mean, I love Duran Duran to death, who doesn't, but honestly? I think the Reel Big Fish version is just so much fun that I might prefer it over the original.

That much is sadly true. I'm quite fond of Chumbawamba -- even though I don't even know what political issue they're singing about more than half the time, which I'm sure would piss 'em off -- but last I checked, some of my favorite songs were nowhere to be found on Youtube.

Oh, my god, that's awesome. biggrin

I must have a hipster streak, because I always manage to fall in love with some random indie band that just...almost...made it big-time, but instead broke up and left no trace but the occasional used CD in a bargain bin somewhere. The Hail Marys. The Same Fate. Galactic Cowboys--no, the other Galactic Cowboys.

(While checking the spelling of the Hail Marys, I find out that, holy s**t, they're back together and have their website back up! Woo-hoo! Free music, including that one song from Bound that I've been looking for since the 90s! I would link the site, but I'm afraid Gaia would consider it off-site advertising or something. So, to the Youtube, for Hopeless Faith....)

I have a thing for one-hit-wonder bands. I can't help but feel like some of them wouldn't be one hit wonders if people bothered to check out their other albums, instead of listening to that one song that made it onto the radio.

Then again, alternatives to radio have been opening up more and more over the past decade or two. Especially as they've been bringing digital radio to cars, better portable music options paired with pretty much every cellphone doubling as a music player...

It does seem like more and more bands are getting back together and releasing new, better work. Maybe it's because more and more avenues are opening up to success?

IRL Fairy

16,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
Glenn Loki
Pie
Glenn Loki

Right? It's not a real ball; you don't have to rent the space, or pay for a band, or provide refreshments. Why not run it a week?

Seriously. The only thing it costs is their time and attention, and... I dunno, I feel like a good event doesn't need to be babysat 24/7, you know?

Greedy Giver

10,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
Why are they called jams though? Is it 'cause the music is sweet like jam, or the songs get stuck in your head (jammed)?

Magical Fairy

Punktz
Why are they called jams though? Is it 'cause the music is sweet like jam, or the songs get stuck in your head (jammed)?

It comes from the jazz era! It was slang for music played by a group in a free, improvised style.

I do not know more about the word than that.

Inquisitive Rogue

15,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
Grun-Pie
Punktz

It comes from the jazz era! It was slang for music played by a group in a free, improvised style.

Dictionary.com suggests it might be shortened from jamboree, or might be related to the use of jam as a verb meaning to pack tightly. Which is so vague as to be completely unhelpful.

In the spirit of the thread: a jazz cover of Get Lucky by the Soul Rebels Brass Band.

Feral Saint

13,400 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Pie

Seriously. The only thing it costs is their time and attention, and... I dunno, I feel like a good event doesn't need to be babysat 24/7, you know?

Even a bad event doesn't really need to be babysat, you would think. And it's just a roleplaying forum, really. There's nothing that requires maintenance or an extraordinary amount of mod attention....

IRL Fairy

16,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
Glenn Loki
Pie

Even a bad event doesn't really need to be babysat, you would think. And it's just a roleplaying forum, really. There's nothing that requires maintenance or an extraordinary amount of mod attention....

Well, a bad event is a dead event, so. Yeah.

I really don't even know if I can get my hopes up for the summer event, given how everything just feels like a let down lately.

Speaking of...

*lets her hair down and goes back into her beach duds*

IRL Fairy

16,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
Bonaduece
Grun-Pie
Punktz

Dictionary.com suggests it might be shortened from jamboree, or might be related to the use of jam as a verb meaning to pack tightly. Which is so vague as to be completely unhelpful.

In the spirit of the thread: a jazz cover of Get Lucky by the Soul Rebels Brass Band.

Oh, yeah, jamboree makes sense. It's probably that.

Also, ungh. heart I do love a good jazz band. Man, why does Get Lucky work so much better in every genre except the original?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff