Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beach Bums

+ 1 1 100.0% [ 102 ]
Total Votes:[ 102 ]

Shadowy Cultist

War leaves its trail,
In moonlight so pale...

@EEG: it helps me deal with my attention going from place to place all the freaking time
@J: Hey, I'm not bad at lining. Dunno if our art programs have compatible files, though, or I'd offer to line stuff for you.

...Its shadows, they flow,
In rivers, in rivers...

Manly Hunter

21,050 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian

How big do they normally get for you?

Hi Dreylen, what are you writing.

I don't know lol. But if it's a large canvas with a high enough DPI it usually only gets laggy during the colouring and other effects stages. Especially if I've been working on it for over an hour or 2. Sometimes I just close it all down and open it again.

Ah that is why I use small canvas on everything I hate lag.

I usually draw fairly small for freebies or just sketches and stuff in general. But I'd like to print this out like I have some other things so it's an 11x17 canvas that has to be at least 200dpi to be decent, and also changed to cmyk and saved as a large pdf for printing. I save a smaller compressed RGB jpeg to for online posts and all that.

I finished tho, I think. I posted it here

Ah well that isn't too big but maybe the computer doesn't always agree.
That is a nice one J.

200 isnt, but I usually hover around there lol. It's only in the colouring stage anyway but yeah, my computer isnt very powerful and when photoshop wants to remember and render all the things it can lag just a bit. Bust just a bit is annoying when you're colouring/painting 3nodding

Friendly Lunatic

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Champion 300
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian

How big do they normally get for you?

Hi Dreylen, what are you writing.

I don't know lol. But if it's a large canvas with a high enough DPI it usually only gets laggy during the colouring and other effects stages. Especially if I've been working on it for over an hour or 2. Sometimes I just close it all down and open it again.

I usually draw fairly small for freebies or just sketches and stuff in general. But I'd like to print this out like I have some other things so it's an 11x17 canvas that has to be at least 200dpi to be decent, and also changed to cmyk and saved as a large pdf for printing. I save a smaller compressed RGB jpeg to for online posts and all that.

That is a nice one J.

200 isnt, but I usually hover around there lol. It's only in the colouring stage anyway but yeah, my computer isnt very powerful and when photoshop wants to remember and render all the things it can lag just a bit. Bust just a bit is annoying when you're colouring/painting 3nodding

More powerful computer one day?

Dreylen: Ah, yeah I understand that problem.

Desirable Kitten

J Lone Wolf
Caelum Caeleste
J Lone Wolf
So it looks like that summer event thing is coming soon eh?

What are your insights about it?

I just hope I have time to finish 1 more of my arts before it starts lol. I've just about finished the first I have to do last night.

ohh...good lcuk on that J-sama ^-^

Manly Hunter

21,050 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian

That is a nice one J.

one day.
but for now it gets the job done, and I don;t play any online games or anything so I've never required something great. But the more my art develops I'll need one, I'd like to branch out and try other programs too.

aaand there's always so many other things to pay for XD

Shadowy Cultist

War leaves its trail,
In moonlight so pale...

@EEG: Yup. A.D.D.'s a b***h.

In rivers, in rivers...

Friendly Lunatic

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian

That is a nice one J.

one day.
but for now it gets the job done, and I don;t play any online games or anything so I've never required something great. But the more my art develops I'll need one, I'd like to branch out and try other programs too.

I got one cause of the art thing though couldn't pay for the programs at home so that didn't help too much -_-. Which other programs are you looking at?

Dreylen: Yes, yes it is.

Manly Hunter

21,050 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Dreylen
War leaves its trail,
In moonlight so pale...

@EEG: it helps me deal with my attention going from place to place all the freaking time
@J: Hey, I'm not bad at lining. Dunno if our art programs have compatible files, though, or I'd offer to line stuff for you.

In rivers, in rivers...

nah it's not the process of lining, it's trying to find a nice compatibility between the lines and colours, straight line art would look fine with cell shaded colours. It's tricky to blend them in without losing them or making them too strong. But also some of the original inspiration/feeling is lost in cold clean lines sometimes...and not everything is sketched so a lot is added or changed in the line process too XD

Friendly Phantom

Hello everyone

Manly Hunter

21,050 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian

That is a nice one J.

one day.

I got one cause of the art thing though couldn't pay for the programs at home so that didn't help too much -_-. Which other programs are you looking at?

Painter, more recent versions of photoshop, other video editing tools and poke around in the 3D world to see what that's like. Blender and all that.

Friendly Lunatic

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
elementalphantomthief
Hello everyone
Quick sisy give me a theme I have nothing.

Friendly Lunatic

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian
J Lone Wolf
EarthenElementalGuardian

That is a nice one J.

one day.

Painter, more recent versions of photoshop, other video editing tools and poke around in the 3D world to see what that's like. Blender and all that.

What 3D program would you use.
I would love photoshop XD.

Friendly Phantom

EarthenElementalGuardian
elementalphantomthief
Hello everyone
alien try that XD

Manly Hunter

21,050 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
unrelated what's going on here..

am I getting fat? or... has a cat crawled in to my shirt to sleep for the past 2 hours? XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Friendly Lunatic

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
elementalphantomthief
EarthenElementalGuardian
elementalphantomthief
Hello everyone
alien try that XD
I got nothing that I can think of that would be alien? O.o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas